• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Mullens

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran would be smart to keep him as a backup. Jimmy G is showing signs of being very brittle

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he's got the Seahawk's number

I'm sure most NFL fans are familiar with the concept of gestalt, but in case there are any illiterate heathens lurking in an NFL thread, i'll explain simply: he's better where he is than he would be anywhere else...like a convertible in Florida as opposed to New England

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he's got the Seahawk's number

I'm sure most NFL fans are familiar with the concept of gestalt, but in case there are any illiterate heathens lurking in an NFL thread, i'll explain simply: he's better where he is than he would be anywhere else...like a convertible in Florida as opposed to New England
Tom Brady is a convertible of sorts. He 'converts' to alternative sexual desires when in the locker room with his boys.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran would be smart to keep him as a backup. Jimmy G is showing signs of being very brittle
I agree...no different than in Philly and eventually show he is better than the paid starter.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on contract for next year only....I'll give him some credit...yesterday was impressive. Dude got lit up a couple of times and didn't flinch. Perfect backup to JG, but if some team went all stupid for a trade for him, I'd say go for it. Kyles system can mask some flaws.
Let’s not act like JG is some proven, seasoned vet. Mullen’s numbers are identical. The Niners paid JG a ton of money which is why he is the starter.

Trust me if JG comes back next year and struggles the first couple of games fans will be screaming for Mullen’s.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this all shows how important the right coach is for these young kids coming up. I like the kid's guts and heart and agree with you guys saying he's a good fit as the back-up in San Fran. But we all know some team who is desperate will do some stupid things based on a small sample size. Lots of history of that in the league.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s not act like JG is some proven, seasoned vet. Mullen’s numbers are identical. The Niners paid JG a ton of money which is why he is the starter.

Trust me if JG comes back next year and struggles the first couple of games fans will be screaming for Mullen’s.
QBs coming out of Belichick's system never duplicate what they did while playing for him. Prime reason why awarding Brady the GOAT designation is a gross exaggeration of reality. If there is a GOAT in New England, its Belichick.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it...as a divisional rival, you want Jimmy Garoppolo to struggle and hope SF turns it over to Nick Mullens and be stuck with a huge contract and whatever. I am not going over this again, because some people trotted out Colin Kaepernick's last 5 or so games worth of stats and made the comparison to Garoppolo because they were identical as well. It was easily dismissible then as it is now, and I have seen enough of him and am fairly sure I know exactly what kind of QB JG is.

The only thing that I need to see is if he can stay healthy.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only watched Mullens in the two games he's played against Seattle but he looks like a decent young QB to me. When he has time he seems to make some really good throws, which is no different than most QB's. But our secondary is pretty banged up and also very young so maybe the way Mullen's played against us is fool's gold. None the less, from what I've seen I think he could be good enough to start somewhere in a year or two. He's definitely good enough to be a strong back up QB right now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be the back up next year. They won't be able to keep him on the practice squad.

So Beathard gets cut loose? He wasn't terrible either. Someone will get a decent backup QB out of that roster.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got the Seahawks' number. That often happens in the NFC West divisional games. It doesn't mean he's a franchise QB in waiting. I don't think there are too many teams that would seriously consider him. But I bet the Skins wish they had had him when Alex Smith went down.

So, you're basically saying he has the Seahawks' number then?