• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners don't have anyone to cover Percy

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm gonna be totally honest with this one. The 49ers don't have anyone who can cover Percy Harvin. Period.

This is gonna be anyone's game, but I can't realistically like the 49ers' chances if Harvin is healthy & playing.

So the question is will Harvin be able to go on Sunday? Or will he have to wait 'til all the tweetie birds circling around his head fly away?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're scared of Glass Joe? Really?

Not if he's broken in little pieces. No.

If he's healthy (big if) and playing there isn't anyone on the Niners' roster who can cover him one on one. And with all the attention being paid to Lynch they can't afford to keep a safety over him all game.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M_Advil_Pain_Boxes.jpg

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he's broken in little pieces. No.

If he's healthy (big if) and playing there isn't anyone on the Niners' roster who can cover him one on one. And with all the attention being paid to Lynch they can't afford to keep a safety over him all game.

We have a front 7 that can pay attention to Lynch/Wilson while the secondary can focus on the WRs/TEs

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin has a concussion. But the Seahawks have announced that no NFL doctor with a California address will be allowed to examine him before the game next Sunday

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna be totally honest with this one. The 49ers don't have anyone who can cover Percy Harvin. Period.

This is gonna be anyone's game, but I can't realistically like the 49ers' chances if Harvin is healthy & playing.

So the question is will Harvin be able to go on Sunday? Or will he have to wait 'til all the tweetie birds circling around his head fly away?

Harvin has done something to anger the football gods. I don't think he plays Sunday.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about him. He has proven once again he can't stay on the field, which makes me laugh. He wasn't making a ton of impact when he did play either. He is really rusty. If he was fully healthy and in game shape I might think differently.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about him. He has proven once again he can't stay on the field, which makes me laugh. He wasn't making a ton of impact when he did play either. He is really rusty. If he was fully healthy and in game shape I might think differently.

Has Harvin mattered in an NFL game ever?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Has Harvin mattered in an NFL game ever?

Yes. Returning kicks.

I think the single biggest reason the Niners aren't as dominant as they were last year is because of the single most under-appreciated 49er in years leaving: Ted Ginn Jr. People even said he was a worse WR than Kyle Williams (I win that pissing contest by the way). A great KR is a huge factor.

Harvin is easily one of the best kick returners in the NFL if he's healthy (again big if). And I wouldn't be comfortable with any of the Niners' CBs covering him without safety help.

I'm hoping Harvin doesn't play and the Niners sign Trindon Holliday in the offseason. KR is the 2nd-biggest need on the team this offseason.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Returning kicks.

I think the single biggest reason the Niners aren't as dominant as they were last year is because of the single most under-appreciated 49er in years leaving: Ted Ginn Jr. People even said he was a worse WR than Kyle Williams (I win that pissing contest by the way). A great KR is a huge factor.

Harvin is easily one of the best kick returners in the NFL if he's healthy (again big if). And I wouldn't be comfortable with any of the Niners' CBs covering him without safety help.

I'm hoping Harvin doesn't play and the Niners sign Trindon Holliday in the offseason. KR is the 2nd-biggest need on the team this offseason.

I still think that Williams could have been an asset, had he been used in the slot. But I didn't think the return game would suffer so much without Ginn. We need a return man that can also play consistently aside from returning kicks.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Returning kicks.

I don't agree with this. He returns kicks. That's it.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that Williams could have been an asset, had he been used in the slot. But I didn't think the return game would suffer so much without Ginn. We need a return man that can also play consistently aside from returning kicks.

This is why Odell Beckham Jr would be excellent value in the 2nd. Brandin Cooks as well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't agree with this. He returns kicks. That's it.

Who? Ginn?

Ginn was also really good in certain offensive packages IMO. I argued this point when he was in SF, but people here said he was useless. They were wrong.

The Niners rely on clock control and field position. If Ginn were still on the team they would probably get an extra 5 yards or so per drive starting.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, when he was in the game against the Saints he had a nice game and the next play I think Lynch had a great run. I think it's a lot more difficult if he's in the game, he can jump start their offense.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He retore his hymen, out for the remainder if the playoffs.