• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to revamp policy on the cannibus

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing at all. But you and I also know that it seldom remains just social.

I am not even saying that I hope people get hooked on either of these substances and yes I have drank socially (never been drunk, at least since I was 4).

Here's what I am saying:
1) Marijuana has an affect on people whether they admit it or not.
2) The "eye test" you like to quote, shows a "lazy effect" on people who smoke weed.
3) The poor have a higher percentage of people smoking weed than the middle and upper class. This is my biggest problem. The poor are on some form of government assistance and make claims such as I use "my own" money to pay for weed. If you have enough money to buy weed, then you don't need my tax money. It's very, very simple. If you smoke weed then you should not get a dime in SNAP, welfare, Medicaid, or any other form of government assistance to include housing.

:wtf:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not even saying that I hope people get hooked on either of these substances and yes I have drank socially (never been drunk, at least since I was 4).

Here's what I am saying:
2) The "eye test" you like to quote, shows a "lazy effect" on people who smoke weed.
3) The poor have a higher percentage of people smoking weed than the middle and upper class. This is my biggest problem. The poor are on some form of government assistance and make claims such as I use "my own" money to pay for weed. If you have enough money to buy weed, then you don't need my tax money. It's very, very simple. If you smoke weed then you should not get a dime in SNAP, welfare, Medicaid, or any other form of government assistance to include housing.

I'm not sure your opinion is any more valid than some random junkie's? Just as extreme, but on the other end of the spectrum

While I agree with the government assistance(whole other discussion btw) Pretty much everything else you say, is Reefer Madness bullshit.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's what I am saying:

First off those are some very stereotypical statements. But you are right, because the upper middle class have their own choice vices. And a good portion of the upper class got there by taking advantage of those poor lazy pot heads. And contrary to popular belief not all poor are just sitting back waiting for a government hand out so they can go get high. More of your tax money goes to support the poor sainted single mother than it does the poor lazy weed smoker. And any of those who hit your eye test as lazy were likely that way to begin with.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of rich folks smoke weed.

I used to deal to a Brain Surgeon.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, haven't you ever heard of the NBA or Entertainment Industry? :laugh:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"While I agree with the government assistance(whole other discussion btw) Pretty much everything else you say, is Reefer Madness bullshit"

Boy...that bout sums it up. Way too funny but dead on.
You guys can take a topic and turn it into the best entertainment value like no other chat board.
This topic runs a close second only to the racism cat fights.
Carry on

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"While I agree with the government assistance(whole other discussion btw) Pretty much everything else you say, is Reefer Madness bullshit"

Boy...that bout sums it up. Way too funny but dead on.
You guys can take a topic and turn it into the best entertainment value like no other chat board.
This topic runs a close second only to the racism cat fights.
Carry on

this board rocks baby . and we rocked at espn too :suds:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure your opinion is any more valid than some random junkie's? Just as extreme, but on the other end of the spectrum

While I agree with the government assistance(whole other discussion btw) Pretty much everything else you say, is Reefer Madness bullshit.

I am not basing most of what I say on opinion. I base it on documented fact. If you show me what exactly is opinion, I'll listen.

Plenty of rich folks smoke weed.

I used to deal to a Brain Surgeon.

Actually it is factual that a higher percentage of users are poor.

Plus, haven't you ever heard of the NBA or Entertainment Industry? :laugh:

You do realize these two industries are extremely small.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not basing most of what I say on opinion. I base it on documented fact. If you show me what exactly is opinion, I'll listen.

Actually it is factual that a higher percentage of users are poor.

You do realize these two industries are extremely small.

You do realize that at one point it was taken as fact that black people were not actually human, but some evolved form of ape. It was taken as fact that the world was flat and that the earth was the center of the universe. I mention this only to point out that what is taken as FACT is generally just what is accepted by the ruling majority of the time. In five years time you can bet your last dollar that all these FACTS on how detrimental marijuana is will be found to be false... right after all the states start realizing how much they can make off the taxes.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off those are some very stereotypical statements. But you are right, because the upper middle class have their own choice vices. And a good portion of the upper class got there by taking advantage of those poor lazy pot heads. And contrary to popular belief not all poor are just sitting back waiting for a government hand out so they can go get high. More of your tax money goes to support the poor sainted single mother than it does the poor lazy weed smoker. And any of those who hit your eye test as lazy were likely that way to begin with.

You know when I say this stuff, it isn't universal. You have known me long enough to know I don't speak in universals.

