• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL upholds Brady's 4 game suspension

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must think this is the frame up of the century if you think it's going to be in the courts for "years". If Tom is so plainly innocent it shouldn't take very long for his lawyers to prove it should it? What would be the advantage to his lawyers attempting to keep it in the court for years? That is the last thing Brady or the Patriots would want. Kraft was tired of this circus a week after it first began, could you imagine Belichek, Brady and Kraft fielding questions for "years"? Not gonna happen.

Sorry but you obviously do not understand Federal court. Lawyers can ask for continuance on the most foolish claims.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misko,

I think he can delay this court date for years. His team of lawyers certainly will and in the end he may just retire after another SB. Who knows. I am just throwing it out there.

Notice I have not said if he is guilty or not.

1370.gif

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but you obviously do not understand Federal court. Lawyers can ask for continuance on the most foolish claims.

To what end? Why would anyone in the Pats organization want that to happen? Can you imagine if Spygate were kept in the courts for years?

Besides, didn't Adrian Peterson miss nearly an entire season by keeping his fight going in the courts and with the NFL? In the end his actual suspension was far less than the actual amount of games he ended up missing.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Brady will look worse and worse every day that he drags this out...just what he wants hey?

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe or maybe not. Does not matter because this isn't going to court.

This sir is where I will disagree.

I think Brady wants his day in court. He ants to clear his name. All the shit we normal folk read from twitter and such may somehow be related to actual truth but in the end it might be a reporter trying to stir shit up and get his name on more accounts.

How is it that just today it was reported that Brady destroyed his cell phone and somehow for all of this time nobody released that tidbit?

I find holes in a lot of the so called truths here.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to insult you but you are not the starting QB for the New England Patriots. What would happen to you and what would happen to TB are not in the same universe. He has the money and the clout to delay if he chooses too.
that doesnt matter that im not a starting qb in the eyes of the law we are all equal

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that doesnt matter that im not a starting qb in the eyes of the law we are all equal

What's being missed in the conversation is Brady is a union employee. That is the reason/avenue it will be heard in court.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is by far the best reply back to me and one I can relate and understand. TY for that.

On the other hand do you think Brady and his team of Kraft paid lawyers are not in the same situation and ready to offer a different look?
They made that case in the public already and might have appeared to have some upper hand, but now the NFL's lawyers have had all of the time since this appeal started to setup their plan of attack to make that first strike and go right after the NFLPA. There is nothing they have said today that wasn't already out there. They had the distinct advantage that they already knew what Goodell was going to do so they could plan it all. Now the NFLPA has to respond to what actually came out and are behind because of it.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I give up. I am not getting back to a place I dont wish to be here in these forums. I just offered a different view and you can certainly dismiss that as being a homer.

I will bow out now and you all win. I am not interested in arguing very much anymore. Like I said I was just throwing out a idea. Peace.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the NFL's lawyers filed their own case today, at the same time the news came out. Obviously coordinated and well planned out in advance. They are going full guns blazing right at the NFLPA's public threats with every intention of preventing that.

I'm not saying that's an auto win for the NFL, I'm saying it's far from a slam dunk for the NFLPA that the injunction is an all but done deal.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sir is where I will disagree.

I think Brady wants his day in court. He ants to clear his name. All the shit we normal folk read from twitter and such may somehow be related to actual truth but in the end it might be a reporter trying to stir shit up and get his name on more accounts.

How is it that just today it was reported that Brady destroyed his cell phone and somehow for all of this time nobody released that tidbit?

I find holes in a lot of the so called truths here.

If he really wanted to clear his name he wouldn't have destroyed the one piece of evidence that could have done it. You don't find it odd he destroyed his cell phone the day of his meeting with the investigator?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I give up. I am not getting back to a place I dont wish to be here in these forums. I just offered a different view and you can certainly dismiss that as being a homer.

I will bow out now and you all win. I am not interested in arguing very much anymore. Like I said I was just throwing out a idea. Peace.
take care dude ..peace

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the nfl has already headed that off ..

Not exactly Misko. The NFLPA will file, likley in MN Fed Court, tomorrow. The filing by the League doesn't head that off. We may in fact have a delay of 5-7 weeks while the courts decide who hears the case.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im a union employee and I have never seen it work that way

I hear ya, I used to be as well; however you and I weren't making milions, or standing to lose milions.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rules are rules it doesnt matter how much you make

I don't disagree, but the rules are different for them compared to us.

Regardless of the actual outcome, this is going to be great to watch play out, and it's actually going to be good for the game. In the end, it's just entertainment, and who knows, maybe they are playing us all right now.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly Misko. The NFLPA will file, likley in MN Fed Court, tomorrow. The filing by the League doesn't head that off. We may in fact have a delay of 5-7 weeks while the courts decide who hears the case.
thats already nixed from what I have read and now its just hopeful thinking .. the case is in federal court as of today with what the nfl filed the feds arent going to waste the time to hear the same case in two different courts at the same time

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats already nixed from what I have read and now its just hopeful thinking .. the case is in federal court as of today with what the nfl filed the feds arent going to waste the time to hear the same case in two different courts at the same time

I think we are saying some things the same, and others different, all at the same time.

The case will have two different filings. Yes, you are correct it won't be heard in two courts. What I was talking about, 5-7 weeks delay, is the two Fed jurisdictions sorting out who would hear it.