• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban blocking transfers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's good at Georgia, he's never leaving. He's a Georgia alum.

If he's not good at Georgia - Alabama won't want him. :lol:

Oh I didn't realize Kirby is a Georgia alum. Yeah chances are if he's successful he ain't leaving the Bulldogs.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its my opinion jesus fucking christ asshole.

Georgia has a new coach, new QB, new coordinators. Sure there is talent but its a new system. They are picked thrid in the east behind Tennessee and Florida both with returning QBs and coaches. I've put their chances at making the title game at 20%(slim), just like you have it at 100%. Its a fucking opinion.

It's not a new system. Georgia has been trying to be like Alabama for years.

And we'll see.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you pick GA with a new, unproven HC? Nice thinking. Explain!

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not like anyone else in the SEC East have been world beaters lately.

Tennessee appears to be on the rise, but they haven't really proven that they can beat the other top tier teams in the SEC. They did pick up a W over Georgia last year, though. They were also competitive with Florida and Alabama. Would likely be my pick to win the SEC East, without looking at the schedules.
Florida for the most part has struggled (to their standards) since Urban Meyer left. They had a nice season last year, and it'll be interesting to see what happens with the offense.
Georgia is breaking in a new coach, but they did go 10-3 last year.
Missouri is breaking in a new coach and went 5-7 last year.
Kentucky went 5-7 last year.
South Carolina is breaking in a new coach and went 3-9 last year.
Vanderbilt went 4-8 last year.

I'd probably pick Tennessee or Florida, but I couldn't fault anyone if they went with Georgia. That division is filled with as much uncertainty as the ACC Coastal.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you pick GA with a new, unproven HC? Nice thinking. Explain!

Already did:

I don't think it's a bold move honestly. Georgia has been recruiting high quality talent for years. Even with the coaching change last season, Kirby/Georgia still managed to pull in the 8th best recruiting class.

Recruiting rankings for Georgia:

2016: 8th
2015: 5th
2014: 8th
2013: 12th.

Kirby walked into a very talented team. We just played them last year and everyone was predicting they would beat us.

Then you have a SEC East which is generally pretty weak. Mizzou(even with Chris Black) isn't going to be competing in the near future, so the real competition is Florida and Tennessee.

Everyone is hyped on Tennessee, but I'm not buying it yet because they had top recruiting classes mostly because of the number of kids they signed(and they kept losing them). They have a favorable schedule and will win 10+ games, but I'm not sure they beat Florida or Georgia.

And Florida just didn't recruit all that well last year(13th) and they weren't even top20 the year before that.

And contrary to what the butthurt Oklahoma fan claims, it's actually extremely common for coaches to have 1st year success when coming into these situations. Harbaugh at Michigan last year is another example. Brady Hoke at Michigan is another example.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already did:

I just don't know. UGA has been above and beyond in recruiting for years, but never much to show for it. Sure the occasional SEC Championship, but nothing more than than an "also ran" trophy. And while the runner up in the "also Ran" trophy is a big deal in the SEC, they still had to watch Auburn come from nowhere to be top notch in the SEC twice, with a natty to show for it.

They have no excuse. While teams like LSU, Bama, Florida, and even Auburn get national attention outside of merely mentioning them in games, UGA had only had this attention in a few weeks each season in the past 10 years.

And now they fired the best coach they have ever had.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the last time Bammer played UGA in the regular season was 2008, prior to last year. Shouldn't be an issue....

Not all is as seem Daniel-san. They were scheduled to play them again regular season in 2012 I think. A&M and Mizzou joining the league was cause for re-doing many schedules.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not care. Though I will say we've allowed players to transfer to our rivals (Fuck you Boren). I can see why a coach would want to do that. You recruit a player to fill a spot on your team. That player wants to leave, fine, but preventing them from going to a competitor seems reasonable.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not care. Though I will say we've allowed players to transfer to our rivals (Fuck you Boren). I can see why a coach would want to do that. You recruit a player to fill a spot on your team. That player wants to leave, fine, but preventing them from going to a competitor seems reasonable.

