• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realmuto trade talks are a bunch of bored scribes all sitting in Mom's basement gleaning rosters and inventing conversations between GMs. They have gotten wet panties all winter over Harper and Machado. Realmuto is just a slight diversion.

The current Reds roster looks vaguely predicable. Conner Joe is the utility infielder (Rule 5 guy) and will likely hold down that job until Senzel is called up on the Super 2 deal. That's ... what? a few weeks.

I'd guess that Puig and Schebler play CF until then. No clues after that. I guess your guess is as good as mine.

Unless Scooter is dealt and Senzel moves into 2B.

Not so fast my friend. They're getting close.

I thought Barnhart being included was wishful thinking, but booya!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast my friend. They're getting close.

I thought Barnhart being included was wishful thinking, but booya!
It's still rehash to keep the clickbait going. Until they make the trade they will keep hitting the refresh button every day.

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realmuto trade talks are a bunch of bored scribes all sitting in Mom's basement gleaning rosters and inventing conversations between GMs. They have gotten wet panties all winter over Harper and Machado. Realmuto is just a slight diversion.

The current Reds roster looks vaguely predicable. Conner Joe is the utility infielder (Rule 5 guy) and will likely hold down that job until Senzel is called up on the Super 2 deal. That's ... what? a few weeks.

I'd guess that Puig and Schebler play CF until then. No clues after that. I guess your guess is as good as mine.

Unless Scooter is dealt and Senzel moves into 2B.
Ill admit I didnt quite grasp why we were after JT. Hes obviously an upgrade but Tucker is fine. If Trammell is what they say it seems odd we'd want to mortgage his future potential just to upgrade at C. Tucker does need to find his bat this season, he startrd OK last year and just slowly faded all year it seemed.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill admit I didnt quite grasp why we were after JT. Hes obviously an upgrade but Tucker is fine. If Trammell is what they say it seems odd we'd want to mortgage his future potential just to upgrade at C. Tucker does need to find his bat this season, he startrd OK last year and just slowly faded all year it seemed.
I think if they can get Realmuto, sign him to an extension, and only give up TB, India and maybe another guy ... I think they do it. Since the talk isn't going away, it's also the same-old-same-old with the 'talks are heating up' again because it's better than pretending everyone is just going to watch the football game.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refreshing Twitter every day is killing me.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Doubt is now creeping in my head about this Realmuto talk.

I blame you for this @JohnU :lm:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to start the chatter.
Anybody wanna rank the division?

I got 34,929,341 SportsHoopla bucks on the Cardinals winning the division this year.
I like the Cardinals positional depth. There is some potential for dominant pitching but also some potential for some erratic stretches. My early hunch is something like:

1. Cubs
2. Cardinals
3. Brewers
4. Reds
5. Pirates

I think the Reds are the most volatile team in the bunch. I think they could nab a Wild Card but I think they could also finish last.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cardinals positional depth. There is some potential for dominant pitching but also some potential for some erratic stretches. My early hunch is something like:

1. Cubs
2. Cardinals
3. Brewers
4. Reds
5. Pirates

I think the Reds are the most volatile team in the bunch. I think they could nab a Wild Card but I think they could also finish last.

I like your optimistic view since I am optimistic too about our Cardinals. I guess many of us feel this way about our teams right now since all of our teams are undefeated before opening day.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Reds fans!

One of the winter’s biggest storylines has finally drawn to a close, as the Phillies and Marlins have agreed to a deal that will send star catcher J.T. Realmuto to Philadelphia, according to Jim Bowden of The Athletic (Twitter links). A four-player package will go to Miami in return, headlined by young backstop Jorge Alfaro and top pitching prospect Sixto Sanchez. Southpaw Will Stewart is one of the other pieces in the deal. The Marlins also acquire an international signing slot, per ESPN.com’s Jeff Passan (via Twitter).

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Reds fans!

One of the winter’s biggest storylines has finally drawn to a close, as the Phillies and Marlins have agreed to a deal that will send star catcher J.T. Realmuto to Philadelphia, according to Jim Bowden of The Athletic (Twitter links). A four-player package will go to Miami in return, headlined by young backstop Jorge Alfaro and top pitching prospect Sixto Sanchez. Southpaw Will Stewart is one of the other pieces in the deal. The Marlins also acquire an international signing slot, per ESPN.com’s Jeff Passan (via Twitter).

Yeah this is a bummer.

But Barnhart should be good enough to help us maybe get a wild card. Bullpen should still be a priority anyways.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did...LMAO...with the Phillies. Congrats Reds fans...enjoy watching him on the Phillies.
Fish were trying to manipulate the Reds into bidding against themselves. The extortion that the tanking teams use is probably near an end.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is a bummer.

But Barnhart should be good enough to help us maybe get a wild card. Bullpen should still be a priority anyways.
There was no reason to cash the future on a guy who wasn't going to sign anyhow. They have enough rentals but a deep enough farm system. Phils may win the East but Cincy isn't in the East.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no reason to cash the future on a guy who wasn't going to sign anyhow. They have enough rentals but a deep enough farm system. Phils may win the East but Cincy isn't in the East.
Cincy isn't winning the Central, and they are in the Central. Then you have next year to try this all over again with only Sunny Gray left on your roster. Fear not though, the Cards have a handful of important pieces coming due next year also...truly should be a do or die year for the Cards

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy isn't winning the Central, and they are in the Central. Then you have next year to try this all over again with only Sunny Gray left on your roster. Fear not though, the Cards have a handful of important pieces coming due next year also...truly should be a do or die year for the Cards
I don't recall saying the Reds would win anything. They aren't going to be walkovers and that suggests strongly that the rest of the Central is going to have to work harder at it.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is a bummer.

Barnhart is adequate but they aren't gonna win much with him in there every day; Casalli is a 4-A catcher. The Stephenson kid (Tyler) might be a keeper but he's a year off at least.