• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners at Eagles...why not start?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Niners defense can hold the Eagles to say 20-21 points. Can they score 23-24? Harder to say.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd give the Eagles the edge as they are playing at home and I do think they are slightly better than the 9ers.

But it's still arguably the 2 most talented rosters in the NFL going at it so the 9ers are perfectly capable of winning it.

From a 9ers fan perspective comparing the Eagles to the Cowboys I'd say in some ways it's a better matchup for the 9ers and some ways it's worse.

The Eagles are a better pass defense team compared to the Cowboys but not as good run defense and the 9ers would rather play the defense with a weaker run defense than pass defense.

But defensively the 9ers are facing a better offensive line and a mobile QB which they tend to struggle against. Though I'm sure lane integrity and making sure Hurts doesn't run free on them is going to be drilled into their heads all week leading up to the game. They haven't been great at defending the deep pass so I would expect Hurts to take some shots and have some success with them. But the 9ers have a great run defense so I don't expect the Eagles to just run free all over the place either.

I suspect the Eagles win a close one but I wouldn't fall out of my chair in shock if either team blew each other out as I could see either team getting a little early momentum and turning it into a steamroll.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing that worries me about the Niners is what I’ll call the Redskins blueprint. The Redskins went and possessed the ball for some 38+ minutes. The Eagles turned the ball over 4 times. The Redskins committed to the run even if it meant a number of 2-3 yard gains and then they made plays on 3rd down with McLaurin. Well, the Niners are probably the best team in the league to employ this attack. They can bang and pound with CMC and E Mitchell. Then on third down they have 4 guys that can make plays in Deebo Kittle CMC and Ayiuk. They also have a much better defense than the Redskins. Much of that game was self induced errors from the Eagles but even without Eagles errors the Niners are good enough to make that work.

^^^That’s as negative as I’m going to be all week because I honestly think this whole season has been about what the Eagles do more so than the opponent. Watching that effort on the weekend gives me faith that the team I’ve seen all year that got sidetracked not handling the resting and managing vanilla game plans was just a blip on the radar.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be a really compelling NFC title game. From Philly's perspective, I feel the Philly defense has to rise up in this one and limit the Niners to 3 TDs or less.

If they can do that, as @Jikkle kind of suggested, I think that's the potential sweet spot for Philly to outscore them barely and win. I don't think the Eagles will score a ton of points against the Niners, so I think whichever defense does the best job of limiting the other side to 3 rather than 7 likely wins this one, and I think we know Philly's offense will be challenged, so it is up to the defense to match the intensity of the Niners D and keep the score lower.

I think the Philly D is a fairly complete unit top to bottom that's probably as good as any the Niners have faced, but of course the Niners D is elite, so it should be interesting.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Niners defense can hold the Eagles to say 20-21 points. Can they score 23-24? Harder to say.
For sure, a low scoring affair would favor the Niners.

I think it's boom or bust for the Eagles offense.
They struggled with Indy and maybe Arizona, but other than that, they've put up pointz.

Interesting to find out if run blitzing can stop the Eagles running attack.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Eagles win it'll be because Hurts relies on his arm instead of his legs. The Niners will be playing the run all day long and their secondary is not a strong point.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Eagles win it'll be because Hurts relies on his arm instead of his legs. The Niners will be playing the run all day long and their secondary is not a strong point.
What makes the Eagles tough is their ability to do both. In order for the Eagles to have success vs a great defense, they need to put them in binds by breaking tendencies and being perfect pre snap to get them into something that takes advantage of what the defense gives them. The Eagles need Hurts arm and his legs but most importantly they need his eyes and his head to observe and process and get them in good stuff.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8A2A1A97-3C37-41DF-8129-E95043C28F4F.png

A little early to project the weather but here’s the preliminary report for Sunday.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are just flatout better. As long as the coaches on both sides of the ball out together a good gameplan then Eagles win it.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles had it too easy this week. Worrisome.

(yes, there's such a thing as too easy).

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key is gonna be whether the eagles can run it. If they can they should take this

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line has changed again. Now it’s Eagles -3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners have the defense to at least contain the Eagles somewhat, but Purdy definitely needs to play better. He actually improved as last night's game wore on, but he'll need to play like that right out of the gate or it could be a long day in Philly.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with all this fluff?
Let's get some shit started here!

I think both fan bases recognize the opposing team is pretty good, so we're going to be boring compared with, say, a Philly-Dallas matchup.

I have no animosity towards the Niners or their fan base, historically speaking. And I like the way the Niners play physical ball. I do think Philly can run the ball against most anyone and it will be strength against strength in this game, so it will be a tough one.