• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 1-18-15

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's Games:
NY Rangers at Pittsburgh
Dallas at Chicago
Arizona at Winnipeg
Buffalo at Detroit

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game over in Pittsburgh already. Pens won't be solving Lundy, as usual.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game over in Pittsburgh already. Pens won't be solving Lundy, as usual.

Don't waste your next 2 hours watching the Pens....Find something productive to do with your Sunday instead

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kreider is a dirty player. A good player but he'll get his due soon enough.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers looking great or Penguins looking pathetic? Rangers have been great lately but man the Penguins are really shooting theirselves in the foot

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perron made it 4-2 and now Stepan restores the Rangers three goal lead

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As shitty as the game has been...the Perron trade is looking good.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In comparison to the Isle and Bruin shutouts?......Rangers need work and game by game adjustments

I wasn't too surprised by that shutout against the Isles - first game back home after that big California road trip, that was a letdown waiting to happen - and to be honest, the Bruins have been playing really well lately so that wasn't a huge shock either the way that game went down - but these games the Rangers won in the last two are games they probably should have won anyway

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't too surprised by that shutout against the Isles - first game back home after that big California road trip, that was a letdown waiting to happen - and to be honest, the Bruins have been playing really well lately so that wasn't a huge shock either the way that game went down - but these games the Rangers won in the last two are games they probably should have won anyway

I don't disagree but what Im getting at is are you really giving the Rangers credit or just to be critical due to the back to back egg games ? That win streak ....they had, the Rangers did beat some top tier teams granted the duck game was a flyer flashback goalie

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree but what Im getting at is are you really giving the Rangers credit or just to be critical due to the back to back egg games ? That win streak ....they had, the Rangers did beat some top tier teams granted the duck game was a flyer flashback goalie

I just said the Rangers had a great trip in California - how is that being critical of them? All I'm saying is, yes the Rangers are playing well, but this is the same crap the Penguins start pulling all the time, where they become flat out invisible defensively - I didn't even really bash the Rangers, I expected them to lose those games against the Isles and Boston, not because of them but because of the situation(first game back home and then against a hot team on the road) - Rangers looked great today, but maybe the Penguins looked like garbage too? That's all I'm saying - if the Penguins thought they could play like that and beat the Rangers then they are smoking something heavy

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs were terrible in the Rangers/Pens game. You gotta let the play a little. That's the last regular season game they play this year. Rangers took them 3 of 4 with the 1 loss in a shootout.

The Rangers need a 3rd line center. Not a star but a grinder who can win faceoffs. Against a poor faceoff team or one with a weak goalie they're fine but when teams are strong up the middle like LA or the Bruins they can't keep the puck.

In the loss against the Islanders at one point in the 2nd they lost 65% of the faceoffs. Can't win if you don't have the puck.

They're also 11th in the league on the PK which I also attribute to losing faceoffs. A team with Henrik in net should be top 10 in PK just out of principal.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just said the Rangers had a great trip in California - how is that being critical of them? All I'm saying is, yes the Rangers are playing well, but this is the same crap the Penguins start pulling all the time, where they become flat out invisible defensively - I didn't even really bash the Rangers, I expected them to lose those games against the Isles and Boston, not because of them but because of the situation(first game back home and then against a hot team on the road) - Rangers looked great today, but maybe the Penguins looked like garbage too? That's all I'm saying - if the Penguins thought they could play like that and beat the Rangers then they are smoking something heavy

relax nobody said you were trying to bash the Rangers just trying to see what fans really think of the Rangers. Its just a board

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't think you were being critical at all. The Rangers always have issues with the Bruins. I was at the Ranger/Islander game and in the 1st period the Rangers hit 4 posts and the wind just seemed to go out of them after that.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sell the Isles short either, they're, you know...really good.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sell the Isles short either, they're, you know...really good.

And the fact that it was the Isles the other night made it even worse for the Rangers coming back home for the first game