• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bold Cowboy Prediction for this Year

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke & Duece get it done.

Draft proves to be special.

Dallas back to back division champs

??
#1 Freeman & Vaughn? Loved what both showed Saturday
#2 is looking good. The ND backer was a huge surprise Saturday. Looked awesome.
#3 still don't think all that highly of Philly either.

ONWARD!!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Freeman & Vaughn? Loved what both showed Saturday
#2 is looking good. The ND backer was a huge surprise Saturday. Looked awesome.
#3 still don't think all that highly of Philly either.

ONWARD!!
How many backs will they keep is what I am wondering about. Rico and Zeke are locks . If they keep four then it can be Vaughn and Freeman. If I am McCarthy I am running the ball up the middle more. I predict good things with the running game if Beebe is the Center.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many backs will they keep is what I am wondering about. Rico and Zeke are locks . If they keep four then it can be Vaughn and Freeman. If I am McCarthy I am running the ball up the middle more. I predict good things with the running game if Beebe is the Center.
If it's me, Rico is the starter, Deuce is #2, Freeman is the short yardage guy and Hunter does his FB stuff. It won't go that way, and I'll be interested in seeing which guy Zeke bumps off the roster

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's me, Rico is the starter, Deuce is #2, Freeman is the short yardage guy and Hunter does his FB stuff. It won't go that way, and I'll be interested in seeing which guy Zeke bumps off the roster
Deuce would make sense Due to him being a different type of back than everyone else. Zeke is best friends with Dak so that makes him a lock, even if he plays bad.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deuce would make sense Due to him being a different type of back than everyone else. Zeke is best friends with Dak so that makes him a lock, even if he plays bad.
It may come down to Freeman vs Deuce which is too bad because I think Freeman is our second best RB behind Dowdle and maybe our best. Luepke may make it as a #4 TE and only FB

Deuce doesn't run down and tackle on kickoffs. Luepke does. Freeman used to so I assume he still does. You don't play 5 RBs on Offense. Backup RBs need to play STs if they are active. I don't see Deuce getting many offensive snaps early in the year so I don't see him being active on game day. If he plays again next week like he did last week he is probably on the 53. I'm hoping Freeman plays again and impresses again, because I think behind this powerful OL he could do some things if given a chance. It just seems like Zeke should be the one to go, but that isn't happening after Jerry proclaimed him still able to help a team and be a starter. So I'll root for Zeke to be the guy he was a few years ago even though I just don't expect it

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a podcast on roster building today that discussed the possibility of counting Hunter as the 4th TE-FB and carrying a 4th RB. I don't want to do that. If it has to be Dowdle, Zeke, and a tough call on Freeman/Deuce, that's what I would do. We are going to have to go heavy at a couple of other spots due to injury. We can't go heavy at RB because they don't have a bell cow. That was their choice

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to go heavy at RB because we don't have a bell cow.
Three plus the fullback is what I think
Yes 3 plus a fullback is what I think. Which of the backs would you let go? I would cut Zeke, but we know he and Dowdle have made it. Gotta cut Freeman right?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes 3 plus a fullback is what I think. Which of the backs would you let go? I would cut Zeke, but we know he and Dowdle have made it. Gotta cut Freeman right?
boy..hard to say for me. I'll admit I don't see this Dowdle love, but I'm bias towards Vaughn.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boy..hard to say for me. I'll admit I don't see this Dowdle love, but I'm bias towards Vaughn
Vaughn did well the last game. I hope this continues. It is very doubtful Rico stays healthy. I want to see Vaughn make the team. He had 23 carries last year and the defense knew the ball was going to him.

I expect a much better running attack with Beebe at center. I noticed the same guys that Beebe handled gave Hoffman lots of problems. They were shoving Hoffman backwards. Hoffman needs to be the backup. Beebe is not a finished product yet. He is going to make rookie mistakes. By late season I think Beebe is going to be a force

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree.
Freeman intrigues me, just not sold on Dowdle's abilities. Seems to be just a guy to me.
IMO, the only RB we have that's not a JAG is Deuce and it's probably down to him or Freeman. That's crazy to me

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the only RB we have that's not a JAG is Deuce and it's probably down to him or Freeman. That's crazy to me
Especially with Dowdles injury history. They may need to keep 4 backs

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially with Dowdles injury history. They may need to keep 4 backs
They really might which I think is a disaster. They would have to cut a better prospect at a different spot because they have a bunch of junk they don't like. 4 backs plus a FB is ridiculous. Take TE for example. I think Ferguson and John Stephens are obviously here, and Schoony just on draft status. That leaves Hendershot and Brevyn Spann-Ford(who I REALLY like). They should carry 4 TE's, but a 4th RB may cost them a player that will be jumped on like a duck on a June Bug before they can hit the practice squad