• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Vikings

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some truth to the bargain bin supporting cast especially in regards to the LG and RG spots that is going to come back to bite this team in the @$$.
Yea, no one saw that coming! Failing to upgrade either of the 2 weakest points on the team will always come back to bite you.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people say that the team without Garoppolo is a 2 win unit, and some people think they're just gonna fill every hole with one draft? It's also pretty difficult to judge some guys over time if they are getting hurt.....some guys aren't worth it (Ward) but I'm still interested in seeing what someone like Joshua Garnett can do on the line.

As Niner Outlaw pointed out, there were a lot of issues during the Vikings game, and they still had a legit chance to tie it up in the 4th quarter. Garoppolo might not be surrounded by Air Coryell or vintage SF teams, but if they keep building the defense to make that the major strength, it's a better route than simply supplying JG tons of offensive weapons and leaving a sieve on the other side of the ball.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lost to Minnesota isn't a shock, but yeah, don't make it worse by losing to the Lions at home.
If they lose to the Lions there is a very good chance they open oh and 4 with KC and the Chargers following on the road.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose to the Lions there is a very good chance they open oh and 4 with KC and the Chargers following on the road.

The Chargers are not that good but playing in KC is tough. If they can't win this coming Sunday then this team is worse than projected

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers are not that good but playing in KC is tough. If they can't win this coming Sunday then this team is worse than projected
The Chargers gave the Chiefs all they could handle Sunday. If not for an incredible effort by that KC receiver L.A. could have won.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Most people say that the team without Garoppolo is a 2 win unit, and some people think they're just gonna fill every hole with one draft? It's also pretty difficult to judge some guys over time if they are getting hurt.....some guys aren't worth it (Ward) but I'm still interested in seeing what someone like Joshua Garnett can do on the line.

As Niner Outlaw pointed out, there were a lot of issues during the Vikings game, and they still had a legit chance to tie it up in the 4th quarter. Garoppolo might not be surrounded by Air Coryell or vintage SF teams, but if they keep building the defense to make that the major strength, it's a better route than simply supplying JG tons of offensive weapons and leaving a sieve on the other side of the ball.

I agree in principle, every year is different and we don't want to be extreme, but i like leaning on D. The reason is every play-off team has a good offense, so you need a good defense to stay in games. This Minnesota game is a good example.

For the offensive side, Garapollo should be good enough to run Shanahan's offense. So that side needs a very good O-line. If the O-line is very good, you don't need the top RB's, WR's, or TE. This isn't saying don't draft or sign skill players, but given a choice of equal value, i'd go linemen.