It's not even being prevented is the thing. There is nothing Saban can do to prevent him from transferring to Georgia if he really wants. Alvin Kamara plays for Tennessee these days, and we play them every year. He did have to sit out a year to do it however.

What's being prevented is immediate playing time like grad transfers get. So he'll be eligible to play for Georgia in 2017 instead of 2016 is what this amounts too.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were too good to post here?
In a sense, it's true. Too good for most. Not all. Pandering with the dolts a couple times a month may provide some comedy.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a sense, it's true. Too good for most. Not all. Pandering with the dolts a couple times a month may provide some comedy.

Interesting since you've pretty much trashed the site and most of it's members on twitter for the past year.

Welcome back I guess. Let's see how long it takes you to make an ass out of...too late.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting since you've pretty much trashed the site and most of it's members on twitter for the past year.

Welcome back I guess. Let's see how long it takes you to make an ass out of...too late.
First off, I have mentioned SportsHoopla maybe 3 to 5 times in a year's period. Would hardly consider that "a past year"

Next, I stand by what I said then as much as I do now. I don't like 95% of the people on here. Trash people with trash moral ethics. I don't care if I ever see those 95% of people post or tweet ever again. So I truly have zero regrets. Perma ban? Cool and thanks. No ban and peek in once a month? Cool and thanks.

Oh, and you are blocked. You provide nothing of value.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I have mentioned SportsHoopla maybe 3 to 5 times in a year's period. Would hardly consider that "a past year"

Next, I stand by what I said then as much as I do now. I don't like 95% of the people on here. Trash people with trash moral ethics. I don't care if I ever see those 95% of people post or tweet ever again. So I truly have zero regrets. Perma ban? Cool and thanks. No ban and peek in once a month? Cool and thanks.

Oh, and you are blocked. You provide nothing of value.

You made an ass of yourself and doubled down on it. Just a few months ago people welcomed you back, and you made an ass of yourself again then.

You can block me all you want, it doesn't stop me from responding. :lol:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even understand that the kid is asking for special favors and a waiver?

You're worse than liberals anymore. Bring some more of that fake moral outrage.

Alabama does not offer special waivers, unless a recruit fails to meet the minimum requirements necessary on academics. Then it is completely understandable.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a Waiver which was granted for another player to go to Missouri but Georgia ooh no they are on the "list".

It's a load of shit and you know it. If Saban thinks one DB is standing between him and winning a SEC title than your team is in trouble this year.

Ding, ding, ding. Winner. If Saban has his players best intentions at the fore front -- he'd let the kid transfer wherever he wanted. Especially if Bama doesn't even play Georgia this year. It should be a no brainer -- if a guy doesn't want to be there, show him the door.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding, ding, ding. Winner. If Saban has his players best intentions at the fore front -- he'd let the kid transfer wherever he wanted. Especially if Bama doesn't even play Georgia this year. It should be a no brainer -- if a guy doesn't want to be there, show him the door.

So a special request by 1 player > all the other players on the team?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, does Oklahoma often go around allowing immediate transfer to your in conference rivals?

Nobody does - EVER.

But of course, because Saban/Alabama, it's suddenly bad.
It's not even being prevented is the thing. There is nothing Saban can do to prevent him from transferring to Georgia if he really wants. Alvin Kamara plays for Tennessee these days, and we play them every year. He did have to sit out a year to do it however.

What's being prevented is immediate playing time like grad transfers get. So he'll be eligible to play for Georgia in 2017 instead of 2016 is what this amounts too.

What does it matter really? I mean is this guy gonna be a game changer on the field? Utah let Steve Tu'ikolovatu transfer to USC. Alabama was runner up to sign him. He will play this year. Same division in the conference.