• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NFL Draft: Offensive Line Class

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And finally, we have the offensive line. I'll cover Guard, Center, and Offensive Tackle.

TOP PROSPECTS
1. Peter Skoronski, Northwestern - OT, 6'4, 313 pounds
2. Paris Johnson Jr, Ohio State - OT, 6'6, 313 pounds
3. Broderick Jones, Georgia - OT, 6'5, 311 pounds
4. Darnell Wright, Tennessee - OT, 6'5, 333 pounds
5. O'Cyrus Torrence, Florida - G, 6'5, 330 pounds
6. Anton Harrison, Oklahoma - OT, 6'4, 315 pounds
7. Steve Avila, TCU - G, 6'4, 332 pounds
8. Joe Trippman, Wisconsin - C, 6'6, 313 pounds
9. John Michael Schmitz, Minnesota - C, 6'4, 301 pounds
10. Dawand Jones, Ohio State - OT, 6'8. 374 pounds
11. Cody Mauch, N. Dakota St - OT, 6'5, 302 pounds
12. Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland - OT, 6'6, 306 pounds

The first six could potentially go in the First Round.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skoronski will be a guard in the NFL
Paris Johson is a day 1 starter.
Broderick Jones is a little green but will (eventually?) excell
Darnell Wright is extremely underrated'
I'd call Dawand Jones and ask if he can drop 30 pounds - cold play RT at current weight.....

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd call Dawand Jones and ask if he can drop 30 pounds - cold play RT at current weight.....
Yeah, I am a little confused on why he's seen as the best offensive linemen in the draft. Don't we usually value tackle more than guard? The tape against Hutchinson looks pretty good.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am a little confused on why he's seen as the best offensive linemen in the draft. Don't we usually value tackle more than guard? The tape against Hutchinson looks pretty good.
He is rated by some as best OT in the draft.
Others say Johnson
and others say Jones.

Very hard to compare OT's and G's together.
Darnell Wright is going to surprise some people.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree with everything you said, really spot on!! The Bears are probably going to use their #9 pick on the OL, and I'd say those top 4 are all in consideration, with PJJ perhaps leading the list.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paris / Broderick

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that Northwestern dude is a glass eater. What a force.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his tape as a OT vs Iowa, UM, OSU, Wisc, etc speaks for itself. I think Skoronski game is the most polish out of the tackles coming but lacks the ceiling as others. Not sure if he's the first OL but he'll go in the 1st and be plugged in as a OT or G, his game is versatile enough to play anywhere on the line.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have been linked to Skoronski. I don’t like spending an asset like the 10th pick on a guard. If they’re hell bent on taking an OL with the 10th pick, I’d much rather it be Paris Johnson despite him having to sit behind Lane Johnson for now. It’s not ideal. I’d rather they look interior OL in round 2-3. I like the Trippman kid from Wisconsin. Put him in the laboratory with Stoudtland and figure out if he or Jurgens is the better center and the other guy becomes your RG.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have been linked to Skoronski. I don’t like spending an asset like the 10th pick on a guard. If they’re hell bent on taking an OL with the 10th pick, I’d much rather it be Paris Johnson despite him having to sit behind Lane Johnson for now. It’s not ideal. I’d rather they look interior OL in round 2-3. I like the Trippman kid from Wisconsin. Put him in the laboratory with Stoudtland and figure out if he or Jurgens is the better center and the other guy becomes your RG.
I understand the concept of you want blue chip players regardless of the position. If Skoronski turns into an all-pro, it doesn't really matter where he gets drafted. But on the other hand, I feel guards are valued below tackles, and the offensive linemen tend to be the least desirable kind of pick. You want the WR, the DE, the Cornerback. Stuff you can actually see highlights of on television and being game-changers. Guard is not really a high priority for NFL teams. That's why they tend to be drafted outside the first round.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the concept of you want blue chip players regardless of the position. If Skoronski turns into an all-pro, it doesn't really matter where he gets drafted. But on the other hand, I feel guards are valued below tackles, and the offensive linemen tend to be the least desirable kind of pick. You want the WR, the DE, the Cornerback. Stuff you can actually see highlights of on television and being game-changers. Guard is not really a high priority for NFL teams. That's why they tend to be drafted outside the first round.
I think it’s because you can find a solid starter later in the draft.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's his versatility that's desired, he can play guard, OT, or Center... but end of day I think he's viewed as an interior elite OL, and this draft class is not exactly that stellar.

I think he goes mid teens which makes sense. Most teams are willing to take a flyer on a guard at that point with the ability to shift to center as needed.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth mentioning that Paris Johnson also has guard experience. Id definitely take him before Skoronski
Paris has good feet, but the upper body needs some work. I'd keep him on the edge.