• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Decade Draft Championship : Devil vs UK

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEVIL

LINE 1
LW - Bobby Ryan (R) : C - Peter Forsberg (L) : RW - Teemu Selanne (R)

LINE 2
LW - Ilya Kovalchuk (R) : C - Adam Oates (R) : RW - Cam Neely (R)

LINE 3
LW - Jeff Skinner (L) : C Connor McDavid (L) RW - Peter Bondra (L)

LINE 4
LW - Clark Gillies (L): C - Jonathan Toews (L) : RW - Rick Middleton (R)

DEFENSE 1
Scott Stevens (L): Brent Burns (R) :

DEFENSE 2
Darius Kasparitis (L): Kevin Shattenkirk (R)

DEFENSE 3
Ryan McDonagh (L): Ian Turnbull (L)

GOALIE
Patrick Roy

BU-GOALIE
Billy Smith

VS

UK

LINE 1
C - Joe Sakic (L) : LW - John LeClair : RW - Patrick Kane (L)

LINE 2
C - Ron Francis (L) : LW - Bob Bourne (L) : RW - Joe Pavelski (R)

LINE 3
C - Joe Thornton (L) : LW - Johnny Gaudreau (L) : RW - Reggie Leach (R)

LINE 4
C - Doug Gilmour (L) : LW - Kent Nilsson (L) : RW - Claude Lemieux (R)

DEFENSE 1
Nicklas Lidstrom (L) : Kris Letang (R)

DEFENSE 2
Denis Potvin (L) : Justin Faulk (R)

DEFENSE 3
Aaron Ekblad (R) : Derian Hatcher (L)

GOALIE
Carey Price

BU-GOALIE
John Gibson

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEVIL - 5
UK - 3

VOTED - Nos, Milk, UK, Devil, Shane, Meebs, Femur, OBX

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Lidstrom and Potvin are just too much, UK wins

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2djxs9w.jpg

Stevens was brutal I miss captain crunch in NJ

Devil

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know much about hockey but this one is very close and both great teams. I got take the better goalie in this one bc I think everything else is so close.

I got Devil. I thought these were the two best teams from the start, even with my lack of knowledge lol

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know much about hockey but this one is very close and both great teams. I got take the better goalie in this one bc I think everything else is so close.

I got Devil. I thought these were the two best teams from the start, even with my lack of knowledge lol
Idk I love my defense including the 4th line and the forwards are skilled and balanced.

I think I have the ability to penetrate UK's defense and score back door :think: @Ritzarmy can I get an analization? :dhd:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point. Don't get me wrong I do really like uk's team. And you know I value defense I'm a Devils fan. But defense is also measured by systems and styles of play. Lidstrom and potvin were great defenders. But if forwards didn't know Stevens was on the ice. You know he's always going to be mentioned as the hardest hitter to play the game. And a lot of people don't realize how good he was on offense. His stats surprise people Between Stevens and Kasparitis. They give forwards fits crossing the blue line. Where UKs defense would allow players to gain the offensive zone. McDonaugh is a very solid shot blocker and responsible defensemen that can move the puck. And I hate saying that. And aside from Karlson Burns may be the best offensive Dman today. I like my bakance of Defensive defenseman to offensive defenseman a lot. Especially in holding the blue line and transition.

As far as lines. I don't think it gets much better than Toews, Gilles, Middleton. As a two way shut down defensive line that can score. For his playmaking abilities and plus/minus Toews is a key in Chicago and Canada's championships. Forsberg had a rare mix of physicality and finesse , Salanne was one of the best snipers in the game and Ryan's a playmaker. Caps and Bruins fans know how skilled Oates was. Lining him with Kovalchuk at sniper. With Cam Neely who pounded defensemen in the corners and scored a ton of goals. He's in the 50 in 50 club. And the line of McJesus a blazing playmaker , with skinner who can bury the puck and bondra who changed games. I don't see the opposing teams defense and price holding up. Add Roy at goalie who's huge in big games. I just really like this team imo

