• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners don't have anyone to cover Percy

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Ginn's ST game as much as anybody but here is the average starting field position for the 49ers the past 3 years with Ginn's kick returns in 2012 and 2011 (and their NFL ranking):

2013 - 23.32 (8th) - w/o Ginn
2012 - 23.74 (5th) - w/Ginn
2011 - 22.52 (12th) - w/Ginn

Where I really miss Ginn is on PRs, though. I don't have any detailed numbers on those.

Who knew he could actually play the wide receiver position as well?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who knew he could actually play the wide receiver position as well?

Who knew he could do what he did this year in Carolina? Me, others I follow, quite a few people actually. Although, as big of a fan as I am of him, at times it feels like some 49ers fans I speak to are doing the typical fan thing and going too crazy over his game for whatever reasons.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew he could do what he did this year in Carolina? Me, others I follow, quite a few people actually. Although, as big of a fan as I am of him, at times it feels like some 49ers fans I speak to are doing the typical fan thing and going too crazy over his game for whatever reasons.

Why was he so terrible in San Francisco if he could do it in Carolina?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why was he so terrible in San Francisco if he could do it in Carolina?

He was healthier than he had been in a long time, was in a system that was better for his make-up, and had at least two other players around him (Smith and LaFell) that were better fits schematically to pair with his skill set.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was healthier than he had been in a long time, was in a system that was better for his make-up, and had at least two other players around him (Smith and LaFell) that were better fits schematically to pair with his skill set.

He seemed helpless out there with the 49ers except for the return game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, if Harvin plays the Niners better make sure not to hurt him! I want him back in Seattle next season eating up that cap space. He's only going to get worse over time, and all the Niners need to do is go after a big-name CB to make sure they have someone to cover him in the rare instances when he's healthy (not to mention Larry Fitzgerald).

At this point, however, the Niners don't have anyone who can keep up with the guy IMO.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, if Harvin plays the Niners better make sure not to hurt him! I want him back in Seattle next season eating up that cap space. He's only going to get worse over time, and all the Niners need to do is go after a big-name CB to make sure they have someone to cover him in the rare instances when he's healthy (not to mention Larry Fitzgerald).

At this point, however, the Niners don't have anyone who can keep up with the guy IMO.

Percy didn't practice today and John Clayton was on the radio here saying it really wasn't looking good for him to be able to play on Sunday. Mainly because if they're not even letting him try to practice until Thursday, then that's not hopeful, he should have been out on the field earlier to get evaluated if there was a better chance.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speed wise you are probably right but the only thing that needs to happen is Hitner to lay one on him and he'll be out until the middle of next season.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Percy Harvin - WR - Seahawks

Percy Harvin (concussion) was held out of Wednesday's practice.

Instead, he met with doctors. The Seahawks haven't offered much of an update on Harvin's status, suggesting there's a real chance he misses Sunday's NFC Championship Game. He should be considered no better than 50-50 to suit up. Harvin's status will be updated Thursday.
Source: John Boyle on Twitter

Jan 15 - 3:39 PM

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per a league source, Harvin engaged in baseline testing on Monday, which involves comparing his current cognitive abilities to prior measurements taken at a time when he was not concussed.

So you're saying it's a pretty low bar for cognitive ability.

I'm reading the italicized and formulating your exact post. Cheers.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love this post. Here's a llama...

:llama:

Here's another one...

:llama:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin So over rated. I remember when seattle fans going crazy when they got him. I never saw anything that made me think it was a great move. He is a little above Avg WR. I think Tate is better then him. I would take Crabtree and Boldin over him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Ray and Clyde start banning Seahawks fans, or are they just not here anymore?

I hope not. That would be as bad as not allowing people with a California address to buy tickets to the game.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Ray and Clyde start banning Seahawks fans, or are they just not here anymore?

They've whined in the past that Ray and Clyde were banning them "for no reason at all, I only came over to talk football!" Which is bs, for the most part. I think they just started to stay away.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody will have to worry about covering Harvin since he will most likely be doing what he does best...

Riding the pine...:rollseyes:

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how Seattle front office can get suckered into taking a high maintenance injured player and paying him 25.5 million guaranteed.