• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you Cardinals fans. Such jokers. If Fowler is relevant to you teams success, you are in for a world of hurt. See ya on the 28th.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you Cardinals fans. Such jokers. If Fowler is relevant to you teams success, you are in for a world of hurt. See ya on the 28th.
The team was better without him last season. He's hitting .194 so far in spring training as the second highest player on a team with the 9th highest payroll in the league. He needs to at least put up his 2017 production, which still wasn't enough to warrant his salary.
I'm rooting for him. Mostly because of the money invested.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring training numbers are not relevant.
Seriously, they aren't.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team was better without him last season. He's hitting .194 so far in spring training as the second highest player on a team with the 9th highest payroll in the league. He needs to at least put up his 2017 production, which still wasn't enough to warrant his salary.
I'm rooting for him. Mostly because of the money invested.

I totally agree!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, they aren't.
I mostly agree. The only reason it is a bit worrisome is because it matches up with his production from last season. Nothing to be overly concerned about, but when you see a trend, you should take notice. Now if through his first 6weeks, he's hitting .185, will you say the first 6 weeks of the season don't really matter? Or will you start to feel that the trend is continuing.
I'm not saying that they should cut him, I'm just saying that he has not shown anything for 1.5 years and he is the 2nd highest paid player on the team.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly agree. The only reason it is a bit worrisome is because it matches up with his production from last season. Nothing to be overly concerned about, but when you see a trend, you should take notice. Now if through his first 6weeks, he's hitting .185, will you say the first 6 weeks of the season don't really matter? Or will you start to feel that the trend is continuing.
I'm not saying that they should cut him, I'm just saying that he has not shown anything for 1.5 years and he is the 2nd highest paid player on the team.
Why do you care what he gets paid? Did he not "earn" your fee in 2017?

Your OK with the geriatric behind the plate who is owed $40 over these next 2 years?

Do you know how DFLower hit in ST in 2017? Perhaps looking some shit up, instead of spewing nonsense would benefit your points.

If you judged by ST, the Cards offense is a catastrophe and nobody but JMart would be a starting OFer.

If's and butts...works both ways...

yes, he will probably be given every chance in the beginning OF THE SEASON to show his value.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No what I will say is that spring training numbers are irrelevant.
Period. There is no value to even discussing them.
None.

If he hits .185 in regular season, we can have a conversation about the numbers.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you care what he gets paid? Did he not "earn" your fee in 2017?

Your OK with the geriatric behind the plate who is owed $40 over these next 2 years?

You don't feel it is a bigger deal for you 2nd highest paid player to hit .180 than a low paid player? You need your meds.
That "geriatric" may still be the best player on the team. Most valuable anyway.

You should pull Fowlers dick out of your mouth.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't feel it is a bigger deal for you 2nd highest paid player to hit .180 than a low paid player? You need your meds.
That "geriatric" may still be the best player on the team. Most valuable anyway.

You should pull Fowlers dick out of your mouth.

We would never get out of last place if scoutyjones was the GM of the Cardinals!

In fact, as mitz said in a previous post, scouty just disappears when the Cardinals are on a losing streak.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would never get out of last place if scoutyjones was the GM of the Cardinals!

In fact, as mitz said in a previous post, scouty just disappears when the Cardinals are on a losing streak.
LOL...so untrue. Who here feels they'd be a good GM. What have I stated that leads you to that inept conclusion? And when have the Cards been in last place that they'd have to get out of??? So many Morans. That is the best picture of the supposed BFIB. Supposedly knowledgeable but truly just ignorant.

Can't refute the facts, so disparage the poster. Love it!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can we just label this thread

Cardinals fans bicker with each other

and call it even?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can we just label this thread

Cardinals fans bicker with each other

and call it even?

John, Most of us Cardinals fans here get along just fine with each other. Like fans of all teams, there is always someone who thinks they know it all when in fact they know very little.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John, Most of us Cardinals fans here get along just fine with each other. Like fans of all teams, there is always someone who thinks they know it all when in fact they know very little.
Yeah, been there ... done that. The trick is to move on when the conversation doesn't improve. Everyone has an opinion.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason the Moran photo exists and there are perfect examples in this thread.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard last night that the Brewers were in discussion with Kimbrel's agent. I have no idea why they are looking for a closer as they have multiple arms that could suffice IMO. Sure with they were targeting Keuchel instead

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard last night that the Brewers were in discussion with Kimbrel's agent. I have no idea why they are looking for a closer as they have multiple arms that could suffice IMO. Sure with they were targeting Keuchel instead
Knebel and Jeffress to the IL. Anderson to the BP. maybe that's why