• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners at Eagles...why not start?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*You’re
As in “hey, you’re a black hockey player. Watch out for bananas raining down upon you in Beantown”

Or

“If you’re black you better have thick skin if you want to play centerfield in Fenway.”
So far I have ignored you being the grammar police. Seems still a good idea.
WTF are you talking about black skin to me?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat a Dallas team that would have thumped your ass

What sense does that make? Eagles ebat them in Philly when Cowboys were playing their better QB. Cowboys then barely beat the Eagles in Dallas in a game with the Eagles backup and several key players missing in a game the Eagles didn't really need.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember last year the Saints came into Philadelphia with what at the time was the #1 ranked rushing defense. Eagles ran for 242 yards on the way to 40 points.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will not be a close game.

The Cowboys defense exposed the 49ers offense. Not one TD from Purdy. And now he is playing a team with 15 more sacks than the Boys.
And I'm willing to bet the Eagles offense will have no trouble against this 49's D.

I was rooting for the Cowboys to beat the Bucs last weekend because of what you cite. I felt like Quinn was better suited to come up with a sort of blue print to employ against the Niners. I hope Gannon was paying attention. I saw a mix of man free and cover 3 (it’s much more complicated at the NFL level). I don’t have stats in front of me but it felt like the Cowboys played more man than they usually do. The Eagles should employ a similar attack. TJ Edwards and Kyzier White aren’t going to hold up in zone vs CMC Kittle Deebo. It makes more sense to play more man employing a robber in the middle third vs the Niners than the zone Gannon has liked to play. I still feel like the Eagles can pressure with 4. I especially feel that why watching the Cowboys be effective playing coverage and only rushing 4. Purdy was under duress most of the day.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat a Dallas team that would have thumped your ass
Would they? Tough projection to make. Before you can even assess the matchup you have to create a path where an underachieving franchise actually punches a ticket to make it to an NFC championship game. That hasn’t happened since Bill Clinton was in the White House.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles obviously present some special challenges to run defenses because of Hurts, and because of their offensive line, which is arguably the best in the league right now. It's hard to stop the Philly run offense, and the passing off of that run offense, when it's clicking.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember last year the Saints came into Philadelphia with what at the time was the #1 ranked rushing defense. Eagles ran for 242 yards on the way to 40 points.
Yep. People can get up on the white board all day long and talk stopping the run in the NFL. But it’s a different story when you have to account for QB keep on every mesh. It’s an even different circumstance when that QB is actually a QB and not Lamar Jackson.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles obviously present some special challenges to run defenses because of Hurts, and because of their offensive line, which is arguably the best in the league right now. It's hard to stop the Philly run offense, and the passing off of that run offense, when it's clicking.
My thing is this: the defense can’t take away all of it. They have to make a choice in terms of what they take away. The best way for the defense to come into that is with multiplicity and playing tendencies ready to take away all aspects at different times. That’s why I said Hurts eyes and mind are the most important pieces of his game this week. He has to do good work pre-snap to get them in the right stuff to take advantage of what the defense gives them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers are always a key metric in football, especially big games. At the same time, it may be even larger this week. I heard a stat on the radio that when the Niners defense forces zero or 1 turnover, the Niners offense averages 20 points a game. When the Niners defense generates 2 or more turnovers, they average 30 points a game. The Niners offense really leans on what field position the defense can generate for them. Hurts and the Eagles absolutely positively need to protect the football.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers are always a key metric in football, especially big games. At the same time, it may be even larger this week. I heard a stat on the radio that when the Niners defense forces zero or 1 turnover, the Niners offense averages 20 points a game. When the Niners defense generates 2 or more turnovers, they average 30 points a game. The Niners offense really leans on what field position the defense can generate for them. Hurts and the Eagles absolutely positively need to protect the football.
Interesting stats I didn't know about the Niners. Not so much the offense but ST's play is what makes me nervous.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stats I didn't know about the Niners. Not so much the offense but ST's play is what makes me nervous.
I’m not gonna speak it into existence with Covey but….
I don’t like the coverage units, especially the kick off coverage group. They’ve been better of late but I have PTSD.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy was under duress a lot in that game and it caused him to have a pedestrian performance.
Now it's a better pass rush ....and in a hostile environmental.

What defensive position does purdy play again?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What defensive position does purdy play again?
I believe he plays the 3 tech but sometimes they move him into a 2 I so they can use the matchup to beat up on the guard so he can’t work up to the next level.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he plays the 3 tech but sometimes they move him into a 2 I so they can use the matchup to beat up on the guard so he can’t work up to the next level.
Plus, he doesn't have the arm strength to hit those threes consistently but he is accurate in the short to mid range.