• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners interested in Darrelle Revis

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets

SI's Peter King has been given very little off-the-record indication the Jets won't trade Darrelle Revis.

All rumors, leaked or otherwise, continue to suggest the Jets are looking to deal Revis with the desperation of a Mark Sanchez pass under pressure. It's possible a move will go down at this week's league meetings. If not, around the draft is the most likely timeframe.
Source: Sports Illustrated

Mar 18 - 9:21 AM

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't stand the Jets, they remind me of that hot girl in high school who nobody likes but yet for some reason they are all we ever here about

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I just for some reason get the feeling we are gonna get Revis. I bet it is with our two(61) this year and a conditional 2/3 next year.. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't someone say we have like $40+ mil in space next year and currently $60+mil the year after? I know we are going to need to resign Kap and many others after this next year, but with that much space, wouldn't we also be in good position to add Revis and let Paraag Mr. Wizard Marathe work his contractual magic?

Also, those expected cap space numbers, are they based off the current cap? Because I think I remember someone saying that the new TV deals kick off next year or the year after and could open up a 10%-15% gain y.o.y. in projected cap number..

Just thoughts.. I hope someone has clearer knowledge of the projected numbers..

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just for some reason get the feeling we are gonna get Revis. I bet it is with our two(61) this year and a conditional 2/3 next year.. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't someone say we have like $40+ mil in space next year and currently $60+mil the year after? I know we are going to need to resign Kap and many others after this next year, but with that much space, wouldn't we also be in good position to add Revis and let Paraag Mr. Wizard Marathe work his contractual magic?

Also, those expected cap space numbers, are they based off the current cap? Because I think I remember someone saying that the new TV deals kick off next year or the year after and could open up a 10%-15% gain y.o.y. in projected cap number..

Just thoughts.. I hope someone has clearer knowledge of the projected numbers..

Around 33 and then around 60. Which all needs to be devoted to re-signing Kaep, Aldon, Lupati, and A Davis. Once those guys are locked you see what can be played with. Otherwise we most likely piss off Kaep and make him play out the rookie deal and then tag him and work on a contract.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Coach Rex Ryan claims the Jets aren't "actively" trying to trade Darrelle Revis.

These transparent, mind-numbing semantics games are getting silly. The Jets have made it very clear that Revis is available for the right price as letting him walk in 2014 for nothing would be counter-productive. Ryan obviously wants to keep Revis as he tries to save his job, but that's not in the interests of the franchise. The Bucs and any other team involved in trade talks can see right through these leverage games being played in the media.
Source: Bart Hubbuch on Twitter

Mar 19 - 11:04 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Broncos executive VP John Elway says the team has "no interest" in trading for Jets CB Darrelle Revis.

"He's under contract with the Jets, but we have no interest in (trading for) Darrelle Revis," Elway said. Elway, of course, is under no obligation to tell the press the truth, but it's a more definitive statement than you will usually get in these kinds of situations. Even if the Broncos wanted to acquire the league's best cornerback, it would be very difficult financially with all the commitments they've doled out for the next two seasons.
Source: Jeff Legwold on Twitter

Mar 19 - 2:19 PM

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs would be completely stupid to give up their 1st round this year.
They seem like they are the only serious bidders so eventually the Jets will have to take what the Bucs offer.

Sure if another team gets in the mix you than consider sweetening the offer but there is 0 reason to outbid yourself when the Jets have 0 leverage.

I disagree. With the additions of Goldson and Revis in their secondary they would be a very formidable team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I disagree. With the additions of Goldson and Revis in their secondary they would be a very formidable team.

Trure, but you still don't over-pay for a player just because he's great.

If the Buccs are offering anything close to the 13th pick for Revis, I would say it's safe to rule out the Niners trading for him. No way would I offer anything close to that.

Ok. There were a million CBs out there, and the Niners got none of 'em. I hope a good one gets cut after the draft (or hits the trading block). But at this point, I say sign Dumervil. Doesn't screw up the comp' pick formula, and he'd help the pass defense more than Nnamdi would (and he's younger & plays a position where he cn excel longer too).

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ESPN New York reports the Jets are in "no rush" to trade Darrelle Revis, and are willing to let the situation play out until after the draft.

