• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners interested in Darrelle Revis

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would do our 2nd this year and next year if we signed him to a extension for 12 mill a year with clauses for his knee. But I don't think that will happen

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Bayless:

If I'm the 49ers, I still go after Revis, offering my 1, 2 2s and 2 3s. Get Revis, game over.

Once you get done laughing at that, ponder this. In the last two weeks or so he even went as far to say that he'd give all 12 picks the 49ers could trade this year to the Jets for Revis. Whether or not he actually thinks that's what it'd take to land Revis is an unknown.

For those who are unaware, Bayless has always been one of those guys in the media that generally doesn't value picks all that highly when there's a name out there he has a crush on.

It's fascinating how ridiculous his comments have become in order to generate traffic.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bucs doesn't surprise me since the easily have the cap space and the definite need for a CB.

People say the market might dry up with the Jets which is true but it also might get more competitive because a team that loses out in free agency might be more willing to look into Revis.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

The Revis derby isn't limited to one team. Several have had trade talks, including the Eagles and Bucs, and NYJ highly motivated to move him

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason Cole:

Can confirm Tampa Bay is possible landing spot for Revis. SF, ATL, DET also in mix. Miami would love to get him, but Jets won't allow that.

Tim McManus:

League source says no merit to report that Eagles are in the mix for Revis.

Last edited by a moderator:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What if we traded our first for him and then traded him to Mia for their first..

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Cole:

Can confirm Tampa Bay is possible landing spot for Revis. SF, ATL, DET also in mix. Miami would love to get him, but Jets won't allow that.

Tim McManus:

League source says no merit to report that Eagles are in the mix for Revis.

Hmm

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Niners seriously need to make this happen. He's the single biggest potential positional upgrade out there except Mike Wallace over Randy Moss.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFT:

Per source with knowledge, CB Darrelle Revis has still heard nothing from the Jets, even with Bucs making trade offer.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff McLane:

I'm hearing CB Darelle Revis will be traded to the Bucs. Details just need to be ironed out.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff McLane:

I'm hearing CB Darelle Revis will be traded to the Bucs. Details just need to be ironed out.

Ian Rapoport:

Saw the report of a Revis to Bucs and a trade being worked out. Told that's not true at this point.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

Saw the report of a Revis to Bucs and a trade being worked out. Told that's not true at this point.

Ian Rapoport:

Asked another Bucs source if a trade is being worked out for Revis: "No. I don't know where it is headed."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Latest Revis buzz
March, 13, 2013 7:53AM ET
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com reported late Tuesday that the New York Jets have been talking to a couple of teams about shipping Darrelle Revis out of the Big Apple.

"The Jets have engaged in trade talks with at least two teams," Cimini wrote, "including the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to league sources.

"It's unclear if the discussions are serious -- no trade appears imminent -- but the fact the Jets are talking to teams suggests Revis' days in New York could be numbered. Revis receives a $1 million roster bonus if he's still with the Jets on Saturday.

"The Jets haven't granted permission to Revis' agents to speak with other teams, sources said -- but that step likely wouldn't occur until the Jets have agreed to trade compensation with another team."

Cimini notes that since the club hasn't reached out to Revis' agents about an extension, and since they reworked Antonio Cromartie's contract, rather than trade him, that may signal that the Jets already have made the decision that they will eventually trade Revis.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My personal gut feeling is we're the mystery team but Plan A for us is still Sean Smith and Revis is Plan B.

So I believe the Jets are waiting to see what happens between Sean Smith and us because if we fail to land Smith we'll focus our attention to Revis which means the Jets can leverage the Bucs for a better deal and vice versa.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My personal gut feeling is we're the mystery team but Plan A for us is still Sean Smith and Revis is Plan B.

So I believe the Jets are waiting to see what happens between Sean Smith and us because if we fail to land Smith we'll focus our attention to Revis which means the Jets can leverage the Bucs for a better deal and vice versa.

I've got the same gut feeling - hopefully we'll know more as the day progresses (and whether Smith is on a jet to somewhere).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets

Per a clause in his contract, Darrelle Revis earned a $1 million roster bonus Saturday.

The only way for the Jets to have avoided the bonus was to cut or trade him before Saturday. That didn't happen, so Revis will collect the money regardless of what team he's with in 2013, and the money does count against the Jets' salary cap. Revis also has a $1 million workout bonus (late June) and a $1 million reporting bonus (late July) in his contract.
Source: ESPN New York

Mar 16 - 10:56 AM