• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL robs the Steelers

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be the worst Superbowl MVP stat line ever! :clap:

The real MVP in SB50 was the Pats Defense coming up with 3 turnovers, it was the only stat outside of Special Teams (Besides the final of course) that was in favor of New England. Some would say Vinatieri with those three field goals, two ~50 yards including the game winner, was the REAL Superbowl 50 MVP. :nod:

Brady, even though I think he is truly the GOAT, did bare minimum to not lose his first Superbowl.

He didn't turn the ball over and took two sacks for 11 yards, and took two sacks where he actually ends up with 134 net passing yards and a 59% completion percentage.

:dhd:

Not exactly Superbowl MVP type numbers, eh?

The drive to win the game with no timeouts and backed up inside his own 20 is what won him the MVP.

Do you now acknowledge that the Rams walk thru was NOT videotaped?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be the worst Superbowl MVP stat line ever! :clap:

The real MVP in SB50 was the Pats Defense coming up with 3 turnovers, it was the only stat outside of Special Teams (Besides the final of course) that was in favor of New England. Some would say Vinatieri with those three field goals, two ~50 yards including the game winner, was the REAL Superbowl 50 MVP. :nod:

Brady, even though I think he is truly the GOAT, did bare minimum to not lose his first Superbowl.

He didn't turn the ball over and took two sacks for 11 yards, and took two sacks where he actually ends up with 134 net passing yards and a 59% completion percentage.

:dhd:

Not exactly Superbowl MVP type numbers, eh?
I'm guessing you mean Super Bowl 36 since the Pats weren't playing in Super Bowl 50. I would say Fred Biletnikoff probably has the worst Super Bowl MVP stat line. 4 catches for 79 yards and 0 TDs

I thought Ty Law should have been MVP of that game though. Vinatieri hit 2 FGs, not 3, and one was 37 yards so not close to 50.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drive to win the game with no timeouts and backed up inside his own 20 is what won him the MVP.

That was huge because like you pointed out, Madden figured they would run out clock and take it to OT. Plus the run where he almost got sacked and extended the drive. His SB perf was mesa mes but taking over that 5-11 and 0-2 team to the SB that year was probably the biggest preseason underdog to win a SB. I wish I had balls and plopped some money, prob like a 300-1 odds. Balt winning a few years ago would have been a decent payoff too. and those NJ bums in 07

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you mean Super Bowl 36 since the Pats weren't playing in Super Bowl 50. I would say Fred Biletnikoff probably has the worst Super Bowl MVP stat line. 4 catches for 79 yards and 0 TDs

I thought Ty Law should have been MVP of that game though. Vinatieri hit 2 FGs, not 3, and one was 37 yards so not close to 50.

Hahaha

He's not keen on facts huh?

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he's thinking of Peyton's stat line in SB 50. His QB rating was atrocious.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he's thinking of Peyton's stat line in SB 50. His QB rating was atrocious.

I don't know what he's thinking... He seems confused. Nice enough fella... just confused

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy throws for 145 yards, gets all the credit for a SB win

Only in New England

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, SB 36 and I had up some funky site and must of added in a Rams FG by mistake.

Also, while that was a Championship drive by TB (5 of 8, 53 yards) to put Vinatieri in FG range (And that one was the ~50 yards game winner) Warner's fourth quarter stat line of 11 of 16, 160 yards, 2TD's was greater than Brady's entire game stat line.

Those 3 defensive take away's were truly the difference, so I agree that Ty Law was as good as any with the Pick 6 and all. He also had some pass defended that kept the Rams out of the endzone too, but without those 7 points however the Pat likely lose by 4.

My only issue with Law as the MVP, was that errant throw was actually caused by Vrabel's rush on Warner preventing him from stepping into his throw and causing an under throw where Kurt was likely trying to just throw the ball away and out of bounds near his receiver.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, SB 36 and I had up some funky site and must of added in a Rams FG by mistake.

Also, while that was a Championship drive by TB to put Vinatieri in FG range (And that one was the ~50 yards game winner) Warner's fourth quarter stat line of 11 of 16, 160 yards, 2TD's was greater than Brady's entire game stat line.

Those 3 defensive take away's were truly the difference, so I agree that Ty Law was as good as any with the Pick 6 and all. He also had some pass defended that kept the Rams out of the endzone too, but without those 7 points however the Pat likely lose by 4.

My only issue with Law as the MVP, was that errant throw was actually caused by Vrabel's rush on Warner preventing him from stepping into his throw and causing an under throw where Kurt was likely trying to just throw the ball away and out of bounds near his receiver.
Very true on what really caused the bad pass. I've said that Brady was only the MVP of the divisional game that year, but none of the next two games.

I'd vote Law also because he did a good job on Isaac Bruce in the game. Held him to just 56 yards on 5 catches, with 37 of those yards coming on two plays. Made 8 tackles, broke up a TD pass in the end zone (although they eventually scored anyway), had another pass break up on a deep ball to Holt, and then add in the pick-6. Seemed as good a choice as any

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, while that was a Championship drive by TB (5 of 8, 53 yards) to put Vinatieri in FG range (And that one was the ~50 yards game winner) Warner's fourth quarter stat line of 11 of 16, 160 yards, 2TD's was greater than Brady's entire game stat line.

You say the MVP should have been the pats D but then you show how great Warner was in the 4th quarter when the D gave up 14 points and the lead... that makes no sense. Brady was the clear MVP of that game... because of the final drive. It's not just the stats from that drive but how he performed at the highest level at the most important time.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say the MVP should have been the pats D but then you show how great Warner was in the 4th quarter when the D gave up 14 points and the lead... that makes no sense. Brady was the clear MVP of that game... because of the final drive. It's not just the stats from that drive but how he performed at the highest level at the most important time.
I disagree. The game is 60 minutes. Obviously the final drive doesn't happen without Brady and they don't win without it, but that Rams team averaged 31.4 points per game and the defense held them to 17. If they don't do that, the final drive is irrelevant.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy throws for 145 yards, gets all the credit for a SB win

Only in New England
By the way, this is complete revisionist history. Patriots fans back then were optimistic about Brady but the consensus was that it was the defensive performance that won them the title.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is I still didnt see it hit the ground

We all saw it come loose, but did we really see it leave James' hands at any point clear enough to overrule?

Fer Christ's sake, his left hand came off the ball entirely.

jesse-james.jpg

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be lucky for this controversy.
Otherwise we'd have to be talking about the Martavis Bryant push/hold off for the one handed TD he caught.

He was literally holding the defenders wrist. Not sure how it was missed.