• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to revamp policy on the cannibus

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so nfl players can smoke a little weed, but not too much. lol ooookay

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so nfl players can smoke a little weed, but not too much. lol ooookay

Guess they are going to determine a base line between casual and habitual use. If they ever had a policy like this in regards to the use of Beer, Riggo and our entire O-line would have been banned for life back in the 80's.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what troubles me ?

the supposedly non addictive weed keeps guys like davis out of football . you know you cant use it and have a career but yet you cant walk away from it ?

look at gordon ? promising career going to waste because he cant give up the weed ? freaking weed !?!

cant stop puffing to earn a few mil ?

all i have to say

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the supposedly non addictive weed keeps guys like davis out of football . you know you cant use it and have a career but yet you cant walk away from it ?

look at gordon ? promising career going to waste because he cant give up the weed ? freaking weed !?!

all i have to say

Skinsdad... I will simply say this. Everyone has their coping devices. Some use weed, some use alcohol, some use sex, or hard drugs... or even... god.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter if it's legal or not, which it is illegal, it's not desirable for children.

There is a reason MLB outlawed the use of "chew" in the dugouts.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter if it's legal or not, which it is illegal, it's not desirable for children.

There is a reason MLB outlawed the use of "chew" in the dugouts.

Agreed. But we are not talking about what Children are doing. Its what grown men choose to do on their own off time. I could care less what these guys do on their own time as long as they are not hurting others or the team.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% of pro basketball players hope the NBA is next.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But we are not talking about what Children are doing. Its what grown men choose to do on their own off time. I could care less what these guys do on their own time as long as they are not hurting others or the team.

tell it to the 4th graders in colorado who got busted selling pot they stole from their grand parents who left it lying around when they got stoned

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell it to the 4th graders in colorado who got busted selling pot they stole from their grand parents who left it lying around when they got stoned

Those grand parents need to be punished for their lack of responsibility then. But if you are going to punish the whole for the stupid acts of the few, then you have to destroy every gun on the planet for fear that a child will get hold of it. Stop the sale and production alcohol, all tobacco products oh yes and ban all religion as some of the greatest horrors on the planet have been committed in the name of god.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are grown men that are "role models" to children because of the profession they have.

These players are well compensated to be "role models" and not smoking pot is a minor sacrifice. I still don't think the NFL should allow it.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HD posted this in another thread

The NFL should let its players smoke pot - The Washington Post

I have no issue with players using pot when it becomes legal to do so ... just a matter of time at this point.

The league accepts money for beer and alcohol sponsorship and yet people, like Gkekoa, want to play the "but you're a role model for the youth" card ... it is beyond hypocritical.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont'reconize this country anymore. Obama should have did anything posiable to band mary j but they let the'libral hippies have there way'in colorado and washington. Do you guys know high school teacher in colorado are saleing it to classmates. 20/20 did a speical on colorado weed and they said potency is off the charts

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it being a problem. If it affects a players performance, bench him, demote him or fire him - just like any other job.

Years ago I played in a basketball tournament in Amsterdam, and after a heavy night on the green I played the best game of my life the next day. No hangover, no side-effects, nothing.

Damn those were good brownies!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HD posted this in another thread

The NFL should let its players smoke pot - The Washington Post

I have no issue with players using pot when it becomes legal to do so ... just a matter of time at this point.

The league accepts money for beer and alcohol sponsorship and yet people, like Gkekoa, want to play the "but you're a role model for the youth" card ... it is beyond hypocritical.

IMO alcohol is a lot worse. I'd rather see a guy giggling his ass off on weed than him getting angry and violent after a couple of six-packs!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

all i have to say

Again - Davis' latest offense & the one that sealed his fate was alcohol related - not pot related. In that case - the problem is the player - not drugs or any other substance. This guy was going to find a way to get in trouble regardless. No amt of rules are going to protect against that type of situation.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Addiction isnt a substance problem, its a personality problem. I say that because how many times have you seen some one quite smoking, but in order to do it they become habitually addicted to chewing gum or eating sun flower seeds. Its a psychological condition that manifests physical symptoms. There is not a person on the planet that does not have some coping device or habit that could be considered an addiction. Some are considered more harmful than others. But in the end, if its weed, beer, twinkies, religion or watching pron... its all just a coping device in the end.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is people are stupid. They never have to drink alcohol, smoke a joint, or do whatever behavior they have become addicted to...

except eat, breathe, sleep, and die.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gk... the beauty of it is, we as individuals can make our own choices. Just because some one makes a choice you dont particularly agree with or feel was right doesnt make any one any smarter or dumber than you. It makes them human. YOu dont have to agree with every choice that some one else makes. But provided their choices dont do harm to others, thats their right. And even if some some one drinking or smoking weed has the potential to hurt some one, we dont have the right to take that choice away from every one simply because a few might do harm with that choice.