• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Mullens

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran should try to hold onto him if Gropp goes down again next year. Kid seems to be descent.
And we still don't know who the real Jimmy Garopollo is. Is he the confident, deadly accurate passer with the quick release and great ability to find the open man QB of last year or the tentative, struggling QB who looked extremely uncomfortable in the pocket that we saw this year?
Too soon to let Mullens go until we find the answer to the above question. And to those who are already proclaiming Mullens a starin the making, remember what happened with Colin Kaepernick. He was incredible for a season and a half until the NFL figured him out and then he became one of the league's worst QBs.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Curious why jimmy g is great in very limited action, but Mullen’s performs better in limited action, and isnt

I'd say Jimmy G has the higher ceiling than Mullens who I think is playing about as good as he's going to get.

9ers have a good problem going into next season as if Jimmy G does flop they can turn to Mullens because I wouldn't trade Mullens unless you get a great offer for him which I just don't think any team will offer because the body of work is too small. But the wildcard would be if the 9ers QB coach who was the guy who pushed for Mullens gets an OC gig somewhere and pushes his new team to go get him.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you’re confusing me with someone else.

Again, all I originally said was if Jimmy G struggles at the beginning of next year the fans will be screaming for Mullens. So unless you’re arguing that fans will not be screaming for Mullins if Jimmy G struggles, you are arguing with yourself.

That's not all you said. I think I've been perfectly clear as to what I took exception to with your original post that I quoted. This is what I have addressed:

Let’s not act like JG is some proven, seasoned vet. Mullen’s numbers are identical.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not all you said. I think I've been perfectly clear as to what I took exception to with your original post that I quoted. This is what I have addressed:
I said my original post. Then you went off on a tangent that was unrelated. That obviously turned things in a different direction. But either way, If you’re going to quote one of my posts you should probably post to the entire quote so you can see the context. I will do it for you below.

Let’s not act like JG is some proven, seasoned vet. Mullen’s numbers are identical. The Niners paid JG a ton of money which is why he is the starter.

Trust me if JG comes back next year and struggles the first couple of games fans will be screaming for Mullen’s.

Again if Jimmy G struggles, fans will be screaming for Mullen’s.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said my original post. Then you went off on a tangent that was unrelated. That obviously turned things in a different direction. But either way, If you’re going to quote one of my posts you should probably post to the entire quote so you can see the context. I will do it for you below.

Again if Jimmy G struggles, fans will be screaming for Mullen’s.

The context is irrelevant, because I don't care what fans do. I addressed the point I disagreed with - you think JG is nothing at this point whereas I believe I see the actual talent.

This is pretty much SOP on message boards.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we still don't know who the real Jimmy Garopollo is. Is he the confident, deadly accurate passer with the quick release and great ability to find the open man QB of last year or the tentative, struggling QB who looked extremely uncomfortable in the pocket that we saw this year?
Too soon to let Mullens go until we find the answer to the above question. And to those who are already proclaiming Mullens a starin the making, remember what happened with Colin Kaepernick. He was incredible for a season and a half until the NFL figured him out and then he became one of the league's worst QBs.

I'll err on caution but I think Gropp can be a solid starter. At least you have a good back up in place with game experience for the just in case scenario.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll err on caution but I think Gropp can be a solid starter. At least you have a good back up in place with game experience for the just in case scenario.
Yeah, I'd hang on to Mullens over Beathard as the backup to Garopollo until we know more.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mullens contract is about $570K next season. peanuts. No reason not to
Probably then Beathard will have to go because they can't keep all three. But on another note, I wish my salary was "peanuts"

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably then Beathard will have to go because they can't keep all three. But on another note, I wish my salary was "peanuts"

LOL, I would love to make $570K too but of course that is in the context of pro football salaries

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Beathard is useless. Probably not even good enough to play in the NFL, much less be anything but 3rd string.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mullens>trubisky>wentz

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beathard is useless. Probably not even good enough to play in the NFL, much less be anything but 3rd string.
He showed some good things. Maybe with the right personnel around him he could be successful. He was a turnover machine though. I like what Mullens has done better. The only thing I think Beathard did better than Mullens was throw the deep ball. He has a very strong arm too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did JT O'Sullivan and Troy Smith. And Shaun Hill.
True. Beathard played with probably the worst offensive cast in football though. That's all I'm saying.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
True. Beathard played with probably the worst offensive cast in football though. That's all I'm saying.

Pro bowl TE, Great tackles, mediocre interiour line, great running game, decent receivers & below-average receivers depending on health throughout the year...

The Niners' offensive support for the QB isn't anywhere near as bad as you're saying.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro bowl TE, Great tackles, mediocre interiour line, great running game, decent receivers & below-average receivers depending on health throughout the year...

The Niners' offensive support for the QB isn't anywhere near as bad as you're saying.
I'd say one very good Tackle, one decent Tackle, lots of injuries to the interior 3. Brieda hurt the whole time, Garcon, Taylor and Goodwin all hurt. A horrendous defense didn't help his cause either. Back then they were absolutely atrocious.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd say one very good Tackle, one decent Tackle, lots of injuries to the interior 3. Brieda hurt the whole time, Garcon, Taylor and Goodwin all hurt. A horrendous defense didn't help his cause either. Back then they were absolutely atrocious.

The horrendous defense actually made him look better. It's easier to get catch-up yards & points than put an offense over the top for the win. Especially when your Effense put the O back on the field so quicky, and the opposing D is worn out.

Niners' offensive support wasn't good this year, but it wasn't really all that bad either. Closer to mediocre than one of the worst in the league IMO. Everyone has injuries.