• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to revamp policy on the cannibus

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not legal because it's against federal law. State laws cannot trump federal laws.

Most companies do not have multi-billion dollar lawsuits brought against them for injuries.

There are rules for pilots and alcohol. It is 8 or 10 hours...honestly I can't remember which because I don't drink. The problem with weed and testing is the substance remains in the system for up to a month.

So what if it remains in the system for up to a month. They do have tests for the amount of it in your system. And while you bullshittin, after 24 hours it generally does Not show up in a urine test which is why most places that are seriously testing for its use take a hair sample and have it lab tested. You act like if some one smoked a joint today, they would still be under the influence 30 days later.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GK... I get it, you are above the influence and have never partaken of drugs or alcohol. Thus you feel that any one else who has is obviously some how flawed, weak or simply stupid.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drugs are bad guise :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if it remains in the system for up to a month. They do have tests for the amount of it in your system. And while you bullshittin, after 24 hours it generally does Not show up in a urine test which is why most places that are seriously testing for its use take a hair sample and have it lab tested. You act like if some one smoked a joint today, they would still be under the influence 30 days later.

I didn't say under the influence. I said it can be in the system and they check that.

GK... I get it, you are above the influence and have never partaken of drugs or alcohol. Thus you feel that any one else who has is obviously some how flawed, weak or simply stupid.

I think we are all weak because we all do things we know are bad for us, that includes me. I just don't do alcohol or drugs. Again, people need to stop putting words in my mouth.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are all weak because we all do things we know are bad for us, that includes me.

Yep. Jerkin the gherkin too much causes cancer, aids, blindness, and hairy palms.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say under the influence. I said it can be in the system and they check that.

I think we are all weak because we all do things we know are bad for us, that includes me. I just don't do alcohol or drugs. Again, people need to stop putting words in my mouth.

OK... first off, if I dont show up to work under the influence, and my use of drugs or alcohol does not negatively impact my job performance or the company image... why should the company care at all??

Secondly. Im not trying to put words in your mouth. But the way you come off in your posts is that you think any one who drinks or smokes weed is a dumb un-evolved loser who brought anything that happens upon themselves.

thirdly the use of most prescription drugs that are used to treat high blood pressure, a long list of psychological disorders, and even stuff to treat acid re-flux are actually BAD for us. the only difference between those and weed are that they can be controlled through production methods. Yet currently an estimated 25-40% of the country is on some kind of anti-depressant that will either make you feel better, or make you want to kill yourself more. Dont see too many people protesting Abilify though.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... first off, if I dont show up to work under the influence, and my use of drugs or alcohol does not negatively impact my job performance or the company image... why should the company care at all??

Secondly. Im not trying to put words in your mouth. But the way you come off in your posts is that you think any one who drinks or smokes weed is a dumb un-evolved loser who brought anything that happens upon themselves.

thirdly the use of most prescription drugs that are used to treat high blood pressure, a long list of psychological disorders, and even stuff to treat acid re-flux are actually BAD for us. the only difference between those and weed are that they can be controlled through production methods. Yet currently an estimated 25-40% of the country is on some kind of anti-depressant that will either make you feel better, or make you want to kill yourself more. Dont see too many people protesting Abilify though.

1) A company full of druggies is a negative image. The NFL's image is already tarnished and that's why there is a player conduct suspension.

2) They did bring it upon themselves. Nobody forced them to drink or do drugs. It's not this part you are putting words in my mouth on...it's ALL their fault that they as an individual have that issue. Just like I have my issues.

3) There are benefits to those drugs (benefits outweigh the negatives) and they are all prescription. There is no benefit to "weed" unless it has been prescribed to you.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The only way people know anyone in the NFL uses drugs is because the NFL tells them. Secondly, only a retard cares if anyone else smokes pot.

2. Sure, they made the choice, in spite of the (absurd) consequences. That doesn't mean the consequences are reasonable.

3. There are all kinds of benefits to marijuana. The simplest, from an athlete's perspective, is pain relief, or maybe helping you fall asleep, both of which in a far less dangerous manner than the prescription options. There is also research implying that it actually provides a protectant affect against head trauma ( Study: Medical marijuana can minimize brain damage | The Medical Marijuana Review ), though this needs some support and vetting before we can take it at face value.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The only way people know anyone in the NFL uses drugs is because the NFL tells them. Secondly, only a retard cares if anyone else smokes pot.

2. Sure, they made the choice, in spite of the (absurd) consequences. That doesn't mean the consequences are reasonable.

3. There are all kinds of benefits to marijuana. The simplest, from an athlete's perspective, is pain relief, or maybe helping you fall asleep, both of which in a far less dangerous manner than the prescription options. There is also research implying that it actually provides a protectant affect against head trauma ( Study: Medical marijuana can minimize brain damage | The Medical Marijuana Review ), though this needs some support and vetting before we can take it at face value.

