• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nick and cruz

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Snider will hit more HR's than NM though his D isn't as good, so not really worried there. Even if they don't fully make up Cruz power numbers they should be better OBP wise with a full year of DeAza and maybe Lough has a good year. I wonder if they end up signing Everth Cabrera which would be a nice IF addition.

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson Cruz did exactly what he wanted and the Orioles got him for the right price last season. $8 million for what he provided was a bargain. But at his age there was no way he was worth signing to a long term contract. The Orioles of the very much losing past operated that way. Sign an aging guy for far too many years, hope to get a couple of good years out of him and then hope to trade him away or just find a way to deal with that player for the last two years. It was a good idea not to bring Cruz back. He might hit 30-40HR again this year, but I think that's the last year he does it.

Nick was a good player, not great. His defense was fantastic, but the outfield is all about offense and he just never really lived up to his billing as a .300+ high OBP and 20-25HR type of guy. Way too much money for what he brings to the table and it was time to say goodbye.

Snider is a nice replacement until they find a more long term option. De Aza...not too high on him as a full time player but he does bring a little more speed to the table which is something this team was woefully lacking.