• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL...Not Patriots News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually go to bed at 9:00 but have been staying up with wife to watch all our new streaming products.
I'll stay up for at least the 1st half
You two can agree on what to watch? When I remodeled the house I made her a Dive Den complete with Klipsch The Sixes Bluetooth Speakers and a TV should she desire. She can watch all that Vampire DC Comics crap in there

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two can agree on what to watch? When I remodeled the house I made her a Dive Den complete with Klipsch The Sixes Bluetooth Speakers and a TV should she desire. She can watch all that Vampire DC Comics crap in there
I don't have any problem with wife at night.
During the daytime, she watches all those stupid ghost shows while I'm not iusing TV.
I still have to listen to it. I'm losing brain cells!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually snoring by 9:05. I will watch the first half of this game. If the Niners do what I'm expecting, that'll be all I will be able to take. If it's a game, I may tape it and have my coffee watching the finish tomorrow morning.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure I typed Diva Den I but I guess not. While my hand surgery was not an issue there is still a lack of finger dexterity and things like typing are a challenge.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 373849

He’s lost a lot of weight.

Still going to call him Fat Matt.
x-men origins wolverine GIF

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-2 Start with this team isn't a good way to keep a job.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty easy to change things .............................

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Previous story would not transfer. It was about all of the changes that teams would have made in the 2023 Draft if they were drafting today.

I tried to copy and paste but it had more than 12,000 characters.

It's out there if you hunt hard enough.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some very interesting stats.

Through the first TWO games of the 2024 Season (ALL TEAMS):

69 TD passes thrown - FEWEST since 2006 (18 years)
7.1 Average Pass yardage gained - Fewest since 2009 (15 years)
49% of plays have been runs - Fewest since 2007 (17 years)

Conclusion: NFL QBs are throwing more passes for less yards and teams running the ball are gaining more yard per game running the ball than they are throwing the ball. While the league has become more of a passing league, running the ball in 2024 after two games is more successful.

This was revealed this morning on ESPN while the three commentators were discussing the Patriots vs Jets tonight.

Steven A. Smith is syrup and sugar and spice about Aaron Rogers and the Jets offense. One guy opposing him says that the Jets do not have elite WRs and Garrett Wilson is Rogers "go to". Gonzalez will neutralize, if not take him out of the game. The Safety tandem will neutralize Breece Hall coming out of the backfield and the Patriots secondary has already shown that they are up to the task of handling four or five wide outs. He laughed and said "Metcalf screw up excepted".

Smith says that the Jets will roll
Other guy says that Keion White may well be the next Aaron Donald and Aaron Rogers will feel his age tonight.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some very interesting stats.

Through the first TWO games of the 2024 Season (ALL TEAMS):

69 TD passes thrown - FEWEST since 2006 (18 years)
7.1 Average Pass yardage gained - Fewest since 2009 (15 years)
49% of plays have been runs - Fewest since 2007 (17 years)

Conclusion: NFL QBs are throwing more passes for less yards and teams running the ball are gaining more yard per game running the ball than they are throwing the ball. While the league has become more of a passing league, running the ball in 2024 after two games is more successful.

This was revealed this morning on ESPN while the three commentators were discussing the Patriots vs Jets tonight.

Steven A. Smith is syrup and sugar and spice about Aaron Rogers and the Jets offense. One guy opposing him says that the Jets do not have elite WRs and Garrett Wilson is Rogers "go to". Gonzalez will neutralize, if not take him out of the game. The Safety tandem will neutralize Breece Hall coming out of the backfield and the Patriots secondary has already shown that they are up to the task of handling four or five wide outs. He laughed and said "Metcalf screw up excepted".

Smith says that the Jets will roll
Other guy says that Keion White may well be the next Aaron Donald and Aaron Rogers will feel his age tonight.
Two games is too small of a sample size that might be explained by one less preseason game and less action in training camp. Let's revisit these stats around Thanksgiving time.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two games is too small of a sample size that might be explained by one less preseason game and less action in training camp. Let's revisit these stats around Thanksgiving time.
Someone took the time to go back 18 years to find such low numbers for the first two games of the season. Something always compels someone to what they do. Think about that. To call up the statistics of the first two games of the past 18 years to find something equal to today. It has nothing to do with sample size, it's a direct comparison to two equal objects over a distinct period of time.

I don't have the ability or the time to go back to compare stats for the first three games of every season back to 2006, 2000, or 1995 to see where there is a fit or a doesn't fit, let alone do it for 12 or 13 games.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone took the time to go back 18 years to find such low numbers for the first two games of the season. Something always compels someone to what they do. Think about that. To call up the statistics of the first two games of the past 18 years to find something equal to today. It has nothing to do with sample size, it's a direct comparison to two equal objects over a distinct period of time.

I don't have the ability or the time to go back to compare stats for the first three games of every season back to 2006, 2000, or 1995 to see where there is a fit or a doesn't fit, let alone do it for 12 or 13 games.
Regardless if a trend is a small sample size, it is still a trend.
Trends are very important in any business - even football.
If you see a trend, you need to get out front of it or at least acknowledge it.

If something is working, great! Use it.
If it is going downhill, better start looking for a solution.......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise...................................

Seahawks, Vikings, Chiefs and Steelers are all 3-0 this morning.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise...................................

Seahawks, Vikings, Chiefs and Steelers are all 3-0 this morning.
Vikings and Steelers are playing well. Seahawks are lucky and Chiefs are getting all the calls from the refs.
Just an opinion.......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs are getting all the calls from the refs.
Just an opinion.......
I read an article back in April where the author felt that believed that the Chiefs would have everything go their way and get that three peat Lombardi. He mentioned that the HOF committee would never give Kraft the votes he needed to get in and believes that Goodell is behind it.

Like I always say, everything depends on what side of the fence that you're standing. Stand on the NE side of the fence and you can argue everything that's ever gone against them. Stand on the other side and you believe that they always cheated to win.

You don't think that suspending Brady for four games and the Patriots still winning the SB didn't sizzle Goodell?

People forget that he's a loyal Jets fan. He was the Jets' team lawyer when BB jumped ship from NY to NE.