1) You don't have children and don't realize these are men that kids idolize.

2) It depends on what you mean by the consequences. If the NFL states you get suspended, that's their choice. They aren't absurd...they are a rule of employment. If you are talking consequences within the law, perhaps you are right. I think they should be fined instead.

3) Pain relief...there are many pain relievers out there. Marijuana isn't used as a pain reliever like Tylenol. It's for long-lasting and extreme pain.

Sleeping pills are taken for sleeping.

Less dangerous my ass. Only you believe that.

Really, you want to put up a "maybe?" Do you actually believe it? I can show many tests that show it kills brain cells.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) You don't have children and don't realize these are men that kids idolize.

Be a better parent. Regardless, without policies on weed, kids would have no clue what they do.

2) It depends on what you mean by the consequences. If the NFL states you get suspended, that's their choice. They aren't absurd...they are a rule of employment. If you are talking consequences within the law, perhaps you are right. I think they should be fined instead.

They are absurd. The rules are absurd and unfounded.

3) Pain relief...there are many pain relievers out there. Marijuana isn't used as a pain reliever like Tylenol. It's for long-lasting and extreme pain.

Sleeping pills are taken for sleeping.

Less dangerous my ass. Only you believe that.

Really, you want to put up a "maybe?" Do you actually believe it? I can show many tests that show it kills brain cells.

It works for any pain. It does so effectively.

Sleeping pills cause physical dependence.

Both have far greater side effects than marijuana. Marijuana has no negative long term side effects.

Provide even one. It has been proven that it has zero long term effect on mental function.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people are boring or entertaining, it has nothing to do with vices...it has to do with personality.

You can't necessarily separate one from the other & yes some folks - whether you agree or not - are more fun when they are say drunk. A personality and someone's makeup consist of both good and bad points. It is what it is. Oh well - that is me - I choose to be not as judgemental as you appear to be - no big deal.

Time to lighten up since after all this is a football forum. Peace & HTTR

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't necessarily separate one from the other & yes some folks - whether you agree or not - are more fun when they are say drunk. A personality and someone's makeup consist of both good and bad points. It is what it is. Oh well - that is me - I choose to be not as judgemental as you appear to be - no big deal.

Time to lighten up since after all this is a football forum. Peace & HTTR

I love it when people call me judgmental for saying we ALL have vices. The fact I don't have sympathy for people's CHOICES isn't judgmental...it me not having sympathy.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when people call me judgmental for saying we ALL have vices. The fact I don't have sympathy for people's CHOICES isn't judgmental...it me not having sympathy.

GK, what is judgmental is your position that since you disagree with their choices, they shouldn't be allowed those choices. Since you, and others, think that weed is bad, it should be banned. That is judgmental. I have no problem with the lack of sympathy for those adults that make bad choices and suffer for it. As others have pointed out, weed itself is not addictive, but to those that suffer from addictive personalities, any substance or vice can be abused. This includes weed, alcohol, sex, food, etc.

Question: Do you believe alcohol should be banned?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be a better parent. Regardless, without policies on weed, kids would have no clue what they do.

They are absurd. The rules are absurd and unfounded.

It works for any pain. It does so effectively.

Sleeping pills cause physical dependence.

Both have far greater side effects than marijuana. Marijuana has no negative long term side effects.

Provide even one. It has been proven that it has zero long term effect on mental function.

You can be the best parent in the world and children will still idolize athletes. You are very simple if you don't understand this. And there are plenty of instances where athletes have been busted by the police for drugs.

Rules set forth by the NFL are absurd? Why? Because you say so? Because you want to justify your own use? The NFL is the governing body and set the rules of employment. Nobody is forcing athletes to work for them.

Using marijuana when Tylenol will do the job is the point. If the pain is that bad, get a prescription.
Sleeping pills can cause a physical dependence...just like weed.

Marijuana Dependence ? Effects of Marijuana Abuse ? Marijuana Addiction Treatment

Marijuana is addictive and does affect brain development. Numerous credible sources state this as FACT.

DrugFacts: Marijuana | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GK, what is judgmental is your position that since you disagree with their choices, they shouldn't be allowed those choices. Since you, and others, think that weed is bad, it should be banned. That is judgmental. I have no problem with the lack of sympathy for those adults that make bad choices and suffer for it. As others have pointed out, weed itself is not addictive, but to those that suffer from addictive personalities, any substance or vice can be abused. This includes weed, alcohol, sex, food, etc.

