• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL...Not Patriots News

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can argue this all day and still never convince the other side that you're correct

So let's stop with the insults and name calling. If you want to do that, find a politics thread. I've never seen about 90% of you anywhere but here. There are some professional assholes in the politics threads who would love to smother a rookie.

Uh…….. where are the insults and name callings?? I’ve looked at the last 10 pages and saw not 1. I’ve been good at biting my tongue lately. And it’s been really difficult. I could start right now if you’d like.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Patriots should have drafted an OT with pick 3 and build a solid line before we draft a QB?

Cut the blue wire! Simple as that. No boom.

Didn't know we could get 5 good linemen from that pick
Happychuck said AN OT, which would be singular.

I was thinking trade back and pick up a couple picks. Which would be two. There were quite a number of reportedly really good O linemen in last years draft.

To expound further, with real commitment, they may have turned the #3 in to maybe a couple of late 1st's and a 2nd or inversely a 1st and a couple of 2nd's to be used on a few or three OT's or guards.

From there we graduate to several. This is generally 4 or more. While they probably could have dedicated picks already in their arsenal or maybe traded up, it would have probably been more difficult to justify.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of ways to gain exp at this level and yes holding the clip board is one of them. Along with practice, film study, coaching etc. Look I feel this team will start 0-5 maybe 1-4 if that happens I feel Maye will get the call but for now the coaching staff feel Brissett is the best option. They all know and have seen more than any of us. We don't have to like the decision we do have to live with it.
#1 pick's don't fall from trees...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happychuck said AN OT, which would be singular.

I was thinking trade back and pick up a couple picks. Which would be two. There were quite a number of reportedly really good O linemen in last years draft.

To expound further, with real commitment, they may have turned the #3 in to maybe a couple of late 1st's and a 2nd or inversely a 1st and a couple of 2nd's to be used on a few or three OT's or guards.

From there we graduate to several. This is generally 4 or more. While they probably could have dedicated picks already in their arsenal or maybe traded up, it would have probably been more difficult to justify.
My comment was directed at the state of our line and the need to remove the weakest link, which is most of it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhm...what?

The season is only 13 games?

That's 4.9.
Which is stupid. It's either 4 or it's 5.

And Carolina at 5.4...Yet they are slotted below new England?
I guess what the article is saying and I should have been more clear, is that the Pats will get between 4-9 wins. I think that's generous I see 2 to 4 wins at best.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what the article is saying and I should have been more clear, is that the Pats will get between 4-9 wins. I think that's generous I see 2 to 4 wins at best.
So the Chiefs will get between 11 and 1 ?

And the 9ers will straight up get 11 ?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if anyone cares, but......................

Unranked Boston College beat 10th ranked Florida State last night 28-13.

Direct TV has lost ESPN because they're bickering over pricing. Had watch the game on YouTube TV.

FSU is 0-2 to start and dropped out of the top 25. BC still isn't ranked.