• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL...Not Patriots News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they are starting already.........................

Injuries are part of the game but getting them in practice during week one of camp is not the way to start.

Justin Herbert is out for at least four weeks with Plantar Fascia.
DeAndre Hopkins is out for four to six weeks with a severely twisted knee. MRIs verified that there was no damage to the ACL,MCL or meniscus.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they are starting already.........................

Injuries are part of the game but getting them in practice during week one of camp is not the way to start.

Justin Herbert is out for at least four weeks with Plantar Fascia.
DeAndre Hopkins is out for four to six weeks with a severely twisted knee. MRIs verified that there was no damage to the ACL,MCL or meniscus.
Well...one way to avoid injuries in training camp and preseason would be to jump straight into games.

A 24 game season with the first game the first day of training camp.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...one way to avoid injuries in training camp and preseason would be to jump straight into games.

A 24 game season with the first game the first day of training camp.
Seems more like a recipe for injury.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think?

But at least it wouldn't be a training camp injury.
Conditioning training camp is necessary but I'd agree less contact practices and more games would be a concept worthy of at least wondering a bit.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conditioning training camp is necessary
It's also up to every player to stay in shape. It's their means of an excellent living in a dangerous sport.

Every player should at least be doing extensive stretching every other day. Not building up arm strength by picking up BBQ ribs three times a week.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also up to every player to stay in shape. It's their means of an excellent living in a dangerous sport.

Every player should at least be doing extensive stretching every other day. Not building up arm strength by picking up BBQ ribs three times a week.
It is impossible to stay in game shape by staying ih good pysical condition.
Your muscles (and other things) must get the same intensity from hitting or from mid-acceleration changes, etc. that you can't get just from working out.
I remember in motocross, being in perfect condition after a layoff and having my arms lock up in 1st race.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easiest way for any lineman to stay in shape is to strap a large tire or two together hook them to a backpack and just drag them. They can create a similar blocking action by stopping and starting as fast as they can. Skill players need to stretch as much as possible. I was watching players on the Ravens at camp. They had several guys cheating and the coach called them and made them run laps. They probably won't make the squad, only cheating themselves by half assing stretching exercises.

No one can fully get into game shape until they start hitting. But getting into the best physical condition before camp help the body get into game shape quicker and without physical risk or damage.

Basically, no one can just sit on their ass from January until August and expect to not suffer the consequences.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easiest way for any lineman to stay in shape is to strap a large tire or two together hook them to a backpack and just drag them. They can create a similar blocking action by stopping and starting as fast as they can. Skill players need to stretch as much as possible. I was watching players on the Ravens at camp. They had several guys cheating and the coach called them and made them run laps. They probably won't make the squad, only cheating themselves by half assing stretching exercises.

No one can fully get into game shape until they start hitting. But getting into the best physical condition before camp help the body get into game shape quicker and without physical risk or damage.

Basically, no one can just sit on their ass from January until August and expect to not suffer the consequences.
However, sitting for a few weeks to a month after the season before resuming training can actually help.
Cross training can actually help too, especially before the new season.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, sitting for a few weeks to a month after the season before resuming training can actually help.
Cross training can actually help too, especially before the new season.....
There is a lot to be said about over training. The only way muscles grow is through rest otherwise those tiny fibers never heal and can't grow.

Cross training is the key.

I don't believe any of these players sit on the couch for four months. Do may not do enough or train wrong. That's sad as they have some of the best facilities and trainers at their disposal. I'd love to have such a tough life.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's sad as they have some of the best facilities and trainers at their disposal.
As much bad shit is said and printed about the antique facilities at Foxboro, a large number of players choose to live in Mass., NH or RI so they can take advantage of the weight room and trainers.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot to be said about over training. The only way muscles grow is through rest otherwise those tiny fibers never heal and can't grow.

Cross training is the key.

I don't believe any of these players sit on the couch for four months. Do may not do enough or train wrong. That's sad as they have some of the best facilities and trainers at their disposal. I'd love to have such a tough life.
I have said and thought so many times since my pro career ended,
"If I only knew then what I know now"
I was very good but I was a young man.......:noidea:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much bad shit is said and printed about the antique facilities at Foxboro, a large number of players choose to live in Mass., NH or RI so they can take advantage of the weight room and trainers.
The weight rooms are fine I'm guessing. Just maybe not as modern and large as some of the newer stadiums.