Either way this was a really fun draft. Thank you for putting the work in nos :suds:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devil took a lot of my targets, so I will vote for him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point. Don't get me wrong I do really like uk's team. And you know I value defense I'm a Devils fan. But defense is also measured by systems and styles of play. Lidstrom and potvin were great defenders. But if forwards didn't know Stevens was on the ice. You know he's always going to be mentioned as the hardest hitter to play the game. And a lot of people don't realize how good he was on offense. His stats surprise people Between Stevens and Kasparitis. They give forwards fits crossing the blue line. Where UKs defense would allow players to gain the offensive zone. McDonaugh is a very solid shot blocker and responsible defensemen that can move the puck. And I hate saying that. And aside from Karlson Burns may be the best offensive Dman today. I like my bakance of Defensive defenseman to offensive defenseman a lot. Especially in holding the blue line and transition.

As far as lines. I don't think it gets much better than Toews, Gilles, Middleton. As a two way shut down defensive line that can score. For his playmaking abilities and plus/minus Toews is a key in Chicago and Canada's championships. Forsberg had a rare mix of physicality and finesse , Salanne was one of the best snipers in the game and Ryan's a playmaker. Caps and Bruins fans know how skilled Oates was. Lining him with Kovalchuk at sniper. With Cam Neely who pounded defensemen in the corners and scored a ton of goals. He's in the 50 in 50 club. And the line of McJesus a blazing playmaker , with skinner who can bury the puck and bondra who changed games. I don't see the opposing teams defense and price holding up. Add Roy at goalie who's huge in big games. I just really like this team imo

Either way this was a really fun draft. Thank you for putting the work in nos :suds:

I dont speak your language

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I think is forgotten a little bit in the NHL drafts is these are freakin all star teams we are selecting, if you have ever watched an all star game you know that no matter how good the defense is the score usually ends up being 9 - 7 or some crazy score, now a lot of tht is the defenders arent trying the way they would in a normal game but it's still an indication of how good super lines are obviously it's good to have tough defenders that can steal pucks and clear them or move them up the ice but when you have lines like Marcel Dionne, Michel Goulet, Alexander Mogilny that is some incredible talent and I don't care who the hell your defensive pairing is they aren't shutting them down for 20 minutes

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I think is forgotten a little bit in the NHL drafts is these are freakin all star teams we are selecting, if you have ever watched an all star game you know that no matter how good the defense is the score usually ends up being 9 - 7 or some crazy score, now a lot of tht is the defenders arent trying the way they would in a normal game but it's still an indication of how good super lines are obviously it's good to have tough defenders that can steal pucks and clear them or move them up the ice but when you have lines like Marcel Dionne, Michel Goulet, Alexander Mogilny that is some incredible talent and I don't care who the hell your defensive pairing is they aren't shutting them down for 20 minutes
At the same time. How many checks have been thrown in an all star game. They don't want to risk injuries in all star games . I think I remember Hejduk throwing a check once. That does change the entire dynamic of a game.

Then again that's in his nature Hejduk is a Czech

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time. How many checks have been thrown in an all star game. They don't want to risk injuries in all star games . I think I remember Hejduk throwing a check once. That does change the entire dynamic of a game.

Then again that's in his nature Hejduk is a Czech

Well, these guys are having 100 point seasons while being checked without other hall of famers all around them I think they'd fair even better perhaps being surrounded by other greats. Just my opinion

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, these guys are having 100 point seasons while being checked without other hall of famers all around them I think they'd fair even better perhaps being surrounded by other greats. Just my opinion
i do miss old school hockey. It has been toned down quite a bit.I know the players did get bigger and faster. But those old days were fun. I enjoyed the Norris division a lot. And you know I don't care for the shoot outs. I'm not for a skills competition deciding a game.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do miss old school hockey. It has been toned down quite a bit.I know the players did get bigger and faster. But those old days were fun. I enjoyed the Norris division a lot. And you know I don't care for the shoot outs. I'm not for a skills competition deciding a game.

Shootouts are ridiculous!