• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Power Rankings - skins at 28

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, I know these lists are useless, especially at this time of year, but they always provide fun debate fodder...

I loathe making predictions this early but it's always fun to speculate.

I predict there is NO WAY, we come in at 28 th. We will be better. I'll throw a dart and say the top half at minimum...

What wild predictions do y'all have?

NFL Power Rankings Preseason - National Football League - ESPN

Note, we were at 31 last week... Damn!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 15 defense in yards, sacks and turnovers

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing they have to go on is last year's season ending games. And then to try and come up with new rankings based on the draft is crap. It's like the preseason rankings in CFB; useless. If RG3 is healthy and he and Gruden jell, the Redskins could be one hell of a team. But if RG3 still has knee issues, who knows. The great thing about this time of year is that we all think our teams are headed to the Super Bowl.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing they have to go on is last year's season ending games. And then to try and come up with new rankings based on the draft is crap. It's like the preseason rankings in CFB; useless. If RG3 is healthy and he and Gruden jell, the Redskins could be one hell of a team. But if RG3 still has knee issues, who knows. The great thing about this time of year is that we all think our teams are headed to the Super Bowl.

True, true. All very legitimate points. This is mostly for shits and giggles and of course some objective and delusional expectations.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 15 defense in yards, sacks and turnovers

What the hell, I'll predict a top 5 offense to spark some debate. It's a reach, given the defenses well be facing this year, but I'll take a page out of Russell Wilson's personal assessment, " why not us"? :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell, I'll predict a top 5 offense to spark some debate. It's a reach, given the defenses well be facing this year, but I'll take a page out of Russell Wilson's personal assessment, " why not us"? :D

Thats not really too far out though. We were top ten in offense the last two years. And Gruden loves to throw the ball. Now if you are saying top five in scoring offense.... then you got me curious. :D

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not really too far out though. We were top ten in offense the last two years. And Gruden loves to throw the ball. Now if you are saying top five in scoring offense.... then you got me curious. :D

I was trying to not be too delusional - but since this thread is meant to be totally speculative and fun, why not?, I'll go with that prediction and revisit myself at the half way point during the season. Red zone efficiency better improve exponentially for me to have a shot in hell of it happening tho.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict we win the division at 9-6. Last year was an abhoration due to the dis function between coach and qb. I also predict the eagle come back down to earth and Foles finishes the year in the bottom third in qb ranking.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict we win the division at 9-6. Last year was an abhoration due to the dis function between coach and qb. I also predict the eagle come back down to earth and Foles finishes the year in the bottom third in qb ranking.

Now those are BOLD predictions! Right now, anything goes and anything's possible. That's the beauty of this time of year.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now those are BOLD predictions! Right now, anything goes and anything's possible. That's the beauty of this time of year.

It's easy to be bold this time of year. But with our weak division, it's wide open. Why not us? We are going to score some points. The question is can we stop the other team from scoring more.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to be bold this time of year. But with our weak division, it's wide open. Why not us? We are going to score some points. The question is can we stop the other team from scoring more.

I'm of the opinion that teams within the division are likely to split the games in terms of wins and the fact that we are up against the NFC west and their defenses, this is going to be a tough year for this division. Who knows tho, maybe the NFC west will just beat each other to Oblivion and IR, and open the path for other divisions this year.

In fact I give the Saints a really good shot at contending for the top prize this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we are a 7-8 win team max at this point before we have taken a preseason snap

my thinking is we are looking at a huge turnover of players (25 or so either way )

we have a new coaching staff , a new offense , perhaps some high turnover in the o/line , some age at d/line and a questionable safety position

that is a lot of change to expect a winning season from this team in year one

dont get me wrong i would love it but i dont see that happening .

the defense could be slightly improved and the offense should be much better along with ST's but so will everyone else

we are about a year or 2 away

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we are a 7-8 win team max at this point before we have taken a preseason snap

my thinking is we are looking at a huge turnover of players (25 or so either way )

we have a new coaching staff , a new offense , perhaps some high turnover in the o/line , some age at d/line and a questionable safety position

that is a lot of change to expect a winning season from this team in year one

dont get me wrong i would love it but i dont see that happening .

the defense could be slightly improved and the offense should be much better along with ST's but so will everyone else

we are about a year or 2 away

Wait a minute......I'm the optimist and you're the pessimist? What is this, bazzaro world?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute......I'm the optimist and you're the pessimist? What is this, bazzaro world?

Skinsdad is always optimistic about how a player will perform or pan out on an individual basis... but in 12 years i have never seen him predict us to have better than a 10-6 record, he usually hedges on the 6-10 to 9-7 range when it comes to record.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i give out a 10 -6 record , like i did last season , it is because i believe we are turning the corner into a consistent winner .

give the staff a year to get the system in place and find out what they need and have , give them year 2 , to assemble "their " guys and make it work and hopefully by year 3 we are perennial contenders

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think our defense will be a bit better and rg3 will return to rookie of the year status. some where around 9-7 will make me happy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper we are the best team in the division. If RG3 has a good year we will win the division. Our front 7 is the best in the division by far. Plus the oline is way better than last year.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tine to show and prove. If we walk and talk like contenders than we better play like it. My predictions?

16-0

#1 Scoring offense
a) #1 Passing
b) #1 Rushing

#1 Defense
a) #1 Pass Def
b) #1 Rush Def

Super Bowl Champions

book it