Question: Do you believe alcohol should be banned?

You still don't understand my position. I don't care about their choices if they don't affect me. I'm fine with letting people die, even if we can save them. My problem comes when druggies end up taking a dime of the tax-payer money in any form. If you take a dime of tax-payer money, then no, you should not be able to take drugs...this includes later in life.

Nothing itself is "addictive;" however, weed is addictive like the rest because it causes a chemical change in the body.

Honestly, I do believe alcohol should be banned because people aren't willing to say you fucked up your own life...deal with it. If we were willing to say you fucked up...do what you want...I would be fine with it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be the best parent in the world and children will still idolize athletes. You are very simple if you don't understand this. And there are plenty of instances where athletes have been busted by the police for drugs.

Rules set forth by the NFL are absurd? Why? Because you say so? Because you want to justify your own use? The NFL is the governing body and set the rules of employment. Nobody is forcing athletes to work for them.

Most of our awareness of player drug use comes from the league.

Because a player using marijuana does not affect the league negatively in any way.

Using marijuana when Tylenol will do the job is the point. If the pain is that bad, get a prescription.
Sleeping pills can cause a physical dependence...just like weed.

Marijuana Dependence ? Effects of Marijuana Abuse ? Marijuana Addiction Treatment

Marijuana is addictive and does affect brain development. Numerous credible sources state this as FACT.

DrugFacts: Marijuana | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

Marijuana is safer for adults than eithe Tylenol or sleeping pills.

I should have clarified that zero negative affects applied to adults, not children, but the context was pretty clear. Marijuana has been demonstrated to have no negative long term effects on adults' brains.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of our awareness of player drug use comes from the league.

Because a player using marijuana does not affect the league negatively in any way.

Marijuana is safer for adults than eithe Tylenol or sleeping pills.

I should have clarified that zero negative affects applied to adults, not children, but the context was pretty clear. Marijuana has been demonstrated to have no negative long term effects on adults' brains.

Most of the awareness is accurate for fans like us. The average person learns of it on ESPN or another news source, independent of "the league." When guys like Mike Vick and Ricky Williams pop up on TV that negatively impacts the league. Your average fan could not care if Fred Davis pops positive because he is a nobody.

Prove marijuana is safer than Tylenol and sleeping pills. Stating it, is not fact.

The following articles state that there are long-term effects on the brain.

How does marijuana use affect your brain and body? | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

Marijuana Use May Shrink the Brain

Studies Show Long-Term Effects of Cannabis on the Brain | Psychology Today

Yes I realize the third one is a "blog;" however, you can look at the reference material.

There are long-term effects on the brain.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, those only discuss development.

Among adults, it has been proven to have no long term effect on mental ability.

Am. J. Epid.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GUys lets just cut to the chase on this one.

1. The NFL is thinking of revamping the policy on cannibus because the writing is already on the wall that within the next 5-10 years it will be legalized for recreational use across the country.

2. The reasons why it will be legalized are

A. The government has long known what kind of tax revenue they can make off of it
B. The Government also realizes how much money it will save by not having to police trafficing of it because they will also start producing it within the country and making a legally importable product.

For those that claim it will bring about anarchy, its still an age controlled substance. So just as you have high school kids finding ways to get beer, you will still have them finding ways to get weed. Short of finding a way to genetically alter the planet to not be ale to produce weed plants, there is no way around this. If you choose to use, thats your choice. If they legalize it, the NFL will have no choice but to accept it. The NFLPA will make sure it protects its members just as it does with stuff like alcohol.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GUys lets just cut to the chase on this one.

1. The NFL is thinking of revamping the policy on cannibus because the writing is already on the wall that within the next 5-10 years it will be legalized for recreational use across the country.

2. The reasons why it will be legalized are

A. The government has long known what kind of tax revenue they can make off of it
B. The Government also realizes how much money it will save by not having to police trafficing of it because they will also start producing it within the country and making a legally importable product.

For those that claim it will bring about anarchy, its still an age controlled substance. So just as you have high school kids finding ways to get beer, you will still have them finding ways to get weed. Short of finding a way to genetically alter the planet to not be ale to produce weed plants, there is no way around this. If you choose to use, thats your choice. If they legalize it, the NFL will have no choice but to accept it. The NFLPA will make sure it protects its members just as it does with stuff like alcohol.

I agree that it will be legalized. I am even fine with that. I am also fine with businesses still saying employees cannot take it while working for them.

Just because it's legal, doesn't mean the NFL has to accept the use by it's players. If they cave to the NFLPA then so be it but it's just another bargaining point for the owners.

I also realize under-age kids will take it and I'm fine with that as well because it won't be my child.