• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Saban blocking transfers

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No there is not a conflict of interest. You dont seem to understand that the rules plainly state that a team can block the transfer of any student to any school. The fact that Kirby did so for any players transferring to Miami to be with Richt was not a conflict of interest, it was him not allowing players to bolt from his team to play for Richt. Same as Saban doing so for players transferring to Georgia to play for Kirby. He was at Bama, has a relationship with said players and could sway them to come. Sorry, but you and i have a different opinion of conflict of interest if you think that a player transferring to a school in the SEC that didnt have a recent coach move to that team is the same as one that did. In my honest opinion the conflict of interest lies with kids wanting to Transfer to a school where a recent coach left for. Nick did what is right and this kid want special treatment to be allowed to do what no player from Georgia could do. Saban is following the lead of his DC that left for Georgia, he is not allowing a player to bolt to a team where a coach had accepted the position and might be trying to take his old players with him. Sorry, but I see no issue with this.

Why do you bama fans keep reciting the rules like that's the issue? Never once have I said this was against the rules.

It's funny you bring up Kirby and how he blocked people transferring to Miami. What you failed to mention is Kirby also blocked transfers to ANY SEC school ethier.
Georgia Bulldogs: Kirby Smart restricting transfers to UM, Gators

Yeah it's not the same thing.

Do you understand what conflict of interest means? It's absolutely that for one player to transfer to an sec school but another player isn't allowed. The simple fact that Chris Black got a full release means he could have went anywhere, even Your hated rival. Mo Smith is not even close to wanting special treatment. My argument the whole time.

An of course you see no issue with this. You are a gump.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2ep63o9.jpg

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly not jumping on Saban for this at all. You got to do what you got to do. But for fans to call a player out and say he wants "special treatment" is bs. He just wants to be treated like the the last transfer.

Of course shit happens and life's not fair, doesn't mean wanting to be be treated the same is special treatment.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly not jumping on Saban for this at all. You got to do what you got to do. But for fans to call a player out and say he wants "special treatment" is bs. He just wants to be treated like the the last transfer.

Of course shit happens and life's not fair, doesn't mean wanting to be be treated the same is special treatment.

You cry about everything Saban and Alabama, stop pretending otherwise.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proving you wrong in this thread isn't crying. It's just hilarity

I'm an Alabama fan posting in a 15 page thread about Alabama.

You are a WVU fan posting in a 15 page thread about Alabama.

There is no way in hell you are not butthurt and crying.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an Alabama fan posting in a 15 page thread about Alabama.

You are a WVU fan posting in a 15 page thread about Alabama.

There is no way in hell you are not butthurt and crying.

So only Alabama fans can only post in this? Going by this you are butthurt and crying in the Iowa thread, bahahaha.

It truely is funny how your only defense is calling someone butthurt. But hey, when you're wrong I guess that's the only defense.

Ohh and I've seen your team more then you, lol

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So only Alabama fans can only post in this? Going by this you are butthurt and crying in the Iowa thread, bahahaha.

It truely is funny how your only defense is calling someone butthurt. But hey, when you're wrong I guess that's the only defense.

Ohh and I've seen your team more then you, lol

There are only 2 reasons any person would have interest in a 15 page thread over such a silly topic.

1. You are a fan of the team being talked about.

2. You are a butthurt crybaby.

I don't see any Crimson on you.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 2 reasons any person would have interest in a 15 page thread over such a silly topic.

1. You are a fan of the team being talked about.

2. You are a butthurt crybaby.

I don't see any Crimson on you.

LOL, there's page limits now?

Just because you and your idiot buddies can not get through your head that this kid doesn't want special treatment does not mean I'm butthurt. It just means you are smug bama homers that will do and say anything to defend a team you have never seen play.

No please, keep calling me butthurt though. Really, that's your only defense. LOL

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I get what you are saying, my argument has been on this thread from day 1 that Maurice Black did not want special treatment. He just wanted to be treated like Chris Black. There is more then 1 bama yahoo on here stating he wants special treatment. That's bs and they all know.

Second if Saban is going to allow someone to transfer to another SEC east foe, he has to know the conflict of interest in not allowing another player to transfer to a different SEC east school. No matter who the coach is.

What you are not grasping is that Black received special treatment. Saying you want the same special treatment as somebody else doesn't mean you are not asking for something that is outside the norm.

There is no conflict of interest. It was in Saban's interest to let Black transfer to Mizz, it is not in Saban's interest to let Maurice transfer to UGA.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, there's page limits now?

Just because you and your idiot buddies can not get through your head that this kid doesn't want special treatment does not mean I'm butthurt. It just means you are smug bama homers that will do and say anything to defend a team you have never seen play.

No please, keep calling me butthurt though. Really, that's your only defense. LOL

Chris Black got special treatment, Mo did not.

He wanted special treatment, was denied special treatment, and then cried to the media.

Everyone knows you are butthurt no matter if I point it out or not.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are not grasping is that Black received special treatment. Saying you want the same special treatment as somebody else doesn't mean you are not asking for something that is outside the norm.

There is no conflict of interest. It was in Saban's interest to let Black transfer to Mizz, it is not in Saban's interest to let Maurice transfer to UGA.

What interest does Saban have to let one transfer to Missouri but the other not transfer to Georgia? Right now you have the exact same chance to play ethier team. It doesn't matter who the head coach is. Was it because Saban knows one is more talented then the other?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Black got special treatment, Mo did not.

He wanted special treatment, was denied special treatment, and then cried to the media.

Everyone knows you are butthurt no matter if I point it out or not.

ohhh that's cute piggy backing off rolltide. Hey when ya can't think for yourself just copy what someone else said.

An bullshit, black got a full release. He could have went to auburn if he wanted. Yet the "more talented" mo smith can't get a release?

Everyone knows you are a bandwagon gump homer wether you say anything or not.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What interest does Saban have to let one transfer to Missouri but the other not transfer to Georgia? Right now you have the exact same chance to play ethier team. It doesn't matter who the head coach is. Was it because Saban knows one is more talented then the other?

Who knows what goes on inside the mind of the great Saban. We lesser mortals can only contemplate what goes on in the head of gods. Perhaps he will enlighten his disciples in a presser at some point in the not so distant future, or maybe it will be left for future scholars to debate and postulate on in the centuries to come.

Me personally, I think he was doing a solid for Black, a kid that life has been kind of shitty to, all sorts of talent, but every time he was about to crack the lineup he's gotten injured and players have stepped up to take his place. He has done everything that was asked of him, things just didn't fall his way.

Maurice on the other hand, seems like a whiny entitled bitch with a helicopter mom...not exactly the sort you want to bend over backwards for.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what goes on inside the mind of the great Saban. We lesser mortals can only contemplate what goes on in the head of gods. Perhaps he will enlighten his disciples in a presser at some point in the not so distant future, or maybe it will be left for future scholars to debate and postulate on in the centuries to come.

Me personally, I think he was doing a solid for Black, a kid that life has been kind of shitty to, all sorts of talent, but every time he was about to crack the lineup he's gotten injured and players have stepped up to take his place. He has done everything that was asked of him, things just didn't fall his way.

Maurice on the other hand, seems like a whiny entitled bitch with a helicopter mom...not exactly the sort you want to bend over backwards for.

Very good points. I won't argue that. It just seems like if you let one transfer, you let the other transfer. Especially since the only chance you have to play ethier is the conference championship. Too each his own.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deal with it!

8403237.jpg

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1 billion %