• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban blocking transfers

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud you for saying this, and I think i might take some time soon and try to find the thread and see if "certain" posters were all up in that thread slamming Kirby.

Personally I would not have a problem if Saban let Mo go play for Kirby, but he has his reasons and he makes the call, so it will stand. I do think its funny the same cast of "whiners" have jumped on this like Nick is the only coach in history to ever do this.

Great Post Chewbaccer.

Start a post about another team/coach doing this.

Once said teams fans start blindly defending this And attacking the player as you idiots have I will be all over them too.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once said teams fans start blindly defending this And attacking the player as you idiots have I will be all over them too.

No you won't.

As chewbacca mentioned, Kirby Smart did the exact same thing and nobody gave a shit.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double standards are part of college sports as long as there is a NCAA. As most 90's rappers would say, don't hate the player hate the game. Though Saban does get a little whiney when shit doesn't go as he tells it to go.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all you have?? LOL

With a response like that, one can deduce that I was the one in the right here. No but please, keep blindly defending Saban while you cite what the rules are as if someone is arguing that.

Or you could deduce that nobody cares what you think, so trot your fauxtrage over to the politics forum or someplace else that might appreciate your sensitive side.

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you Nick Saban, damn you to hellllll!!!!!!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you won't.

As chewbacca mentioned, Kirby Smart did the exact same thing and nobody gave a shit.

Kirby smart let someone transfer to Miami and then someone else not? Interesting

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you could deduce that nobody cares what you think, so trot your fauxtrage over to the politics forum or someplace else that might appreciate your sensitive side.

It appears you and mr Arizona still care since you still respond.

Sure double standards happen, doesn't make them right but that's life.

The issue I have pointed out is it bullshit for you clowns to say he wants special treatment for wanting to be treated the same. Yes, I know life's not fair yadda yadda. Doesn't mean he wanted special treatment though.

You can say you don't care, or call me names, ask me to go to another board that's fine. But I think the easiest way to shut me up on this is to STFU yourselves and quit defending sabans dick decision.

Thanks

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even remotely the same thing. How many people did Kirby smart let transfer to Miami?

It's not as if Saban has blocked everyone from joining other SEC teams, just more talented folks.

It is the same thing. Kirby Smart left Alabama, the kid wanted to follow his old coach, Saban said no. It's no different than Kirby Smart not letting his players transfer to Miami to follow Mark Richt.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even remotely the same thing. How many people did Kirby smart let transfer to Miami?

It's not as if Saban has blocked everyone from joining other SEC teams, just more talented folks.

And how many Alabama players have transferred to Georgia?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirby smart let someone transfer to Miami and then someone else not? Interesting

Why would Saban care if someone transfers to Mizzou?

There's an obvious reason why he has special interests in not letting his players leave for UGA. How many Bama players have transferred to Georgia? Not other SEC teams, but to Georgia, where Alabama's defensive coordinator for the last several years just became the head coach.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me explain something to you that you are not grasping.

This has nothing to do with what the rules state. I have not stated once that the rules were not followed here.
But you and 4D aren't grasping (actually you are but yet you are blindly defending your coach) that I'm not calling you out for rules but for saying a player wants special treatment when alls he wants is to be treated like the last recent transfer Saban released.

This is not him "rocking the boat" or coming up with an "entitled approach." This is him wanting to be treated fairly. But because your coach perceives him as better talent, he can't get a release.

It's Saban being a dick and anyone not wearing Crimson a cream can see that. You know exactly what I'm talking bout as does your butt buddy mr Arizona.
That is a perception comment and it shows you to be exactly as decribed previously. Sorry but we had a coach of the same said team who blockec his players from transferring to the prious coaches team. So it has happened before and it was not based on talent then. You perceive the Saban is blocking him because he has talent but i see its due to him not allowing the player to follow the coach. Thats no different than what Smart did and i dont recall you posting incessantly about that issue. Common denominator in this is your obsession with all things Nick Saban. Just calling it like i see it...and its pretty spot on.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If i am not mistaken there was a thread on Kirby Smart doing this. Where were you?

