• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL players seeking month dedicated to social activism

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These players are focusing on police and policing tactics they don't agree with.

Maybe they should focus on bigger problems like illiteracy in urban areas and unemployment.

It's fine if they have a cause but it appears their cause is either trendy to the black community or self-interested.

I think somebody has to focus on something or you get to ride an express elevator to hell - going down!

To simply turn a blind eye or deny doesn't help anybody.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These players are focusing on police and policing tactics they don't agree with.

Maybe they should focus on bigger problems like illiteracy in urban areas and unemployment.

It's fine if they have a cause but it appears their cause is either trendy to the black community or self-interested.

They don't understand how things work. Police are judges on violent crime rates, especially shootings and homicides. If an area has a high violent crime rate the police are going to flood the area with cops. More cops equals more interaction with people and eventually something is going to go wrong. The more violence. the more the police will be on edge and the more aggressive the police will be. A domestic violence homicide will not cause the police reaction as those tend to be individual incidents. Gang violence is going to result in the police descending on an area to find the perp and prevent retaliation.
Get the violent crime rates down and the amount of police dwindles. I live in the same area I grew up in. If you walked down the street smoking a joint chances are an undercover was going to grab you. But that was when NYC had 1500-2200 homicides a year. The cops were everywhere. Now you can walk down a block in my neighborhood shooting black tar heroin and chances are no police will notice simply because they aren't around anymore. They have no reason to be.

Last edited:

69bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let them pick any month they want between march and July.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My father told me how special Monday Night football games were...

I know football will be played almost every night...

My grandchildren will ask what's football?