• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners interested in Darrelle Revis

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Alright.. off the wall here... WHAT IF...

Niners trade Panthers 3rd rounder and 3rd rounder next year for Revis, resign him for 4 yrs, 54mil..

trade up and draft Desmond Trufant using our first and second round pick and our fourth round pick next year.

Still leaves us with #34, #90-something, and the comp pick hopefully at the end of the 3rd..

#34 I'd LOVE to get Datone Jones, but I don't think he would be available at this point.
#90-something Shamarko Thomas
#comp-Marcus Lattimore

Revis gets his money, closer to the 16mil per yr than the 10mil per yr.. Gets us a corner to take over near the end of Revis' contract..Hopefully we can actually frontload it so that it wouldn't long term hurt our effects of re-signing most of our top talent in the next couple years.

Just a what if

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Alright.. off the wall here... WHAT IF...

Niners trade Panthers 3rd rounder and 3rd rounder next year for Revis, resign him for 4 yrs, 54mil..

trade up and draft Desmond Trufant using our first and second round pick and our fourth round pick next year.

1. It would probably take more than that to trade for Revis. It would probably take the 31st pick or cloe to it.

2. Revis would never sign for 4 years 54 million. It would probably be about 60 million.

I wouldn't trade up for Trufant either. Dude's tackling is downright bad.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I bet he would sign for that on our team. Just pure wishful thinking. And I bet that normally two thirds wouldn't get it done, he is coming of a torn ACL and the Jets basically have no leverage because they cannot franchise him so they are forced to get rid of him with no compensation.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And yea, it wouldn't necessarily be the best fiscal policy in the short term, but if he is on our team for three seasons, I give us two of those super bowls.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think its the Jets trying to stir the market up.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying that the Jets have an offer on the table for Revis. I think they are trying to draw teams in.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bucs have been mentioned as a Revis spot. So I would think it is them. Takes them possibly off the market for Sean Smith.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sounds like a report to drum up interest in the Revis trade market.

If the Jets had a good offer on the table I don't see why they haven't allowed the team to talk to Revis and his agent to start hammering out a deal.

Reeks of "let's leak we have a good offer in the hopes to spook a team into the hunt".

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manish Mehta:

I'm told Jets prefer to trade Revis to NFC team. Would like to get it done in coming days if price is right. (1st-rder isn't a lock)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorting through the Revis rumors
March, 12, 2013 11:09AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

For some time now, there have been reports that the New York Jets are on the verge of trading Darrelle Revis, only for nothing to be transacted, and those rumors fading into the ether. Contrast that with what we'd heard regarding Percy Harvin and Anquan Boldin trades -- as in, nothing prior to those deals going down -- and one gets a sense that there is an ulterior motive behind some of these postings. Nevertheless, in light of providing a glimpse into everything that's out there, we note that over the weekend, reports about Revis got loud again, a crescendo that peaked on Monday night and into Tuesday morning.

Monday evening, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reported via a source that the Jets have already been offered something for Revis, and that the offer is a "good" one, based on what the Jets would get in the trade and what Revis would get in terms of a new deal with the new mystery team. Monday morning, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported via his sources that the Jets are poised to make a move sooner rather than later, and possibly as soon as Tuesday. It's believed by some that the Jets prefer to trade Revis to an NFC team, with rumored destinations including Atlanta, Philadelphia and Tampa Bay.

"I think [the Jets are] going to move Revis," one source familiar with the situation told the scribe. "Bet it. If he isn't traded by tomorrow, [GM John] Idzik is an idiot. One buyer might dry out. He has to move him. The risk of keeping him kills the franchise for five years and Idzik is gone."

Perhaps, but this isn't just any CB we're talking about. When healthy, Revis is the best in the business, and trading him now -- when other teams don't know whether he's healthy -- would be a mistake. Sure, teams may be able to sign other CB options in the coming days, but none of them is as good as Revis, and once he's shown that he's back to his old form, the Jets could demand quite a bit more from interested parties. If it's a long-term rebuild underway -- as has been suggested -- then dealing him before the 2013 draft isn't a necessity.

We checked with ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini for the latest on the Revis rumors, and he had this to say:

Rich Cimini
Separating fact from fiction on Revis

"The Jets are showing zero interest in signing Darrelle Revis to a long-term extension, according to sources, and they're shopping him around the league. Put the two together and what does that equal? Trade. It's just a matter of when, and which team. You'd have to think Revis' camp wants a quick resolution because, starting at 4 p.m., teams will be spending millions on free-agent cornerbacks -- and Revis doesn't want to be left in the cold. He wants his. Not coincidentally, reports have surfaced that the Jets are on the verge of trading their best player. It smacks of Revis' agents trying to drive the market. Publicly, the Jets say their No. 1 priority is to make sure Revis returns healthy from his knee surgery. Are they double talking? Everybody double talks at this time of year. Once the smoke clears, it'll be splitsville for Revis and the Jets."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its the Jets trying to stir the market up.
I'm not buying that the Jets have an offer on the table for Revis. I think they are trying to draw teams in.
Sounds like a report to drum up interest in the Revis trade market.

If the Jets had a good offer on the table I don't see why they haven't allowed the team to talk to Revis and his agent to start hammering out a deal.

Reeks of "let's leak we have a good offer in the hopes to spook a team into the hunt".

That worked for us in the Smith trade, so why not? I actually don't know if we did put that out there or if it came out otherwise. Regardless, KC did give out an amount that suggests they were interested anyway (real) and the leak just got more people as opposed to starting the interest - which would be the point of us letting teams know if we did.

Maybe KC gets drawn in more? (I heard they were interested or should be, per Williamson on the AFC West Blog of ESPN.)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Skip Bayless:

If I'm the 49ers, I still go after Revis, offering my 1, 2 2s and 2 3s. Get Revis, game over.

Once you get done laughing at that, ponder this. In the last two weeks or so he even went as far to say that he'd give all 12 picks the 49ers could trade this year to the Jets for Revis. Whether or not he actually thinks that's what it'd take to land Revis is an unknown.

For those who are unaware, Bayless has always been one of those guys in the media that generally doesn't value picks all that highly when there's a name out there he has a crush on.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He should dress up in a clown outfit right before he says these things.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Bayless:

If I'm the 49ers, I still go after Revis, offering my 1, 2 2s and 2 3s. Get Revis, game over.

Once you get done laughing at that, ponder this. In the last two weeks or so he even went as far to say that he'd give all 12 picks the 49ers could trade this year to the Jets for Revis. Whether or not he actually thinks that's what it'd take to land Revis is an unknown.

For those who are unaware, Bayless has always been one of those guys in the media that generally doesn't value picks all that highly when there's a name out there he has a crush on.

LOL, ya no thanks Skip. The last thing anyone associated with the 49ers wants to do is be on the wrong side of a Hershel Walker/Ricky Williams type of trade. Which is exactly what this trade has the potential to be with uncertainty surrounding Revis knee and his desire to be the highest paid player in the NFL every season.