• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL...Not Patriots News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pumps a ton of confidence in this team.

Let's not endanger our number one draft pick. Let's tank the season right off the bat.

Hell, I'd start Milton. Of course, I would have kept Zappe and cut Brissett, just based on preseason performances.
Not sure I agree, I was never caught up in the Zappa hype. Brissett is a seasoned vet the only one at this position on the squad, keeping him and the two rooks makes a lot of sense to me.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pumps a ton of confidence in this team.

Let's not endanger our number one draft pick. Let's tank the season right off the bat.

Hell, I'd start Milton. Of course, I would have kept Zappe and cut Brissett, just based on preseason performances.
Zappe is a distraction. How much of the Mac drama was contributed by him? Don't know but likely some. He's not the future, best to leave that noise behind.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don’t agree with this decision. Let’s not start the better player? Football is a gamble on every play that you might get hurt. How do you think the rest of the team feels about sitting the better player at the most valuable position…. They all want to win. Maye gives them a better chance to win. Keeping your fingers crossed the OLineman get better. What if the current guys we have don’t? Do we sit him another year until we get that good olineman? Let him play. Let him learn. Maybe we have this year’s Stroud.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t agree with this decision. Let’s not start the better player? Football is a gamble on every play that you might get hurt. How do you think the rest of the team feels about sitting the better player at the most valuable position…. They all want to win. Maye gives them a better chance to win. Keeping your fingers crossed the OLineman get better. What if the current guys we have don’t? Do we sit him another year until we get that good olineman? Let him play. Let him learn. Maybe we have this year’s Stroud.
Wee no one here was at all the practices so we don't really know. Pre Season defense are very vanilla teams aren't showing anything. Jacoby has a ton more exp at reading those defenses so IMO he is the logical choice

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wee no one here was at all the practices so we don't really know. Pre Season defense are very vanilla teams aren't showing anything. Jacoby has a ton more exp at reading those defenses so IMO he is the logical choice

Ok…. How about Coach Mayo saying he out performed him. He was there I believe??????? Is that better????

And you are correct. Defenses are vanilla and Brissett sucked ass against them. Against those same vanilla defenses Maye did pretty well.

Nothing like Tanking right off the bat. You don’t start the better player… that’s tanking. Good job Coach Mayo. Starting off with some great coaching

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok…. How about Coach Mayo saying he out performed him. He was there I believe??????? Is that better????

And you are correct. Defenses are vanilla and Brissett sucked ass against them. Against those same vanilla defenses Maye did pretty well.

Nothing like Tanking right off the bat. You don’t start the better player… that’s tanking. Good job Coach Mayo. Starting off with some great coaching
And when did Mayo say Maye out performed Brissett? I specifically heard him say he felt Jacoby gave them the best chance to win now. IMO this translates to the more experienced QB gives us the best shot. I would be fine with Maye starting but I think the coaches are addressing exp and lack of exp at this level

Yes preseason defenses are vanilla and starters normally play one maybe two series, and those were the series Jacoby was out there.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when did Mayo say Maye out performed Brissett?

IMG_4325.jpeg

I like Brissett. Always have. He’s an average at best QB. Yes.. Mayo knows much more than I ever will. But Drake past my eye test. I don’t even remember Brissett completing a pass all preseason. Drake had several plays that stood out. I just feel Drake is a better QB and should get the start.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 372473

I like Brissett. Always have. He’s an average at best QB. Yes.. Mayo knows much more than I ever will. But Drake past my eye test. I don’t even remember Brissett completing a pass all preseason. Drake had several plays that stood out. I just feel Drake is a better QB and should get the start.
So since when is closing the gap out performing that means he had a gap to close. The weekly appearance comment refers to the week, sure maybe there was a week or two when Maye looked better, but he still lack EXP

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye looked better, but he still lack EXP

And how does one get EXPERIENCE? By playing. Not holding a clipboard. Let’s have Maye take reps with the 2nd and 3rd stringers. Not bond and get the feel of the better players we have.

I can watch someone show me things over and over. The only way I can do it and get better is to do it myself. Hands on. Not watch.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how does one get EXPERIENCE? By playing. Not holding a clipboard. Let’s have Maye take reps with the 2nd and 3rd stringers. Not bond and get the feel of the better players we have.

I can watch someone show me things over and over. The only way I can do it and get better is to do it myself. Hands on. Not watch.
Our O-line is a work in progress. If it gels, put Maye in.
He won't learn anything if he dies in game #1
Here Charlie, disarm this bomb, I'll watch from way over there. Got to learn sometime!

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here Charlie, disarm this bomb, I'll watch from way over there. Got to learn sometime!

Football is a big boy game. People get hurt all the time. Doesn’t matter how good/bad the line is. Brady got hurt and was lost an entire season with Matt Light.. Logan Mankin and Dan Koppen. Pretty damn good lineman. Shit happens. Let’s sit a guy who the Patriots spent a high pick on. Do we have him 4 or 5 years? Let’s waste 25-20 % of his contract because we are afraid he will get hurt. I guess the Patriots should have drafted an OT with pick 3 and build a solid line before we draft a QB?

Cut the blue wire! Simple as that. No boom.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is a big boy game. People get hurt all the time. Doesn’t matter how good/bad the line is. Brady got hurt and was lost an entire season with Matt Light.. Logan Mankin and Dan Koppen. Pretty damn good lineman. Shit happens. Let’s sit a guy who the Patriots spent a high pick on. Do we have him 4 or 5 years? Let’s waste 25-20 % of his contract because we are afraid he will get hurt. I guess the Patriots should have drafted an OT with pick 3 and build a solid line before we draft a QB?

It's more like - Let's sit our best QB because others say don't rush him. If he's the best, it isn't rushing him. They need to coach like he's a rookie QB, not sit him because he's a rookie QB.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true, but what if the O-line does not gel? Do they wait indefinitely for that to happen?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree with this. What, exactly, is Maye supposed to learn from Brissett? How to get sacked? How to overthrow receivers?
In the few series we saw, Maye reads the pocket better, has much more mobility and a better arm. I’m not fully onboard with the playing scared strategy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a lot of ways to gain exp at this level and yes holding the clip board is one of them. Along with practice, film study, coaching etc. Look I feel this team will start 0-5 maybe 1-4 if that happens I feel Maye will get the call but for now the coaching staff feel Brissett is the best option. They all know and have seen more than any of us. We don't have to like the decision we do have to live with it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can argue this all day and still never convince the other side that you're correct.

The arguments for both sides depend on the QB being able to assume his position and play it flawlessly.
Then comes the caveat. He "MUST" have an offensive line that can give him no less than three seconds of time to check down at least three WR and get rid of the ball. The ideal circumstance would be for the QB to be able to step forward in the pocket and create four and half seconds while checking down five WRs and throwing the ball to the one with greatest separation or who has broken free of coverage. At this time, the Patriots OL is completely un known because two unknowns have been added to the mix. We all know that the OL at the end of the 2024 preseason could not stop backups and scrubs from getting to the QB. So what the hell are they going to do against starters and All-Pros?? Are the two OTs that they picked up better than what they already had??

So let's stop with the insults and name calling. If you want to do that, find a politics thread. I've never seen about 90% of you anywhere but here. There are some professional assholes in the politics threads who would love to smother a rookie.