• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to revamp policy on the cannibus

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was all i had to read.

okay, well....so now i'm thinking i shouldn't smoke ever again.

i'm frightened.

thank you.

you should have read more then
then you wouldnt come off as foolish

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unintended consequences go both ways. Prohibition, for example is what puts dealers on the streets. You seen any gangsters peddling booze lately?

yeah i am sure that gangsters will simply disappear from the streets once we make pot legal , just like they did when alcohol was made legal again

they will simply move to another illegal activity to coke , to meth , to heroin to sex trafficing to human trafficking to gun running

again i dont have an issue with legalizing pot . the states should decide that , and if it became legal i might partake in it

but dont sell me a bill of goods about gangsters and no side affects because that is simply not true

drugs affect people in different ways . some it doesnt affect in an addictive way at all , some it does

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^gangsters will always be on the streets, but they won't be selling pot.

Just like they are no longer bootlegging godawful booze concoctions that make ya blind.

It is a fact...prohibition creates a market for the streets. Period.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is guaranteed that not one of them uses it simply as a pain killer. If you believe they do you are naïve or a liar.

No significant "cognitive" decline is not the same as no effect on the brain.

I have shown evidence published in the NIH, every bit as reputable a source as JHU.

I have shown multiple sources that state marijuana use shrinks certain areas of the brain.

You chose not to listen because you want justification for your own actions.

GTFO. What the fuck do you know about it? You can't guarantee shit. Today's pot-smoker is not yesteryears pot-smoker.

Once again...Reefer Madness bullshit.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOt for nothing, but there are still moonshiners out there who make and sell illegal booze that will in fact make one go blind. BUt their numbers have decreased for sure. I would expect that once its legal, the days of back alley pot deals will be shortly numbered as well. Also I would expect that the days of illegal pot runs across the border would give way to legalized import as Im sure the government would much rather charge an import tax and make money off of it. Righ now we try to enforce it and SPEND money to stop its import.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'see what mary j is for we sit around and debate it we should be debateing real fucking issues. If dumb mother fuckers want to smoke weed let them let mary j take contral of there lifes we now live under king obama where oreo and cheesebugers are bad and mary j is good give me break you can not preform at a high level smokeing weed period its a motherfucking downer. And plus the'librals hippies love dope because that's there voteing base drugos and'dumbfucks

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ran across this article and thought it was appropriate for this discussion:

In 1974, the NIH (National Institutes of Health) funded the Virginia Medical College to do studies that would determine the damaging effects of marijuana, such as immune system damage. Instead, they found that marijuana reduced brain tumor growth in lab rats. The DEA stepped in and canceled the study and forced destruction of the study documents.

Since then, there have been countless studies and testimonies proving cannabis efficacy at curing many diseases and maladies, including several cancers, effectively and without side effects.

Even patients who were told by mainstream medical doctors to get matters in order because death was around the corner managed to survive in better health than before after a few months of ingesting cannabis with THC, the compound with psychotropic effects.

(2) Marijuana dangers, pharmaceutical hypocrisy

In 1976, president Gerald Ford granted Big Pharma exclusive rights for researching cannabis while banning public research. Of course, Big Pharma's interest is to study enough of anything natural to figure out how to synthesize it and be able to patent it as a pharmaceutical for big bucks. Natural substances can't be patented or monopolized.

Big Pharma succeeded with its synthesis of cannabinoid THC, and the FDA approved Marinol in 1985 to curb vomiting and lack of appetite for chemotherapy patients. In 1992, Marinol was FDA-approved for AIDS patients to prevent anorexic wasting away.

So synthetic THC without many of the 65 other cannabinoids that provide healing was ruled a Schedule III drug with lower potential for abuse than drugs in the first two categories, accepted medical use and mild to moderate possible addiction.

Then, in 2003, another synthetic cannabis patent was approved to create drugs purportedly effective for neurological disorders, including epilepsy and Parkinson's. This patent claimed synthetic CBD content (another cannabinoid) while eliminating THC.

(3) Marijuana destroys brain cells

As part of the "War on Drugs" under Ronald Reagan, a study was done to prove that smoking pot destroyed brain cells. Monkeys were strapped into face masks connected to smoke from marijuana for hours at a time. The lack of oxygen damaged their brain cells, because the smoke was all they could breathe for long periods.

Since then, there have been studies disproving this notion, here's one (Natural Health News and Scientific Discoveries - NaturalNews.com).

(4) Marijuana is a gateway drug

Even alcoholic beverage drinkers believe that the first whiff of marijuana leads to your first needle as a heroine addict. This connection is mostly just not there. There have been many life-long potheads, some famous, who don't even consider those synthetic street drugs.

(5) Marijuana is addictive

Then how come there are so many who have tried or used it for a few years then stopped without interventions or painful withdrawals?

(6) Marijuana makes one lazy and unproductive

That's not the way this long-term heavy user of medical marijuana, successful stock broker/financial planner, family man and weekend volunteer sailing instructor for the underprivileged and handicapped experiences it (Natural Health News and Scientific Discoveries - NaturalNews.com).

Bottom line is everyone is different, but for the vast majority of people, weed isn't addictive and it has no more negative effects than alcohol, probably even less.