• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban blocking transfers

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS: Georgia is my pick to the win the SEC East.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, then Stoops should start allowing immediate transfers to Texas.

Never had one come up but when we do, I'll be sure to hear you weigh in on the situation because unlike Alabama Georgia, we do play Texas, every damn year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never had one come up but when we do, I'll be sure to hear you weigh in on the situation because unlike Alabama Georgia, we do play Texas, every damn year.

They don't come up because you don't allow it.

Alvin Kamara plays for Tennessee, he sat out a full year. I didn't see his mom crying in the media about it.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't come up because you don't allow it.

Alvin Kamara plays for Tennessee, he sat out a full year. I didn't see his mom crying in the media about it.

I meant as in we have never had a kid while under stoops that came out and said he wants to transfer to Texas but if we do, I'll listen to your take on it without bullshiting you or telling you to get fucked on another board. :suds:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's a bold move. I'm gonna go w/ Vandy instead.

I don't think it's a bold move honestly. Georgia has been recruiting high quality talent for years. Even with the coaching change last season, Kirby/Georgia still managed to pull in the 8th best recruiting class.

Recruiting rankings for Georgia:

2016: 8th
2015: 5th
2014: 8th
2013: 12th.

Kirby walked into a very talented team. We just played them last year and everyone was predicting they would beat us.

Then you have a SEC East which is generally pretty weak. Mizzou(even with Chris Black) isn't going to be competing in the near future, so the real competition is Florida and Tennessee.

Everyone is hyped on Tennessee, but I'm not buying it yet because they had top recruiting classes mostly because of the number of kids they signed(and they kept losing them). They have a favorable schedule and will win 10+ games, but I'm not sure they beat Florida or Georgia.

And Florida just didn't recruit all that well last year(13th) and they weren't even top20 the year before that.

And contrary to what the butthurt Oklahoma fan claims, it's actually extremely common for coaches to have 1st year success when coming into these situations. Harbaugh at Michigan last year is another example. Brady Hoke at Michigan is another example.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a bold move honestly. Georgia has been recruiting high quality talent for years. Even with the coaching change last season, Kirby/Georgia still managed to pull in the 8th best recruiting class.

Kirby walked into a very talented team. We just played them last year and everyone was predicting they would beat us.

Then you have a SEC East which is generally pretty weak. Mizzou(even with Chris Black) isn't going to be competing in the near future, so the real competition is Florida and Tennessee.

Everyone is hyped on Tennessee, but I'm not buying it yet because they had top recruiting classes mostly because of the number of kids they signed(and they kept losing them). They have a favorable schedule and will win 10+ games, but I'm not sure they beat Florida or Georgia.

And Florida just didn't recruit all that well last year(13th) and they weren't even top20 the year before that.

And contrary to what the butthurt Oklahoma fan claims, it's actually extremely common for coaches to have 1st year success when coming into these situations. Harbaugh at Michigan last year is another example. Brady Hoke at Michigan is another example.

It's gonna be weird not seeing Richt on the Georgia sideline.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Butthurt? You're the one dishing out negative ratings around here, check yourself.

I like how you reference BIG 10 schools for first year success as coaches. With your SEC superior attitude figured you would go with SEC coaches first year success stories such as Gus Malzhan, Terry Bowden or even Bill Battle but considering they had that success at your rivals, I guess you're just butthurt.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Obama

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butthurt? You're the one dishing out negative ratings around here, check yourself.

I like how you reference BIG 10 schools for first year success as coaches. With your SEC superior attitude figured you would go with SEC coaches first year success stories such as Gus Malzhan, Terry Bowden or even Bill Battle but considering they had that success at your rivals, I guess you're just butthurt.

I gave you a bullshit for a bullshit comment. I guess you are going to pretend this is the politics forum and ignore that Alabama had just got finished playing what you called nearly impossible rather than admit it was a bullshit comment.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you a bullshit for a bullshit comment. I guess you are going to pretend this is the politics forum and ignore that Alabama had just got finished playing what you called nearly impossible rather than admit it was a bullshit comment.

reading comprehension, read it again. fat chance was for Georgia, ive said nothing about Alabama having a slim shot to make the SEC title game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I forgot Kirby left Bama to take the Georgia job.

I'm supposed to be all happy for him and hope he has success.

And it's weird because I actually like the guy, but I don't want him to have much success if I'm being honest.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm supposed to be all happy for him and hope he has success.

And it's weird because I actually like the guy, but I don't want him to have much success if I'm being honest.

It would have been easier for you to root for him had he taken a job outside of the SEC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading comprehension, read it again. fat chance was for Georgia, ive said nothing about Alabama having a slim shot to make the SEC title game.

wtf are you talking about?

Florida last year went to the SEC title game with a first year coach and with a team nowhere near as talented as Georgia. That was the Florida team that lost to a FCS team the year before.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been easier for you to root for him had he taken a job outside of the SEC.

Yes, I always wanted him to coach at Alabama. No chance that ever happens now.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf are you talking about?

Florida last year went to the SEC title game with a first year coach and with a team nowhere near as talented as Georgia. That was the Florida team that lost to a FCS team the year before.

Its my opinion jesus fucking christ asshole.

Georgia has a new coach, new QB, new coordinators. Sure there is talent but its a new system. They are picked thrid in the east behind Tennessee and Florida both with returning QBs and coaches. I've put their chances at making the title game at 20%(slim), just like you have it at 100%. Its a fucking opinion.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not.

If he's good at Georgia, he's never leaving. He's a Georgia alum.

If he's not good at Georgia - Alabama won't want him. :lol: