• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd had to be shown that. I followed baseball too long to be that cocky.

Well, you were shown that just like I have had many things shown to me in life so you are forgiven for sounding cocky two or three weeks into the season.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm not saying that the Brewers are going to run away and hide, but someone had best tell the Cards and Cubs that the season has started."

Maybe you refer to this post? Page 58, #1148 4/2/2019

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked at the run the Cards made in the 2nd half and the Brewers in the last 2 weeks. Equally amazing is how the Cubs stepped on their collective dicks these last 2 weeks...unreal...

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked at the run the Cards made in the 2nd half and the Brewers in the last 2 weeks. Equally amazing is how the Cubs stepped on their collective dicks these last 2 weeks...unreal...

I am astounded how well the Brewers have played the past 2 Septembers. In 2018, 20-7. So far on 2019, 19-4

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am not shocked and astounded about is the NL Central would come down to the last weekend of the season.

What I am shocked and astounded about is that the Cubs will not be a part of the party.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am not shocked and astounded about is the NL Central would come down to the last weekend of the season.

What I am shocked and astounded about is that the Cubs will not be a part of the party.

But the Cubs can still be part of ending the party for a team but we have to wait and see who that team is. Us Brewer fans are keeping fingers crossed for 4 more wins and the Cubs to just win at least one more game before the end of the year. That would create a 1 game playoff for the division winner with the loser going to the 1 game wild card game. Heck maybe the Cubs can play spoiler and win 2 games? After all those losses in a row thy should have 1 win in them yet. Hopefully with a win tomorrow the Brew Crew can be within 1 game

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all honesty, I can only say this once before Monday. Good luck this weekend. Hope we meet on the field sometime in the playoffs. :mo:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Cubs can still be part of ending the party for a team but we have to wait and see who that team is. Us Brewer fans are keeping fingers crossed for 4 more wins and the Cubs to just win at least one more game before the end of the year. That would create a 1 game playoff for the division winner with the loser going to the 1 game wild card game. Heck maybe the Cubs can play spoiler and win 2 games? After all those losses in a row thy should have 1 win in them yet. Hopefully with a win tomorrow the Brew Crew can be within 1 game

What I meant about the Cubs not being in the party is that they will not be in the playoffs.

YES, they could spoil our party big time by showing up to play in St. Louis. I'm just glad we have a day off tomorrow to regroup after a grueling road trip.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, I can only say this once before Monday. Good luck this weekend. Hope we meet on the field sometime in the playoffs. :mo:

Good luck to you too this weekend and it is possible that we will meet again sometime in the playoffs even though it is highly unlikely since the Dodgers, Braves, and Nationals are very good. It's a great time of the year to be a baseball fan.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals had the Bench Brigade taking the field today after the 19 inning marathon.

The youngsters were going pretty well until some of the young arms forgot how to pitch.

Randy Arozarena needs more playing time and give KKKKK Bader some pine time. Randy went 2-4, homered, threw a guy out at 3rd from the out field, stole home and did NOT strike out.

Now 3 more games with Chicago and the magic number is lingering at 3.

Good Luck Brewers, should be one hell of a weekend.......

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals had the Bench Brigade taking the field today after the 19 inning marathon.

The youngsters were going pretty well until some of the young arms forgot how to pitch.

Randy Arozarena needs more playing time and give KKKKK Bader some pine time. Randy went 2-4, homered, threw a guy out at 3rd from the out field, stole home and did NOT strike out.

Now 3 more games with Chicago and the magic number is lingering at 3.

Good Luck Brewers, should be one hell of a weekend.......

I probably cheer harder for Bader than I cheer for any other Cardinals player but with that said, he is a great cheerleader, a great defensive player, has great speed, but he cannot hit at the MLB level yet. Arozarena needs to be our centerfielder everyday starting immediately in my opinion and I hope Schildt sees it that way too after his performance today. For now I think Bader needs to be used as a pinch runner in late game situations at best. Do you agree with me or not?

Go Reds tomorrow and go Rockies all weekend long, and oh by the way, go Cardinals all weekend long too!

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't the nuns tell you about that?

54_hand--roses.jpg

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does counting on the Cubs winning feel like being a homeless man try to pick up a supermodel?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year ago today, I posted this on FB:

"Brewers clinch playoff spot!!! Go Cards beat them damn Cubs!!"

Now the table is turned. Go Cubs beat them damned Cards!!

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewers win!!! 1 game back going into the last weekend. Can't ask for more.

BTW, Happy Retirement to Marty Brennaman

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewers win!!! 1 game back going into the last weekend. Can't ask for more.

BTW, Happy Retirement to Marty Brennaman

Congratulations on beating the Reds two best pitchers in the 3 game sweep. The formula is pretty simple now for both the Cardinals and Brewers.

I echo happy retirement to Marty. He was one of the great announcers, that's for sure.