I have never stated that all the poor are sitting back and waiting on the government. As a matter of fact, some of the hardest working manual laborers I have ever seen were poor...I'll take it a step further and say the hardest working sect I have seen have been ILLEGAL immigrants. My point is unchanged though. It's like when I see a person on government assistance having a brand new Escalade, it pisses me off. I drive a 2004 Kia Rio without an AC, radio, or even power steering because I don't need to spend my money on an extravagant car...could I...sure but why? It's just wrong.

Don't even get me started on mothers who have children they cannot afford, many of whom have children to steal more money from the tax-payer. It's insane.

I agree there is probably something to the laziness thing; however, the mere fact that marijuana seems to relax people would give the sense of laziness to the drug.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are debating something YOU know nothing about.

...with passion, I might add.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side not GK... some of the most brilliant programmers and for that matter the best drag bike mechanic I have EVER known were habitual pot heads.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that at one point it was taken as fact that black people were not actually human, but some evolved form of ape. It was taken as fact that the world was flat and that the earth was the center of the universe. I mention this only to point out that what is taken as FACT is generally just what is accepted by the ruling majority of the time. In five years time you can bet your last dollar that all these FACTS on how detrimental marijuana is will be found to be false... right after all the states start realizing how much they can make off the taxes.

Even if black people were some evolved form of ape and white people weren't, the science would state both are people. Both have 46 chromosomes and are made of the same types of cells. There was no scientific fact about it...it was really just a majority trying to find a way to justify their actions. Again, there was no evidence that the world was flat other than that's what it looked like without any exploration.

There have been a lot of studies on marijuana and a lot of money spent on these studies. I do not believe studies in general to be perfect; however, I do believe even a poorly done study will have facts such as portions of the brain shrinking and addiction.

The states already know how much money can be had in taxes because that is just common sense.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are debating something YOU know nothing about.

...with passion, I might add.

I do not have first hand smoking knowledge, that is correct. That's also why I'm not biased. I am going by what I have read by "the more" reputable sources as to the physiological science to marijuana.

I do have first hand knowledge of the poor smoking marijuana while on government assistance. That's also my biggest problem with the entire debate.

There is actually very little passion in the debate because the discussion is mostly between Shark and myself. I actually respect Shark's opinion more than most because he doesn't just go by the media statements in everything...I know he is capable of free thought. For the most part, he doesn't put words into my mouth and isn't easily offended by what I write (usually because he actually reads what I write).

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side not GK... some of the most brilliant programmers and for that matter the best drag bike mechanic I have EVER known were habitual pot heads.

I understand that but I also ask what could they have done if they were straight headed.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if black people were some evolved form of ape and white people weren't, the science would state both are people. Both have 46 chromosomes and are made of the same types of cells. There was no scientific fact about it...it was really just a majority trying to find a way to justify their actions. Again, there was no evidence that the world was flat other than that's what it looked like without any exploration.

There have been a lot of studies on marijuana and a lot of money spent on these studies. I do not believe studies in general to be perfect; however, I do believe even a poorly done study will have facts such as portions of the brain shrinking and addiction.

The states already know how much money can be had in taxes because that is just common sense.

Follow the money GK...you know this.

There have been plenty of independent studies that show otherwise. Also, there are many alternatives to just smoking it these days. Healthier alternatives like vapes and edibles. Many studies are showing edibles to be a miracle drug, that actually EATS metastasizing cancer. A good majority of you anti-pot studies have been funded by Big Pharma and the likes. Wonder why?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow the money GK...you know this.

There have been plenty of independent studies that show otherwise. Also, there are many alternatives to just smoking it these days. Healthier alternatives like vapes and edibles. Many studies are showing edibles to be a miracle drug, that actually EATS metastasizing cancer. A good majority of you anti-pot studies have been funded by Big Pharma and the likes. Wonder why?[/QUOTE]

Hell thats easy. Last thing Phizer wants is a pain killer that works better than any thing they produce, has 1/10th the negative side effects, and can be grown in your back yard for 1/50th the cost.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note... have you ever known a pot head with anger management, bipolar or multiple personality disorder?? :D

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note... have you ever known a pot head with anger management, bipolar or multiple personality disorder?? :D

Actually, I have read plenty of studies that state psychological disorders and pot usage have a higher than normal correlation.

Said thing is almost everybody I meet these days are fucked up one way or the other...call it anger issues, bipolar, MPD, or just nuts...they are still screwed up.

Last edited by a moderator: