• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to revamp policy on the cannibus

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow the money GK...you know this.

There have been plenty of independent studies that show otherwise. Also, there are many alternatives to just smoking it these days. Healthier alternatives like vapes and edibles. Many studies are showing edibles to be a miracle drug, that actually EATS metastasizing cancer. A good majority of you anti-pot studies have been funded by Big Pharma and the likes. Wonder why?

Well most of the studies I read come from tax-payer money which also pisses me off. In case you missed it, I really hate it when the government spends my money.

Most of what you are saying endorses medical marijuana and I have never said I was against that because a doctor would prescribe it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I have read plenty of studies that state psychological disorders and pot usage have a higher than normal correlation.

Again studies paid for and conducted by who?? remember that studies were also produced that said smoking tobacco didnt cause cancer. Follow the money and you will find the truth. finding weed as a an unsafe product falls in line with one of the biggest contributors of campaign funding currently.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well most of the studies I read come from tax-payer money which also pisses me off. In case you missed it, I really hate it when the government spends my money.

Most of what you are saying endorses medical marijuana and I have never said I was against that because a doctor would prescribe it.

The whole point in making it a controlled substance is to control the money tied into it. You do realize that doctor prescribed weed costs ten times the street cost, which is 100 times what it would cost me to grow it in my back yard.

If I were so inclined to grow and smoke it mind you.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again studies paid for and conducted by who?? remember that studies were also produced that said smoking tobacco didnt cause cancer. Follow the money and you will find the truth. finding weed as a an unsafe product falls in line with one of the biggest contributors of campaign funding currently.

Funded by you and I, the tax-payer. The studies that suggest it is safe also have bias.

I have never seen a study that stated tobacco does not cause cancer.

The whole point in making it a controlled substance is to control the money tied into it. You do realize that doctor prescribed weed costs ten times the street cost, which is 100 times what it would cost me to grow it in my back yard.

If I were so inclined to grow and smoke it mind you.

I don't care about the cost. The higher the cost, the fewer people that will be capable of smoking it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my son is bi polar and he uses pot most bi-polars self medicate either by drugs or alcohol

i used pot daily for at least 6 years . it did make me lazy , unmotivated , and most of the other side affects of using the drug

i stopped using when i joined the military

so i agree with most of the studies because i experienced it

that doesnt mean i am anti pot . it means that when it does get legalized there will be unintended consequences and you are seeing it in washington and in colorado

the revenue gained by it could be offset by the cost it takes to treat the addicts and i will never believe the BS that it isnt addictive because it is just like nicotine is and quitting tobacco was extremely hard for me and others

again when a guy cant give up weed for millions of dollars then something is wrong

again i have used it . and if the time comes in my life when i can smoke again i would strongly consider it but dont tell me it is just a sweet hamrless drug with no side affects because ALL drugs affect people in different ways

vicodin made farve an addict , it made me nothing but as i said drugs affect people in different ways

pot may not make you an addict but others it certainly will . to deny that is disingenuous

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my son is bi polar and he uses pot most bi-polars self medicate either by drugs or alcohol

i used pot daily for at least 6 years . it did make me lazy , unmotivated , and most of the other side affects of using the drug

that doesnt mean i am anti pot....

that was all i had to read.

okay, well....so now i'm thinking i shouldn't smoke ever again.

i'm frightened.

thank you.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand what you're saying here to an extent... really, I am trying to see your side of it. But Shark is on point here. Even if one were to get some off the street, you can't allow yourself to think they're going to on a perpetual brain-deadening bent the way anyone who buys alcohol is automatically going to go on a 5 day bender the second they open that first bottle of beer. From my history (and I never really smoked.. it's been 15 years since I had any weed on a social basis) most of the people I knew who did were actually very intelligent and quite committed to excellence at their jobs.. whatever job it was. Did I know of some who weren't? Sure. But, pot or not, they were going to take the easy way out on everything, no matter what the situation.

I am 100% on board with your general sentiment on tests for those getting government assistance, while it's still illegal.. and maybe even it wasn't. No reason to have as many jobs as we do in this country with the specter of randomized drug tests without the jobless having to face that too, if they're getting monetary assistance.

As far as Fred Davis.. he knew what the job requirements and stipulations were. He elected to fly in the face of that. What that says to me about his character says 1000% more than the mere fact that he partook, which, in the broad view, means little to me.

Side debate: I think JDM was making a point about how long the presence of marijuana stays in your system earlier in the thread. The way I remember it, that depends greatly on how frequently you use it. I remember it being from upwards to a week to up to a month or more. I'd have to look that up for verification.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that doesnt mean i am anti pot . it means that when it does get legalized there will be unintended consequences and you are seeing it in washington and in colorado

the revenue gained by it could be offset by the cost it takes to treat the addicts and i will never believe the BS that it isnt addictive because it is just like nicotine is and quitting tobacco was extremely hard for me and others

again when a guy cant give up weed for millions of dollars then something is wrong

again i have used it . and if the time comes in my life when i can smoke again i would strongly consider it but dont tell me it is just a sweet hamrless drug with no side affects because ALL drugs affect people in different ways

vicodin made farve an addict , it made me nothing but as i said drugs affect people in different ways

pot may not make you an addict but others it certainly will . to deny that is disingenuous

I think that's the biggest thing as far as this thread goes. Not too many jobs out there with that kinda money. We all know how punishing the NFL can be on the body, no doubt about that. But when a player has that kind of revenue.. it kinda boggles the mind that he would wantonly fly in the face of the edicts set before him by his employer.

Hell, hire a part-time chef, part-time masseuse.. all that.. anything to help your body deal with the punishment it's getting. Even if pot were legal, I'd still go that route in order to ensure that kind of a paycheck.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unintended consequences go both ways. Prohibition, for example is what puts dealers on the streets. You seen any gangsters peddling booze lately?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying here to an extent... really, I am trying to see your side of it. But Shark is on point here. Even if one were to get some off the street, you can't allow yourself to think they're going to on a perpetual brain-deadening bent the way anyone who buys alcohol is automatically going to go on a 5 day bender the second they open that first bottle of beer. From my history (and I never really smoked.. it's been 15 years since I had any weed on a social basis) most of the people I knew who did were actually very intelligent and quite committed to excellence at their jobs.. whatever job it was. Did I know of some who weren't? Sure. But, pot or not, they were going to take the easy way out on everything, no matter what the situation.

I am 100% on board with your general sentiment on tests for those getting government assistance, while it's still illegal.. and maybe even it wasn't. No reason to have as many jobs as we do in this country with the specter of randomized drug tests without the jobless having to face that too, if they're getting monetary assistance.

As far as Fred Davis.. he knew what the job requirements and stipulations were. He elected to fly in the face of that. What that says to me about his character says 1000% more than the mere fact that he partook, which, in the broad view, means little to me.

Side debate: I think JDM was making a point about how long the presence of marijuana stays in your system earlier in the thread. The way I remember it, that depends greatly on how frequently you use it. I remember it being from upwards to a week to up to a month or more. I'd have to look that up for verification.

I have never stated the second you smoke a joint, you are hooked or it will cause brain damage. I understand what Shark is saying and he understands what I am saying. I'm all for freedom. I'm all for a person who is not on any form of government assistance (tax payer money) being able to smoke freely. I'm also all for that same person, if he ever has issues related to his smoking, not receiving help unless he pays for it by himself (no tax payer money). That is freedom. It is freedom to succeed and it's freedom to fail.

Exactly...if you are on government assistance, you are no longer free. That is part of your job because you are getting money from your employer...the tax payer. There should be a ton of stipulations on that money and your behavior.

People like Davis prove that marijuana addiction is real. It's the only explanation for continuing with the substance when millions of dollars are at stake.

It can stay in the system for up to a month...usually on the cellular level. Whether or not there are any affects of the substance at that point is something I really don't think can be proven, even though I doubt there are any affects after a much shorter period of time.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the biggest thing as far as this thread goes. Not too many jobs out there with that kinda money. We all know how punishing the NFL can be on the body, no doubt about that. But when a player has that kind of revenue.. it kinda boggles the mind that he would wantonly fly in the face of the edicts set before him by his employer.

Hell, hire a part-time chef, part-time masseuse.. all that.. anything to help your body deal with the punishment it's getting. Even if pot were legal, I'd still go that route in order to ensure that kind of a paycheck.

Nobody in the NFL is taking pot as a pain killer.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I appreciate the honesty here Dad. I think most of those who use pot are not honest with themselves and the effects.

Contrary to how it sounds, I am not anti-pot either. I am anti-pot for anybody receiving a dime of tax-payer money. I am anti-pot for anybody who has an employer who doesn't want their representatives tarnishing the image of the company.

If you have the money to not take a dime from me and your employer says it's fine...smoke all you want. Realistically, I'd love to see more pilots smoking this stuff because it would give me more leverage to make more money because honestly, I don't think there is a single person on here who wants their pilot to be high.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in the NFL is taking pot as a pain killer.

That's a lie.

Funded by you and I, the tax-payer. The studies that suggest it is safe also have bias.

Right. One of the most respected academic/medical institutions in the world, who has proven conclusively that your brain is not negatively affected long term by marijuana, is biased. :nod:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lie.

Right. One of the most respected academic/medical institutions in the world, who has proven conclusively that your brain is not negatively affected long term by marijuana, is biased. :nod:

No it isn't a lie and you know it. They take marijuana because they want to get high.

Which one is that?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't speak for everyone and marijuana is fucking spectacular at just that use. It is guaranteed that some players use it for pain relief.

John Hopkins university. I already gave you this proof and you gave me a "it looks different :bawling:" study from a nobody.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't a lie and you know it. They take marijuana because they want to get high.

Which one is that?

If SI is a rag mag, then you would be correct. Me....I tend to like SI and they did a small peice a couple of months back reference the absurdity surrounding pot in the NFL.

NFL players are quoted as saying team doctors will throw every pain pill in the book at them. Players are often dependent on these drugs due to their addictive nature.

Doctors inject all sorts of shit into their joints....it's acceptable to go home and get drunk, so now we have players dying behind the wheel and in the pax seat.

When the alternatives to relaxing is pot over booze and addictive scripts, WTF do you mean they don't smoke pot as a pain reliever? It's that or become a fucking junkie on perscription crap.

You have your head in the sand and your ass in the air.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't speak for everyone and marijuana is fucking spectacular at just that use. It is guaranteed that some players use it for pain relief.

John Hopkins university. I already gave you this proof and you gave me a "it looks different :bawling:" study from a nobody.

It is guaranteed that not one of them uses it simply as a pain killer. If you believe they do you are naïve or a liar.

No significant "cognitive" decline is not the same as no effect on the brain.

I have shown evidence published in the NIH, every bit as reputable a source as JHU.

I have shown multiple sources that state marijuana use shrinks certain areas of the brain.

You chose not to listen because you want justification for your own actions.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is guaranteed that not one of them uses it simply as a pain killer. If you believe they do you are naïve or a liar.

I have shown evidence published in the NIH, every bit as reputable a source as JHU.

I have shown multiple sources that state marijuana use shrinks certain areas of the brain.

I'm not in the camp that says habitual use of pot isn't bad for you. I think damn near everything if used habitually will harm you. I am in the camp as saying red meat and cane surgar are worse than pot....not on the brain, but other parts of your body.

And compare to alcohol.....it's not even close....pot is by far the safer alternative.

When you start lobbying to get rid of can sugar, you could be taken serious. Until then, you are picking and chosing what you want no more than JDM is.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're fucking retarded.

Your brain is cognition. No cognitive decline = no detrimental effect on the brain.