Further, I'm sure even the lowest paid players have no problem investing in a gym membership. They probably don't get charged as it's good publicity for the business.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conditioning training camp is necessary but I'd agree less contact practices and more games would be a concept worthy of at least wondering a bit.
I disagree. More injuries from more games with less training camp to get the body used to getting hit. Running, Jumping, resistance training, swimming whatever in the off season will keep up the cardio and strength, but it is not the same as getting hit by a 250 lb man moving just as fast as he can.

I was being facetious.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weight rooms are fine I'm guessing. Just maybe not as modern and large as some of the newer stadiums.

Further, I'm sure even the lowest paid players have no problem investing in a gym membership. They probably don't get charged as it's good publicity for the business.
Players avoid public gyms.
Public is a nuisance when you are trying to work out and public wants to ask questions, ask for kicks, ask for tickets!
Better to set up a gym in your house for when you do not want to go to the training facility......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone other than me watch the Chiefs vs Jags last night?? No starters. Jags ripped them a new a-hole.

Reid apparently didn't tell his ST Coach to inform the Special Teams of the new kick off rules. Jags kicked off and the Chiefs let the ball bounce. Hardman the receiver knelt down in the end zone and rolled the ball back to himself and stayed on one knee. The new rules explicitly say that any kickoff ball is live in the "Zone" between the goal and the twenty. Hardman was holding a live ball and the officials blew the whistle. OOooopppsss.

Then they spotted the ball at the 30 and the Jags coach was having a stroke on the sidelines and was screaming the rules at the officials. The officials held a pow-wow and the Ref called for a replay. He didn't need a replay, he needed to talk to whoever was at NFL HQ and get the ruling correct.

It took maybe ten seconds and he walked back out and announced. "After review, the receiver brought the ball back from a live position into the end zone. According to the new rules, it's a SAFETY!" Score was 18-10 and now was adjusted to 20-10. Jags beat the Chiefs 26-20.

One very interesting side note. Jags have a every interesting back-up QB. Guy was throwing all over the field. Power, speed and accuracy. His play was simply amazing. Never in his three years with the Patriots did he look like this even once. Yep Mac Jones lit it up. Game will be replayed on the NFL Network sometime between now and Thursday. Don't watch. You will wonder where the f*ck this Mac Jones was when he was with the Patriots.
It will turn your stomach.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone other than me watch the Chiefs vs Jags last night?? No starters. Jags ripped them a new a-hole.

Reid apparently didn't tell his ST Coach to inform the Special Teams of the new kick off rules. Jags kicked off and the Chiefs let the ball bounce. Hardman the receiver knelt down in the end zone and rolled the ball back to himself and stayed on one knee. The new rules explicitly say that any kickoff ball is live in the "Zone" between the goal and the twenty. Hardman was holding a live ball and the officials blew the whistle. OOooopppsss.

Then they spotted the ball at the 30 and the Jags coach was having a stroke on the sidelines and was screaming the rules at the officials. The officials held a pow-wow and the Ref called for a replay. He didn't need a replay, he needed to talk to whoever was at NFL HQ and get the ruling correct.

It took maybe ten seconds and he walked back out and announced. "After review, the receiver brought the ball back from a live position into the end zone. According to the new rules, it's a SAFETY!" Score was 18-10 and now was adjusted to 20-10. Jags beat the Chiefs 26-20.

One very interesting side note. Jags have a every interesting back-up QB. Guy was throwing all over the field. Power, speed and accuracy. His play was simply amazing. Never in his three years with the Patriots did he look like this even once. Yep Mac Jones lit it up. Game will be replayed on the NFL Network sometime between now and Thursday. Don't watch. You will wonder where the f*ck this Mac Jones was when he was with the Patriots.
Wake me up when Mac does that in a game that matters. Better yet, he's not on my team so just let me snooze. Panicking about past decisions is a guarantee of future indecisions.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This new kick off rule is absolutely the dumbest thing the rules committee has ever come up with.