• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They usually have a clause saying they can become a free agent if they aren't on the major league roster by a certain date
March 23 is the drop-dead date for him.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am absolutely hoping the same thing!
Who ever comes out of this division might be the best team in the NL. They wont have the best record in the to prove it, bc of the central beating up on each other.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever comes out of this division might be the best team in the NL. They wont have the best record in the to prove it, bc of the central beating up on each other.

Well said because the NL Central always seems to be close and even the Reds should be much improved this coming season.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said because the NL Central always seems to be close and even the Reds should be much improved this coming season.
Its the total opposite of the Al central. :pound:

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call on the reds. Seems like they completely overhauled their roster.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am absolutely hoping the same thing!
With goldschmidt off course you get his numbers, and hes what STL needed in the clubhouse as well. Ive heard nothing but good things about him in that aspect that i was unware of until the trade.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With goldschmidt off course you get his numbers, and hes what STL needed in the clubhouse as well. Ive heard nothing but good things about him in that aspect that i was unware of until the trade.

I agree! Goldschmidt is not only a great player, he is a class act to go along with it. I just hope he continues to put up the same kind of numbers he did in Arizona AND the Cardinals find a way to keep him for more than just one year. I'm still concerned about our middle to late inning relief pitching but hopefully the addition of Miller will strengthen that area too.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree! Goldschmidt is not only a great player, he is a class act to go along with it. I just hope he continues to put up the same kind of numbers he did in Arizona AND the Cardinals find a way to keep him for more than just one year. I'm still concerned about our middle to late inning relief pitching but hopefully the addition of Miller will strengthen that area too.
Same. I applaud the front office, they needed a real bat, but failed in the pitching dep't in the off season...just hope they keep the momentum from after the break last year. Cleaning house when they did wad a great move as well. Now if they would show Dexter "Medoza"Fowler the door I would be a happy camper. Correct me if im wrong but i think he hitting below .200 in spring training this year. If he makes the opening day roster ill be pissed. You cant tell me we dont have someone better somewhere in the Cards organization.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. I applaud the front office, they needed a real bat, but failed in the pitching dep't in the off season...just hope they keep the momentum from after the break last year. Cleaning house when they did wad a great move as well. Now if they would show Dexter "Medoza"Fowler the door I would be a happy camper. Correct me if im wrong but i think he hitting below .200 in spring training this year. If he makes the opening day roster ill be pissed. You cant tell me we dont have someone better somewhere in the Cards organization.

Another good thing about getting Goldschmidt is he gives us great defense at first base and Carpenter can play his normal 3rd base position for the entire season barring injuries. As for Dexter Fowler, he has been a huge disappointment for the Cardinals since he arrived and I will also be disappointed if he makes our opening day roster. I don't follow spring training stats much so I don't know what he is hitting but I know he can't hit during the regular season.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good thing about getting Goldschmidt is he gives us great defense at first base and Carpenter can play his normal 3rd base position for the entire season barring injuries. As for Dexter Fowler, he has been a huge disappointment for the Cardinals since he arrived and I will also be disappointed if he makes our opening day roster. I don't follow spring training stats much so I don't know what he is hitting but I know he can't hit during the regular season.
I dont really either, i just saw it in an article the other day. Saying that i just went and looked and hes hitting a smoking .194 this spring.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, send him home immediately!
Give him back to the Cubbies for free. Cut him, send him down to A ball i dont care just be done with him.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really either, i just saw it in an article the other day. Saying that i just went and looked and hes hitting a smoking .194 this spring.
For reference, Joey Votto has 2 hits this spring and Scott Schebler has an OPS of 1.280. Guess which one is sustainable?

Spring numbers don't mean anything.

Answer to above question is: That's not a good question.