• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL robs the Steelers

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, your complaint about this rule. Is that it doesn't allow you to crawl, with possession of the football (on an NFL football field) for 19 yards?

Which I am not even sure that it doesn't...

It assumes you cant make a "Football Move" unless you are on your feet. James landed on 1 knee with complete possession of the ball and then lunged for the goal line which is a football move. Only after landing after that move and crossing the goal line did the ball come loose

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His right hand is under the ball, unless Jesse James doesnt have fingers, which is entirely possible

Lol

The ball is literally sitting on the ground, with his entire left hand off of it. Along with the majority of his right fingers, with what appears to be his thumb and one other finger merely touching it.

If a ball is touching the ground, you need to have possession of it. This is what "possession" looks like to you?

jesse-james-121817-getty-ftrjpg_f7wntc45rgfy1bincm1dekjuf.jpg

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It assumes you cant make a "Football Move" unless you are on your feet. James landed on 1 knee with complete possession of the ball and then lunged for the goal line which is a football move. Only after landing after that move and crossing the goal line did the ball come loose

Yes... and? What's the problem?

You cannot avoid or ward-off contact from defenders, while you are laying/sitting on the ground. It's quite reasonable to say you can't be considered a "runner" from that position, (seeing as you can't run from your ass) and ask players to hold onto the ball.

If you can't defend yourself, you're not a runner. If you're not a runner, you can't fumble.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

The ball is literally sitting on the ground, with his entire left hand off of it. Along with the majority of his right fingers, with what appears to be his thumb and one other finger merely touching it.

If a ball is touching the ground, you need to have possession of it. This is what "possession" looks like to you?

jesse-james-121817-getty-ftrjpg_f7wntc45rgfy1bincm1dekjuf.jpg

Photoshop

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Photoshop

I think it's all a conspiracy.

Stanley Kubrik actually directed the staged production of the game, just like he did with the moon landings.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waaah??? He's the latest in a long line of players and coaches saying the same exact thing, the rule is pathetic. God forbid it ever negatively affects New England

They supposedly revisited it the last 2 off seasons.

No changes. Clear cut rule.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They supposedly revisited it the last 2 off seasons.

No changes. Clear cut rule.

two more times in a long list of occurrences where the league fucks up, color me surprised.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see fingers between the ball and the ground?

He feels fingers between his balls and anus NYers still live like studio 54 is still open, but Greenwich Village now

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a little more.

An NFL investigation into the incident showed that At the time of the Rams walk through at the Superdome there was no power to the areas where the cameras were and the cameras did not battery back ups. Additionally, as Walsh was leaving the Superdome with another member of the Patriots staff this unidentifed staff member testified under oath that Waksh turned to him and said "we should have videotaped that."

Here's the exact excerpt and link:

Following this accusation, NFL investigators immediately started looking into the allegations and found that indeed the Patriots video staff was at the Louisiana Superdome that day, but the video equipment had neither battery packs nor a power supply to run. A Patriots employee who was with Walsh at the walkthrough quoted Walsh as saying, "We should have taped that."

Fired Up: Setting the Record Straight on Spygate
Sorry dbldwn these are wiki. Didn't you know Wiki is now consider a "source".
Damn I wish I had known that. It sure would've made writting my college papers a lot easier.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Right hand NOT under the ball?

Better yet, do you think thats enough to overturn the call?

Just asking
Your friends in the NY gang obviously thought so. Maybe it's time to replace some of Rogers lackies. Can we count on your vote?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what he's thinking... He seems confused. Nice enough fella... just confused
I agree kind of like the kid who licks the windows on the short bus:shortbus:Beep beep

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even then it is offsetting penalties and no TD.
Just like when Pit had three guys illegally downfield on the firts TD. Flag thrown, flag gets picked up. I love when flags get picked.