• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Parity.....The 2017/18 version

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this may be the very first season where there is definite NFL parity. I do not think there is a clear favorite for the Superbowl this year. I do believe the strongest conference is the AFC but not by much.

1. Going into the season there was talk about the Patriots going undefeated. That was squashed in week one and I have not been impressed with them at all this season.

2. Early into the season the Broncos were in the mix and maybe they still are but after their performance to the Giants who knows.

3. The Cowboys were one of the SB favorites. It would not be shocking to me if they don't make the playoffs. The Elliot off field issues are taking it's toll and I think the defense is just horrible.

4. The Falcons lost a 20 point lead to the Dolphins. Enough said.

5. The Giants were picked but some their injuries will be too much IMO. I think the win against the Broncos may be more of the Broncos taking them too lightly because on paper they are the better team but that is why they play the games.

5. The Eagles were picked to finish 3rd or last in the division by most pundits. They now sit atop the NFC with the best record. I think they are still weak in the secondary and that could be their downfall.

6. The Packers chances died with the Rodgers injury.

7. The Steelers may be back. They looked good defensively against the Chiefs. Got a couple lucky bounces and a bad decision by Andy Reid.....he should have kicked a field goal when he had the chance near the end of the game instead of going for it on 4th.

8. The Raiders? Looks like the wheels are falling off.

9. What Redskins team will show up. The team that was impressive recently or the team that squeaked by a bad Niners team.

10. I still think the Chiefs are the best team in the NFL right now but they are not the dominate team.

Say what you will about the season but as a fan of football it is fun to watch this season unfold.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are superbowl favorites

Dude you are nuts and that is coming from an Eagles fan. Please tell me that was a scarcastic post. :suds: I don't think they are good enough yet to get to the Superbowl let alone win it.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans cant beat the Chiefs - Chiefs cant beat the Steelers, Steelers cant beat the Pats.....

Whats this all mean in the AFC? No idea

The NFC is so truly wide open now.......By default, I would have had the Packers as the favorite, just because I didnt really love anyone...Now id say its truly wide open, and Im starting to love this Saints team, who all of a sudden, play some stingy defense and have a lotta winnable games on the schedule......

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you are nuts and that is coming from an Eagles fan. Please tell me that was a scarcastic post. :suds: I don't think they are good enough yet to get to the Superbowl let alone win it.

What NFC team do you see as clearly better than them?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol yea sarcasm. I do think they will end up with HFA in the NFC though. Not sure if they make the superbowl but I'm expecting them to finish with the best record in the NFC

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What NFC team do you see as clearly better than them?

Clearly? No one. However if I was to pick someone to come out of the NFC I am going to pick the best defensive team and go with Seattle.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly? No one. However if I was to pick someone to come out of the NFC I am going to pick the best defensive team and go with Seattle.

I tell you this, I agree ONLY if you have to go THROUGH Seattle

You get that game in Philly? Id expect them to beat Seattle, Seattle is not a good road team in January

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this may be the very first season where there is definite NFL parity. I do not think there is a clear favorite for the Superbowl this year. I do believe the strongest conference is the AFC but not by much.

1. Going into the season there was talk about the Patriots going undefeated. That was squashed in week one and I have not been impressed with them at all this season.

2. Early into the season the Broncos were in the mix and maybe they still are but after their performance to the Giants who knows.

3. The Cowboys were one of the SB favorites. It would not be shocking to me if they don't make the playoffs. The Elliot off field issues are taking it's toll and I think the defense is just horrible.

4. The Falcons lost a 20 point lead to the Dolphins. Enough said.

5. The Giants were picked but some their injuries will be too much IMO. I think the win against the Broncos may be more of the Broncos taking them too lightly because on paper they are the better team but that is why they play the games.

5. The Eagles were picked to finish 3rd or last in the division by most pundits. They now sit atop the NFC with the best record. I think they are still weak in the secondary and that could be their downfall.

6. The Packers chances died with the Rodgers injury.

7. The Steelers may be back. They looked good defensively against the Chiefs. Got a couple lucky bounces and a bad decision by Andy Reid.....he should have kicked a field goal when he had the chance near the end of the game instead of going for it on 4th.

8. The Raiders? Looks like the wheels are falling off.

9. What Redskins team will show up. The team that was impressive recently or the team that squeaked by a bad Niners team.

10. I still think the Chiefs are the best team in the NFL right now but they are not the dominate team.

Say what you will about the season but as a fan of football it is fun to watch this season unfold.

I've said more than once...this is the season to make the dance...we don't know what the health of these teams will look like in JAN, but the view from the top of either conference is not very clear...you make the playoffs and get hot...who knows...may get a wildcard SB winner this year.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You get that game in Philly? Id expect them to beat Seattle, Seattle is not a good road team in January

Good point and something I can agree with.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was true before the season and I'll say it now:

The Steelers could look like the most impotent, incompetent, and otherwise helpless as a team, and I'd still fear the Steelers in the AFC more than I do the Patriots, Raiders, Broncos or what have you. That team straight up owns us.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was true before the season and I'll say it now:

The Steelers could look like the most impotent, incompetent, and otherwise helpless as a team, and I'd still fear the Steelers in the AFC more than I do the Patriots, Raiders, Broncos or what have you. That team straight up owns us.

chiefs 17-3 against teams not names the steelers, since 2015

0-3 vs the steelers

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chiefs 17-3 against teams not names the steelers, since 2015

0-3 vs the steelers
Pretty much...

I just want the Chiefs O-line to get healthy. That was really tough to watch between Fulton with the yakety-sax moment and Erving (who we supposedly had labeled as an OT, why is he out there?) and Witzman getting pummeled repeatedly.

Hill apparently dodged a concussion so that's nice I guess.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beware the Rams. A Gurley gaff away from beating Seattle and a tough team on both sides of the ball.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beware the Rams. A Gurley gaff away from beating Seattle and a tough team on both sides of the ball.

On their way for sure, id be surprised if they made noise this year, I think Goff has some growing to do

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is a good road team in January?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goff was not good the last 2 weeks but he played two of the best pass defenses in football. I'll be interested to see how he does against the Cards this weekend.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for who the best team in football is, who cares? It's October.

We won't know who the best teams are until late November.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is a good road team in January?

Good point, Homefield definitely most of the battle in either conference

BUT the only 2 teams i would automatically put in the SB if they got Homefield?

Seattle and New England

Those are the only 2 i wouldnt see losing at home in January

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent post OP.

Make the playoffs and win three in a row...or four and you're the SB Champs.