• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice Job Zeke.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this on the main board by mistake. Meant to put here:

Big Day for Zeke tomorrow. He needs to report by tomorrow to have 4 years of service to become an UFA after his contract is up, or if not he needs to report next year by this time - he has 3 years so he can get his 4th year either this year or next year.
One would think he would want to report this year and keep the ability to report late next year in his pocket for leverage. But, he may go all in this year and assume he eventually gets a deal with Dallas and doesn't ever become a FA or ever even need the 4th year. I guess technically he can sit out all year this year and just report by 8/6 (or whatever the date is) next year and still be a FA. IMO if he goes past 8/6 Dallas needs to be prepared for him to be out long term.
if he knows he realistically is going to sign an extension the 8/6 mark becomes a moot point. he can actually hold out longer. While I would rather have him in camp getting in football shape. I think his camp will stretch it out until close to week 1 unfortunately.

If he stretches his hold out into the season. Then I hope the cowboys just says screw it (him). make him play out the 5 years then tag his ass. then let him walk.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke pisses me off. Why should he get extended before Dak and Amari? Dude is holding out a year too early. Fuck him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekiel Elliott gains nothing by sitting out the full season - Mike Florio, NBC Sports
While Le’Veon Bell didn’t get the size of contract that he initially wanted, he did get away from Pittsburgh via free agency. However, as NBC’s Mike Florio explains, Ezekiel Elliott is not in the same position that Bell was.

Bell ultimately secured free agency in 2019 for a very specific reason. He entered 2018 under his second franchise tag. He believed initially that he needed to show up by the Tuesday after Week 10 to fulfill the second franchise tag. He eventually learned that, even if he didn’t play at all in 2018, the Steelers would be stuck with the rules of the third franchise tag in 2019. In lieu of offering Bell $25 million or more under the third franchise tag (or more than $14 million under the transition tag), the Steelers let Bell enter the market.

Elliott doesn’t have that same posture. His contract runs through 2020. If he skips a full season, his contract tolls by a year, pushing his $3.853 million salary from 2019 to 2020 and likewise nudging his $9.099 million salary for 2020 to 2021.

The better approach would be to show up before Week 10, get credit for the contract year, and then enter 2020 at a salary of $9.099 million.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what NFLPA forces are working behind the scenes on Zeke. They are playing a dangerous game because if Zeke does hold out and Dallas wins games, the RB market is completely killed. If a team can replace the leading rusher and not miss a beat, sucks to be a RB going forward. if LeVeon screws around and isn't dominant or worse gets hurt, another mark against the RB market. I think Zeke is being asked to save the RB market and hope Dallas stumbles out of the gate.

Jerry and Stephen have to be super pissed about all of this too. They have gone to bat and Jerry has tarnished his standing with his fellow owners over Zeke and he is repaid with this bullshit while Zeke still has two years left. If he held out next off season I would understand it more. I hope Jerry is taking this as a personal insult and they stick the screws to Zeke. Even if he does come back in week 9 just mark him as PUP as long as you can and then make him come off the bench. If he's so worried about being run into the ground, give his ass 10 touches a game...and he is going to return kicks now too. Enjoy going into FA in two years averaging 400 yards a season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing you gotta give Zeke credit for. He is serious about getting/keeping in shape. Doesn't seem at all like a guy that is planning on missing any games. I'm feeling very confident he is back before week 1 one way or another.

Marshall Faulk training Ezekiel Elliott in Cabo

Seems like the whispers of a deal getting done are getting stronger, but if it was imminent I doubt he would be flying Faulk down there

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Cowherd , Zekes career could be over. LOL

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Cowherd , Zekes career could be over. LOL
Lol, yeah he is done at the ripe old age of 23 or whatever he is. Cowturd is an imbecil. Marshall Faulk says Dak is going to be a bum after he gets paid. Gotta love all the hate

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News, I suppose. I guess we will see won’t we?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Marshall Faulk on his way to Cabo or is Zeke on his way home:noidea:

Faulk says Dak will be a bum when he gets a new contract. I would like to hear his rationale.....

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I have problems with people get paid 10+M a year AAV and complain that they and their family can't survive on that trivial sum. 95% of people don't make 10M in their lifetime and they somehow take care of themseives and their families. These guys end up making from 50 to 100+M in their short careers and yet they spend their time complaining that they should have made double or triple it.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too be honest Zeke is probably the best back in the NFL and deserves to be paid as such. He still is young and probably has 4 or 5 great seasons left. But the cowboys cant pay the big three and make all of them the highest paid. Amari and Dak deserve to be paid, but not the highest paid because they are not the best players at their positions. Cowboys going to franchise tag either Amari or Dak

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd his a blowhard IDIOT.

Cowturd is a jackass and I very seldom watch his show but I happened to the other day and he contradicted himself at almost every turn. Total idiot

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowturd is a jackass and I very seldom watch his show but I happened to the other day and he contradicted himself at almost every turn. Total idiot
I never listen to his show. Of course, I used to watch the show when Kristine Leahy was his co star lol

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I will say he did make sense talking about the “triplets”. Back in the 90s , the original triplets were legit. I mean Emmitt was a top 2 RB, Irvin was a top 2 WR, and Aikman was a top 5 QB. The only team that could have really had an argument to whose triplets were better was possibly Buffalo with Kelly, Thurman, Reed.

He brought up quite a few teams in today’s game with what he called a better set. Of course this was all brought up because of the contracts.

Personally I think he missed one of the biggest reasons of why fans called them the triplets. That being their similar ages. A lot of his teams that he said were better had an older Qb

Last edited: