• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL upholds Brady's 4 game suspension

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, but "likely to prevail on the merits" should be able to be proven by Brady if what he is saying is accurate

He cheated. Stop excusing that. It doesn't make you look good.

Also, can we please get comments from @BigKen and @RobBase since the new evidence of wrongdoing has come to light?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, can we please get comments from @BigKen and @RobBase since the new evidence of wrongdoing has come to light?
I agree, he cheated. But if he is actually telling the truth that investigators never asking for his phone and that is why he never produced it, then the judge will have to take that into consideration. Right now it sounds like Brady is trying to build as good as a case as possible to get an injunction and nothing more. Once that is in place then he drags his heels during the court process and we won't have a ruling for a season or two, and he won't miss a game in the meantime.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, he cheated. But if he is actually telling the truth that investigators never asking for his phone and that is why he never produced it, then the judge will have to take that into consideration. Right now it sounds like Brady is trying to build as good as a case as possible to get an injunction and nothing more. Once that is in place then he drags his heels during the court process and we won't have a ruling for a season or two, and he won't miss a game in the meantime.

I desperately want him out there Week 1. :hope:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happens if JimmyG comes in and goes 4-0 with an insane TD/INT ratio? Does Tom get the Bledsoe treatment?

Jerry Jones makes a phone call to Bob Kraft to see if Brady is available.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the signs in the audience of every road game are going to be amazing this year I'm sure. Can't wait to see how creative people will be with it. The costumes and chants should add quite a bit of fun to those games.
I'm going to a Pat's road game, dressed as a tire pump with a needle sticking out of my head.
You people do realize that if and it will go to federal court that Brady and a team of lawyers could delay this for years right?
How would that help the image of both Brady and the Pats? Especially after Kraft admitted guilt by paying a million dollars and giving away draft choices. IMO, Brady dug a hole to deep to climb out and now, he should take the four games and move on.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. I think the NFLPA can make a reasonable argument they are "likely to prevail on the merit".

Now it might not be slam dunk, but likelyhood of prevailing doesn't have to be.
Just curious, but didn't the NFLPA and NFL agree through the CBA, that Goodell has the final say on any suspensions? IMO, I don't see the NFL PA prevailing in this case, if they were to take it to court. I could be wrong.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. I think the NFLPA can make a reasonable argument they are "likely to prevail on the merit".

Now it might not be slam dunk, but likelyhood of prevailing doesn't have to be.

Neither does likelihood of failing to prevail !!!...Give it up folks, his goose is cooked and all he is doing is damaging the future image of the whole Patriots organization....I am amazed that no Pats fans are concerned about the joke he is making of that team because of his whining selfish ways....Take the 4 games and Shadup Already !!

hate.patriots.seahawks.meme.565x300_zpsdqbs4vrk.jpg

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never Asked??????? How many Brady defenders said Brady would have given the phone to Goodell, but not Wells because he didn't trust Wells. Brady destroyed that phone because he knew his goose was cooked had the investigation got hold of it.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to hear what Kraft and Bellichek will say in Federal court when asked: "If you say the Patriots did nothing wrong and this is all a witch hunt then why did you feel the need to suspend the two equipment men linked to the texts to Brady? Why suspend two men who you contend did nothing wrong?"

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, but didn't the NFLPA and NFL agree through the CBA, that Goodell has the final say on any suspensions? IMO, I don't see the NFL PA prevailing in this case, if they were to take it to court. I could be wrong.

Yes they did. But the league is still required to be fair, and not "arbitrary or caprisous". They also have to stay within "shop law".

It's not a slam dunck case, to be sure, but Brady does in fact have a solid case.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to hear what Kraft and Bellichek will say in Federal court when asked: "If you say the Patriots did nothing wrong and this is all a witch hunt then why did you feel the need to suspend the two equipment men linked to the texts to Brady? Why suspend two men who you contend did nothing wrong?"

This will get interesting, will Kraft perjure himself in federal court?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither does likelihood of failing to prevail !!!...Give it up folks, his goose is cooked and all he is doing is damaging the future image of the whole Patriots organization....I am amazed that no Pats fans are concerned about the joke he is making of that team because of his whining selfish ways....Take the 4 games and Shadup Already !!

Have a wager in mind?:suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In this day and age where TMZ runs the online mob, Brady was right to get rid of his cellphone before some freak show got a hold of it and tried to leak naked pics of his wife all over the internet. Smart.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this day and age where TMZ runs the online mob, Brady was right to get rid of his cellphone before some freak show got a hold of it and tried to leak naked pics of his wife all over the internet. Smart.

And he's still the GOAT, right? 19-0 next season, carrying the team on his mighty shoulders?

C

cubzzzfanincali

I understand completely. Tom Brady destroys a phone that may have evidence relating to footballs, show your outrage!!!

Destroy emails and servers related to wholesome harassment, imprisonment, and deaths of Americans, that's OK.

Got it. Better to be Lois Lerner or Hillary Clinton than Tom Brady. OK, thanks America, for making this clear.

Very, very clear.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's still the GOAT, right? 19-0 next season, carrying the team on his mighty shoulders?

Unsure. Suh in the division changes everything. Winning it last year turned out to be great timing though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the JPP medical records. Brady showed intelligence and courage in protecting him and his family's privacy from the entitled media mob and their salivating online mutant fan following. Brady 1 Media parasites 0