Per reporter Rich Cimini, GM John Idzik is "content to wait for 2014 compensation." The apparent thinking is that it would be better to have multiple first-round picks in a draft that's expected to be much richer in QB talent. It's a rare bit of patience and foresight from a Jets team that was often hasty and ill-considered in the final years of the Mike Tannenbaum era. A pre-draft trade is still possible, but someone is going to have to knock the Jets' socks off.
Source: ESPN New York

Mar 19 - 9:58 PM

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but you still don't over-pay for a player just because he's great.
If the Buccs are offering anything close to the 13th pick for Revis, I would say it's safe to rule out the Niners trading for him. No way would I offer anything close to that.

Ok. There were a million CBs out there, and the Niners got none of 'em. I hope a good one gets cut after the draft (or hits the trading block). But at this point, I say sign Dumervil. Doesn't screw up the comp' pick formula, and he'd help the pass defense more than Nnamdi would (and he's younger & plays a position where he cn excel longer too).

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

I doubt they'd get a player of Revis' stature with the 13th pick in the draft if he is fully recovered from his injury. He's the best by far at his position in the league. So its probably not over paying.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they'd get a player of Revis' stature with the 13th pick in the draft if he is fully recovered from his injury. He's the best by far at his position in the league. So its probably not over paying.

Revis was the 14th pick in the 2007 draft, so why is it inconceivable that the Bucs could get a player of that quality with the 13th pick in this draft? With the question marks surrounding Revis, I would rather take the chance of selecting someone at 13 who is younger, way cheaper, and doesn't have as many red flags as Revis.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Sure it is. It would be different if Revis already had a long-term deal in place. But they're gonna have to sign him to a new long-term deal at 12-16 a year in addition to giving up the draft pick(s).

It's not just a matter of the 13th pick's ability VS Revis. It's essentially he 13th pick + a huge FA VS just Revis.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bucs or bust for Revis trade?
March, 20, 2013 7:53AM ET
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

There's a new sheriff in town for the New York Jets, and with that move to general manager John Izdik comes a new level of long-term planning and patience. In an perfect world, Jets fans would see a quick turnaround from their under-talented roster and losing ways, but finances make that unlikely. And with that in mind, Izdik is willing to take his time in order to get the most value for trade chip Darrelle Revis, according to ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini.

"The word I'm getting from the NFL meetings in Phoenix is that Jets GM John Idzik is in no rush to make a trade and that he's willing to let it play out until after the draft," Cimini said. "Why wait?

"The Jets are on a long-term rebuilding plan, and Idzik apparently isn't married to the idea of having immediate draft-pick compensation -- if he decides to move his best player, which is what many expect to happen. He's telling people he'd be content to wait for 2014 compensation, when he could use an extra No. 1 pick (and maybe other picks) to maneuver for a quarterback."

At this time, the only serious suitor for Revis appears to be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a team that has been sending signals that they want to get a deal done quickly or they'll turn their focus to Brent Grimes. Cimini isn't buying that notion:

Rich Cimini
Jets in no rush to make a deal

"Brent Grimes? Does anybody really believe the Bucs expect Grimes to save their league-worst pass defense? He's not even close to a healthy Revis. The way the cornerback market has plunged, the Bucs could sign Grimes and trade for Revis. The Grimes stuff is just a well-placed leak in an attempt to rattle the Jets. League sources believe the Revis camp wants to get this done ASAP. Revis knows the Bucs are willing to pay what he wants on a new contract (or in the neighborhood) and he sees them as a team with potential. He'd also be only a few hours from his home in South Florida. But, really, it's about the money. If the Bucs pull out, will anybody else step up to satisfy Revis? That's the fear for Revis. And, to a lesser extent, the Jets, too."

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

You don't give them the 13th pick of the draft because you would just be outbidding yourself.

It's not about what Revis is worth in straight up value but that you know the Jets have to move him and are auctioning him off to the highest bidder.

Currently as we know the highest and only bidder is the Bucs. So there is no reason for the Bucs to throw in the 13th pick when right now they could keep it and still land Revis since the Jets will have no choice to take the Bucs offer if no one else joins in the bidding.