No time to search this weekend, getting ready to pack for a funeral and head to Memphis for few days. You will need to search on your own for that thread.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the same thing. Kirby Smart left Alabama, the kid wanted to follow his old coach, Saban said no. It's no different than Kirby Smart not letting his players transfer to Miami to follow Mark Richt.

And how many Alabama players have transferred to Georgia?

Why would Saban care if someone transfers to Mizzou?

There's an obvious reason why he has special interests in not letting his players leave for UGA. How many Bama players have transferred to Georgia? Not other SEC teams, but to Georgia, where Alabama's defensive coordinator for the last several years just became the head coach.

While I get what you are saying, my argument has been on this thread from day 1 that Maurice Black did not want special treatment. He just wanted to be treated like Chris Black. There is more then 1 bama yahoo on here stating he wants special treatment. That's bs and they all know.

Second if Saban is going to allow someone to transfer to another SEC east foe, he has to know the conflict of interest in not allowing another player to transfer to a different SEC east school. No matter who the coach is.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a perception comment and it shows you to be exactly as decribed previously. Sorry but we had a coach of the same said team who blockec his players from transferring to the prious coaches team. So it has happened before and it was not based on talent then. You perceive the Saban is blocking him because he has talent but i see its due to him not allowing the player to follow the coach. Thats no different than what Smart did and i dont recall you posting incessantly about that issue. Common denominator in this is your obsession with all things Nick Saban. Just calling it like i see it...and its pretty spot on.

Again, my argument from day 1 is Maurice Black doesn't want special treatment. Your inability to not understand that is damning. You and the other two bama retards need to realize there is a big conflict of interest when Saban lets one transfer to a conference foe and not another. No matter who the coach is.

In the end though, I stand by that Maurice black does not want special treatment.

Just calling it like I see it......and it's pretty spot on.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ncaa should make a rule if u graduate and have a yr if eligibility left u can go wherever u want for your 5th yr. not the coaches problem. ncaa needs to adjust the rule. student-athlete... complete your school get rewarded with freedom

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i am not mistaken there was a thread on Kirby Smart doing this. Where were you?

No time to search this weekend, getting ready to pack for a funeral and head to Memphis for few days. You will need to search on your own for that thread.

Which thread?

I don't see any Georgia fans calling any kids that want to transfer there "snowflakes" or "wanting special treatment."
That has been my argument.

I'm sorry you have to go to a funeral, I hope it wasn't someone you were really close with man.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which thread?

I don't see any Georgia fans calling any kids that want to transfer there "snowflakes" or "wanting special treatment."
That has been my argument.

I'm sorry you have to go to a funeral, I hope it wasn't someone you were really close with man.

To be fair, I'm pretty much the only UGA fan around here.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, my argument from day 1 is Maurice Black doesn't want special treatment. Your inability to not understand that is damning. You and the other two bama retards need to realize there is a big conflict of interest when Saban lets one transfer to a conference foe and not another. No matter who the coach is.

In the end though, I stand by that Maurice black does not want special treatment.

Just calling it like I see it......and it's pretty spot on.

No there is not a conflict of interest. You dont seem to understand that the rules plainly state that a team can block the transfer of any student to any school. The fact that Kirby did so for any players transferring to Miami to be with Richt was not a conflict of interest, it was him not allowing players to bolt from his team to play for Richt. Same as Saban doing so for players transferring to Georgia to play for Kirby. He was at Bama, has a relationship with said players and could sway them to come. Sorry, but you and i have a different opinion of conflict of interest if you think that a player transferring to a school in the SEC that didnt have a recent coach move to that team is the same as one that did. In my honest opinion the conflict of interest lies with kids wanting to Transfer to a school where a recent coach left for. Nick did what is right and this kid want special treatment to be allowed to do what no player from Georgia could do. Saban is following the lead of his DC that left for Georgia, he is not allowing a player to bolt to a team where a coach had accepted the position and might be trying to take his old players with him. Sorry, but I see no issue with this.