• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niner HOFers

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching a video someone posted with the guys (Lott, Montana, Rice, Craig, Clark) it got me thinking.

Do you guys think anyone on the team will end up in the HOF?

I mean if Patrick Willis were to keep up his level of play he will be in there for sure. What about some other guys? If the 49ers were to win a Superbowl say this year, do you think Frank Gore would have a shot if he had 2 more 1000 yard seasons? Andy Lee? What about Vernon Davis if the offense opens up and he starts to put up numbers he is capable of putting up?

I know there are a million different scenarios but I was just throwing it out there. I'm not talking about Aldon Smith or anything though, because he has only played one year and we have no idea how consistent he will be. Guys who have been good for a while.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gore would really have to do well the next couple of years. He is 28 going to be 29 in may. If he can stay healthy and get a few more 1,000 yarders maybe. He might be short on TDs though. But I doubt he ever gets in.

Willis will be a shoe in if he keeps it up.

What about Aldon? I know he is a rookie, but 14 sacks part time. If he can get coverage down, and keeps progressing as a pass rusher, do you think he has a chance?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Smith, PWill, and Gore have the best shots so far IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Aldon? I know he is a rookie, but 14 sacks part time. If he can get coverage down, and keeps progressing as a pass rusher, do you think he has a chance?

I mean, we only have this season to go off of, so if he played like this year in and year out he would be in for sure, one of the best of all time. But it's so hard to judge off of a great rookie season. Willis has been getting better every year, so we have a larger sample size to judge by. Aldon just has part time one season, although it was one hell of a season.

That's why I threw that Superbowl in there. Your numbers look a lot better with a Superbowl win, so Gore would be helped by that. Half the Steelers on the offensive side of the ball wouldn't even sniff the HOF if it weren't for their Superbowl wins. My thoughts with Gore and Steven Jackson, they would be considered a couple of the best backs of a generation if they were on good teams. So maybe he gets some help by that?? Gore has been on some of the worst offenses, in terms of talent level, in a long time combined with bad coaching and an unstable organization. I doubt he will get in, but I think talent wise he is good enough to be in there.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he gets in?? If he gets in I would have to think Bryant Young should also be in there. Both guys are way underrated, and make more of an impact than numbers can measure.

Yea i think he gets in, dude is relentless. That game started streak he is riding right now at his position is amazing!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Vernon has an outside shot -

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Vernon ever gets in and Gore doesn't, there is something seriously wrong with the system. Don't get me wrong - VD's a very good TE. But he's not a HOF caliber. Absolutely not.

Gore is a fringe guy who probably won't get in based on numbers but has a solid case.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Justin Smith is getting some serious recognition this year it validates all those years where he was under-rated and swept under the rug.

If he keeps up and is named All Pro in the next three or four seasons he should really get the nod.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Vernon ever gets in and Gore doesn't, there is something seriously wrong with the system. Don't get me wrong - VD's a very good TE. But he's not a HOF caliber. Absolutely not.

Gore is a fringe guy who probably won't get in based on numbers but has a solid case.

My thoughts on Vernon were based on a 15 year career - I probably should have stipulated that... my bad

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vernon Davis in my opinion easily has the ability to make the hall of fame. Skill wise he is easily one of the best TEs in the game. But with his situation that he has hear with the 49ers he doesn't have the ability to show it. If he was somewhere else where the ball was passed more and he had a better QB I bet he could put up 10tds and 1000 yards regularly.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vernon has an outside shot -

Not unless he starts putting up better numbers than Gronkowski. In two years Gronk has 27 TDs, Vernon Davis has 35 in 6 years. The voters don't care that he has Tom Brady throwing him the ball. Think of it this way, Jerry Rice was so dominant that his play is keeping guys like Tim Brown and Cris Carter out of the hall of fame...

It seems like Gronk is going to shut the door on Vernon Davis.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not unless he starts putting up better numbers than Gronkowski. In two years Gronk has 27 TDs, Vernon Davis has 35 in 6 years. The voters don't care that he has Tom Brady throwing him the ball. Think of it this way, Jerry Rice was so dominant that his play is keeping guys like Tim Brown and Cris Carter out of the hall of fame...

It seems like Gronk is going to shut the door on Vernon Davis.

I could not agree more...I looked at Gronks and Tony's #'s before I made my post and my thought was that by the time Davis is eligible Gronk could raise the bar so far past Vernon that he [Vernon] becomes an afterthought.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, Patrick Willis is probably the only guy who is likely a lock for the HOF if he keeps this level of play up at a minimum. Although, Justin Smith is getting a lot of love recently, it probably isn't enough since he was lost on the Bengals for so long. If Justin Smith dominates like this for the next 4 or 5 years, making All-Pro lists.. he'd probably have a better shot at getting into the HOF. Since these guys are so fickle, with their what have you done for me lately attitude.

I don't think Frank Gore has a prayer, unless he straps the 49ers onto his back and runs them straight to their 6th and 7th Lombardi. That is basically the only reason Bettis gets strong consideration for the HOF, because he carried the Steelers to a Championship... and Frank would need to do it twice to overcome his shortcomings of regular season stats and individual honors.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not agree more...I looked at Gronks and Tony's #'s before I made my post and my thought was that by the time Davis is eligible Gronk could raise the bar so far past Vernon that he [Vernon] becomes an afterthought.

If Gronk keeps it up, Vernon can forget about it... unless this really does turn into the TE friendly offense we were promised, and he starts getting 15 TDs a year. I'll still hope for that, but not until they fix their redzone issues.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Gronk keeps it up, Vernon can forget about it... unless this really does turn into the TE friendly offense we were promised, and he starts getting 15 TDs a year. I'll still hope for that, but not until they fix their redzone issues.

One of the wildcards for Vernon is rings - 13-15 years, 10,000+Yds/85+TDs and a couple rings and I think he's in.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the wildcards for Vernon is rings - 13-15 years, 10,000+Yds/85+TDs and a couple rings and I think he's in.

True, but I'd feel pretty good about Gronk and even Jimmy Graham getting rings with their teams too. I bet Tom and Drew both have at least one more left in them, now that they've retooled with younger skill positions.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True, but I'd feel pretty good about Gronk and even Jimmy Graham getting rings with their teams too. I bet Tom and Drew both have at least one more left in them, now that they've retooled with younger skill positions.

I completely agree, Tres Aves!