• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Parity.....The 2017/18 version

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll see soon enough. They lose to a Rodgersless Packers this Sunday and I'll keep them in the also ran category.

Agree with that for sure

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it counts as parity.

It's the Eagles at the top and then everybody else.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans cant beat the Chiefs - Chiefs cant beat the Steelers, Steelers cant beat the Pats.....

Whats this all mean in the AFC? No idea

The NFC is so truly wide open now.......By default, I would have had the Packers as the favorite, just because I didnt really love anyone...Now id say its truly wide open, and Im starting to love this Saints team, who all of a sudden, play some stingy defense and have a lotta winnable games on the schedule......
Am I a crack pot if I think the Rams might be the best team in the NFC by year's end ?? Lol

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints offense hasn't been as good as you would think. They've only scored over 20 points twice this season.

To be fair they were off to a sluggish 0-2 start and then played a tough Miami defense week 4. They have GB, Chicago, and TB coming up.

If the saints pull off these next two games which should be winnable, I see the eagles losing to Washington and Washington losing at home to Dallas(as they usually do). I see the vikings winning next two, and think the panthers lose at Chicago, TB, or both.

It will be the eagles tied with Seattle and Minnesota half a game ahead of NO. Philadelphia and Washington are in the NFC East and will lose more games. Minnesota looks to me to be primed for HFA but if the saints beat Washington week 11, they're going to be a serious factor if they don't blow these next few weeks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll see soon enough. They lose to a Rodgersless Packers this Sunday and I'll keep them in the also ran category.

And if they win then there is a great chance they're 6-2 at the halfway mark. I think Saints fans will gladly take 5-3 or 6-2 through 8 games after how poor we been the previous 3 years.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they win then there is a great chance they're 6-2 at the halfway mark. I think Saints fans will gladly take 5-3 or 6-2 through 8 games after how poor we been the previous 3 years.

I don't mean to bad mouth them. They are doing pretty well. And they could win the NFC South. I just want to see a bit more before I consider them a legitimate contender.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to bad mouth them. They are doing pretty well. And they could win the NFC South. I just want to see a bit more before I consider them a legitimate contender.

I wouldn't go as far as legitimate contender. If they handle their business the next 3 weeks and make it to the halfway mark with a record of at least 5-3 then I think we can consider them contenders for the NFC South and/or a Wildcard spot. With the way ATL looks, the South is looking like only 10 or 11 wins will be needed to win the division.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go as far as legitimate contender. If they handle their business the next 3 weeks and make it to the halfway mark with a record of at least 5-3 then I think we can consider them contenders for the NFC South and/or a Wildcard spot. With the way ATL looks, the South is looking like only 10 or 11 wins will be needed to win the division.

I think it is between the Saints and Carolina. The Falcons offense looks completely out of sorts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is between the Saints and Carolina. The Falcons offense looks completely out of sorts.

As I mentioned on another thread, the next 3 games will tell me all I need to know about Atlanta. Huge 3 game road trip vs the Pats, Jets, and Panthers. They will show me something if they go 2-1 and should remain favorites to win the South if that happens. Otherwise then it is a 3 team race lol.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair they were off to a sluggish 0-2 start and then played a tough Miami defense week 4. They have GB, Chicago, and TB coming up.

If the saints pull off these next two games which should be winnable, I see the eagles losing to Washington and Washington losing at home to Dallas(as they usually do). I see the vikings winning next two, and think the panthers lose at Chicago, TB, or both.

It will be the eagles tied with Seattle and Minnesota half a game ahead of NO. Philadelphia and Washington are in the NFC East and will lose more games. Minnesota looks to me to be primed for HFA but if the saints beat Washington week 11, they're going to be a serious factor if they don't blow these next few weeks.

Really really big mid season game Monday night between Philly and the Skins. If Philly wins they go to 6-1 and Skins at 3-3 with Philly owning the tie breaker and 6-0 in the NFC. Skins have to win but Philly has 11 days of rest and a home game vs. The Skins.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this Philly/Washington game is a good one coming up next week. Philly has a few tough games coming up. Those divisional games are always tough to call. If Cousins and co. come out of there with a win, it really throws a lot of teams in the mix for HFA. Seattle hasn't impressed so far but still above .500 and have the tiebreaker on the Rams. The Rams are definitely coming in the west and can't be taken lightly. Time will tell. And the Cards did get a big boost with AP yesterday and their Oline looked better than it has in awhile but I think they are an 8-8 team at best. I'm not sold on Carolina but they could win their div with Atlanta appearing to be sliding badly. New Orleans still has Brees and already blew out the Panthers at home. An 11-5 season could easily garner HFA in the NFC, I think.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the AFC, it really looks like KC may end up with the best record but will it matter if the Steelers come to town in January? The Pats continue to find ways to win games as always but if they don't get things right and protect Brady better, things could get ugly and they could be fucked by play-off time if TB gets hurt. I know everybody thinks they can plug in Jimmy and smoothly glide along but I don't think so. Pittsburgh can easily win a very weak AFCN div and make a SB run. They have been really inconsistent but I think Le'Veon Bell is back in top form again and that gives them what they need. Houston will probably take the south but I don't know if they will make any noise in the play-offs. Denver looked good beating Dallas but they looked awful last night. I don't know what to think of them. Maybe we will see better when they play KC. Jax has impressed but they don't have a QB.

Wouldn't be shocked to see a rematch of SB XL. Then again, wouldn't be surprised to see a Chiefs/ Redskins match-up. Hell, anything is possible.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I a crack pot if I think the Rams might be the best team in the NFC by year's end ?? Lol

No. NFC is a wide open race for HFA with Philly ahead at the moment but anything can happen. Lot's of football yet to be played.