• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Wildcard Race

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can count the Rockies out they’re not making shit, they sweep the Braves but then lose 2/3 to the fucking Padres. That’s who this team is, garbage.

Wow they pulled it off in the bottom of the 9th. Still, needing a desperate win in the bottom of the 9th to avoid losing a series to a team 30 games under .500 doesn't give me hope they can hang in the race.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can count the Rockies out they’re not making shit, they sweep the Braves but then lose 2/3 to the fucking Padres. That’s who this team is, garbage.
You look stupid thinking a 1 run lead at Coors fucking Field is insurmountable against the Padres.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look stupid thinking a 1 run lead at Coors fucking Field is insurmountable against the Padres.

Like I said in my 2nd post, needing a comeback win against a team 30 games under .500 to avoid losing a series doesn't look good for their playoff chances. Arizona just won 3/4 games against SD on the road and was close to sweeping them, the Rockies needed a comeback win just to avoid losing 2/3 at home. That tells me all I need to know.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in my 2nd post, needing a comeback win against a team 30 games under .500 to avoid losing a series doesn't look good for their playoff chances. Arizona just won 3/4 games against SD on the road and was close to sweeping them, the Rockies needed a comeback win just to avoid losing 2/3 at home. That tells me all I need to know.

How long have you been watching baseball? Bad teams beat good ones EVERY DAY. The shitty Giants not long ago went into LA and took 2 of 3 from the Dodgers. So I guess the Dodgers and Rockies both have no shot.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long have you been watching baseball? Bad teams beat good ones EVERY DAY. The shitty Giants not long ago went into LA and took 2 of 3 from the Dodgers. So I guess the Dodgers and Rockies both have no shot.

Do you follow Colorado? If not then you don't know how this team really is, I do. Series like this against SD is par for the course with them, not a rare case of a bad team beating a good team. They look decent against good teams and struggle to beat bad ones, doesn't really sound like a playoff contender now does it?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you follow Colorado? If not then you don't know how this team really is, I do. Series like this against SD is par for the course with them, not a rare case of a bad team beating a good team. They look decent against good teams and struggle to beat bad ones, doesn't really sound like a playoff contender now does it?

Man I get it, everyone watches their own team and sees all the flaws and thinks they are doomed after every loss. But they are very much in the mix.

ESPN right now has them at 48.9% to make the playoffs. So a coin flip. Enjoy being in a pennant race, my Giants haven't been in one for a couple years now.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad teams beat good teams, it happens. Yankees just split a 2 game series to the Marlins which they could have lost and not long ago the Rangers swept a series in Houston. Rockies are playing great right now and have a decent chance at making the postseason. There's a number of teams in the mix with them so it won't be easy but they're playing meaningful games late into August which at this point is all you can hope for. Padres haven't gotten close to a postseason spot in 8 years and haven't played a postseason game in over a decade while still in a current rebuild, it could be a whole lot worse.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Duffman

2018 Major League Baseball Standings & Expanded Standings | Baseball-Reference.com

Before today's win the Rockies are 36-33 vs teams over .500, 33-24 vs teams under. They are 8-2 in their last 10, and 18-12 in their last 30. Enjoy the ride.

The 33-24 record vs teams under .500 is very similar to the other WC contenders records vs teams under .500

I have no idea what he's bitching about.

Brewers 36-24
Phillies 35-25
Rockies 33-24
Cards 37-29
Dodgers 31-25

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess none of the WC teams are really "playoffs contenders" since they all "struggle" to beat bad teams based on their record against teams under .500

right @Duffman ?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad teams beat good teams, it happens. Yankees just split a 2 game series to the Marlins which they could have lost and not long ago the Rangers swept a series in Houston. Rockies are playing great right now and have a decent chance at making the postseason. There's a number of teams in the mix with them so it won't be easy but they're playing meaningful games late into August which at this point is all you can hope for. Padres haven't gotten close to a postseason spot in 8 years and haven't played a postseason game in over a decade while still in a current rebuild, it could be a whole lot worse.

Ah the great days of 2010

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess none of the WC teams are really "playoffs contenders" since they all "struggle" to beat bad teams based on their record against teams under .500

right @Duffman ?

All of those teams have either a WS win or at the very least a division title in the last 15 years, the Rockies have neither. So are you asking about how the Rockies have done in team history when it comes to the playoffs and their track record? I didn't think so. The closest team on that list you can compare them too is the Brewers and the Rockies are 2-4 against them this year.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah the great days of 2010
tenor.gif

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure @Duffman once said Todd Helton would have better numbers if he played another team besides the Rockies. Not sure how much I'd value his baseball opinions.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those teams have either a WS win or at the very least a division title in the last 15 years, the Rockies have neither. So are you asking about how the Rockies have done in team history when it comes to the playoffs and their track record? I didn't think so. The closest team on that list you can compare them too is the Brewers and the Rockies are 2-4 against them this year.

No dude, we're saying your team is as much in the playoff hunt this year as any other NL team. You thought they weren't good against bad teams and we showed you the numbers where you're wrong. We're saying knock off the Debbie Downer act and have some fun.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockies have won 10 out of 12, but needing a walkoff homer to win a series against the Padres means the season is over. With that many teams in such close proximity to each other, winning a WC spot won't be easy, but the Rockies have just as good of a chance as anyone, and the division is well within reach as well.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards just went into L.A. and started 3 rookie pictures and swept the Dodgers. They have a tough schedule the rest of the way, but they are in it.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dude, we're saying your team is as much in the playoff hunt this year as any other NL team. You thought they weren't good against bad teams and we showed you the numbers where you're wrong. We're saying knock off the Debbie Downer act and have some fun.

And I’m saying if you actually followed the Rockies like I do you’ll know that 97% of their team history has them either being a terrible team or being close but blowing it the last few months of the season.

It’s just what they do, they fall apart at the end of the season. What I saw today and this series is just what happens. They pretend to hang in there but really they won’t be there at the end because that’s just who they are.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I’m saying if you actually followed the Rockies like I do you’ll know that 97% of their team history has them either being a terrible team or being close but blowing it the last few months of the season.

It’s just what they do, they fall apart at the end of the season. What I saw today and this series is just what happens. They pretend to hang in there but really they won’t be there at the end because that’s just who they are.
So you are not a fan? You knew their history before the season started.
Cubs had a worse history. Astros was pretty bad too. The Brewers should quit now too.
Past history has no relevance to the current season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I tried. "Enjoy" the rest of the season.