• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Goldy signs for about $130 for 5 years starting next year. Cards lock in a stud 1B

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy extension coming

It's kind of interesting to see you let your mouth overload your ass once again since you assured us all here, several times, that Goldschmidt would only be a one year rental for the Cardinals.

Once again, you don't have a clue! Take your meds and get a good nights sleep.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty happy that they locked up Goldy. Feel a bit odd since he hasn't played a real game for the Cards yet.
He seems to be the type of character that fits the Cardinals mold.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of interesting to see you let your mouth overload your ass once again since you assured us all here, several times, that Goldschmidt would only be a one year rental for the Cardinals.

Once again, you don't have a clue! Take your meds and get a good nights sleep.
Holy shit, my prediction was wrong. How horrible.. I am not perfect in my predictions!
Now when I correct some of you dolts on your insipid takes with facts, will you also admit it? Or are you too small to step up and recognize that you were wrong also?
I suspect not...Small penis syndrome with no balls attached.

I take my lumps and accept that I am not infallible. Party on douche bag.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you said this wouldn't happen lost one!
Correct. And yet the world moves on and my life is still complete. The horror of making a prediction and it not coming true. Good for the Cards, hopefully. Goldy got well paid and plenty of years. Hopefully the last few won't be bad.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy gives the Cards a steady power bat in the middle. I think that's the 900-pound gorilla in the NL-C ... if they get decent pitching. I remain skeptical of that, as I do with every other team in the division.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard last night that the Brewers were in discussion with Kimbrel's agent. I have no idea why they are looking for a closer as they have multiple arms that could suffice IMO. Sure with they were targeting Keuchel instead

Talking about that a couple days ago at the watering hole. One guy brought up that if it's a 2-3 year deal, the Brewers might stretch Hader out and have him start.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty happy that they locked up Goldy. Feel a bit odd since he hasn't played a real game for the Cards yet.
He seems to be the type of character that fits the Cardinals mold.

Myles my friend, I'm happy about this too! When the Cardinals signed Goldy for one year they said they were going to work immediately to try to work out an extension for him and they have done just that. Those who know Goldy best speak highly about his character, work ethics, humbleness, and being a team player which are traits that are hard to find.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. And yet the world moves on and my life is still complete. The horror of making a prediction and it not coming true. Good for the Cards, hopefully. Goldy got well paid and plenty of years. Hopefully the last few won't be bad.

Hopefully you are correct this time!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldy gives the Cards a steady power bat in the middle. I think that's the 900-pound gorilla in the NL-C ... if they get decent pitching. I remain skeptical of that, as I do with every other team in the division.

Believe me, I remain skeptical about the Cardinals pitching too!

It seems like we have a lot of Cardinals, Cubs, Brewers, and Pirates fans here but we need more Reds fans to chime in. Don't the Reds have a big fan base in places like Kentucky and West Virginia as well as Ohio? I would certainly think so.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me, I remain skeptical about the Cardinals pitching too!

It seems like we have a lot of Cardinals, Cubs, Brewers, and Pirates fans here but we need more Reds fans to chime in. Don't the Reds have a big fan base in places like Kentucky and West Virginia as well as Ohio? I would certainly think so.
Dunno, I don't live in any of those places, thankfully.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno, I don't live in any of those places, thankfully.

I'm glad I don't live in any of those places either but looking at where Cincinnati is located on a map it appears they are the closest MLB city to several states to draw from. Maybe we just don't have many members here from those states who post much, I don't know. Anyway, I'll say it again, I think your Reds will be competitive in the NL Central this season.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I don't live in any of those places either but looking at where Cincinnati is located on a map it appears they are the closest MLB city to several states to draw from. Maybe we just don't have many members here from those states who post much, I don't know. Anyway, I'll say it again, I think your Reds will be competitive in the NL Central this season.
There are plenty of Reds fans who shadow the boards, not this one as much as SB Nation, which is diverse for its format.

I post on Red Reporters (SB Nation) most of the time.

Every team has a board. Viva El Birdos is the Cardinals one. I recommend that.

Redleg Nation is a pretty good one, but I don't like the guy who ran it (or still does). They have some good writers there.

Most people from the old CBS boards joined when those shut down or just decided it wasn't worth it. CBS revised its format, mostly because what they had was no better than Facebook.

The Hoop was more active a couple of years ago. The Reds board is generally dead now. I don't lament that. There isn't new content there.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of Reds fans who shadow the boards, not this one as much as SB Nation, which is diverse for its format.

I post on Red Reporters (SB Nation) most of the time.

Every team has a board. Viva El Birdos is the Cardinals one. I recommend that.

Redleg Nation is a pretty good one, but I don't like the guy who ran it (or still does). They have some good writers there.

Most people from the old CBS boards joined when those shut down or just decided it wasn't worth it. CBS revised its format, mostly because what they had was no better than Facebook.

The Hoop was more active a couple of years ago. The Reds board is generally dead now. I don't lament that. There isn't new content there.

Thanks for sharing that interesting information.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for sharing that interesting information.
They have their whiners at Red Reporter as well. Most of them just like to bitch at the FO or generally, MLB. A lot of them aren't inclined to like it when somebody disagrees with them but the vitriol is more in the message than the messenger.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have their whiners at Red Reporter as well. Most of them just like to bitch at the FO or generally, MLB. A lot of them aren't inclined to like it when somebody disagrees with them but the vitriol is more in the message than the messenger.

As your cat Al would say, this is just the way it is on social media sites.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates played their last grapefruit game today. Speaking of Cincy, that is where the Pirates are headed.