• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL...Not Patriots News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks in here also write like this was the first time it's happened in 2023.
I had a good laugh last night, bantering with a good friend who happens to be from Topeka Kansas and is a huge Chiefs fan.

I did have the opportunity to rib him a little bit and aside from his initial response of "Yeah but Tom Brady..." followed quickly by "Yeah, but the Patriots...".
No muthafuckah, we're talking about Mahommes and the Chiefs.

He then pivoted to "This is the first time Offensive Offsides has been called in 11 years"

Hence my good laugh. But he was adamant, accusing me of suffering CTE or something. He truly believed it. Until I sent him a Fox Sports link showing it has been called 13 times this year.

Haa!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want to know why i do not like you? Literally one of my very first posts was about Brady cutting his hand on Woodheads helmet in practice and I said the cut was “gushing blood”… a direct quote from an article I read. You jumped all over me… “Really!?! Gushing blood… you need to do your homework before posting on here.” Went on to tell me I was wrong and didn’t know what I was talking about. I posted the article and you just shrugged it off. That’s why I ALWAYS POST THE ARTICLE OR INSTAGRAM OR TWEET I READ. Because you were an asshole from day1. So I made it my goal to prove you wrong every time I can. Maybe it’s petty… I don’t care. I just don’t like you. Never have… never will.
Just go Agholor on him.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN, the league is investigating whether or not Mahomes tirade on the field and his screaming comments were directed at an official who was being hindered leaving the field.

Later is was reported by ESPN that Mahomes has apologized to the world for his tirade and "Insensitive comments" to Josh Allen after the game.

League deciding whether or not to fine Andy Reid for his "officials' comments after the game.
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers QB Justin Herbert fractured his ring finger on his throwing hand in Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos.

He had surgery to repair the damage today. It's estimated that he will miss two three games.

Some reports say that should the Chargers lose another game, he will not be back until next year. If I owned a 5-8 team and my franchise QB had surgery on the Tuesday before game 14, I would not risk any chance of having that hand take any further abuse this year. Join me in the Owner's box and we'll discuss what you think you may need next year.
If I were Bill and or Bob I would be all over that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs have a legitimate complaint if the usual protocol wasn't used. Especially if they let it slide earlier only to not when it mattered most. But he did it and did it egregiously so every complaint should include acceptance they lost control first. The league is known to play game through the officials. Deflategate was an example of that and this smells of a similar stink.

However, no tears for the Chiefs.
I officiated youth and HS football. I and other officials always said something to any player who was close to the line or did something that could have been flagged. 9 out of 10 times the kid said "thank you" usually followed by "I won't do it again" and they didn't.

In my gut, I think that Toney was warned or a comment was made to him by one or both side judges and he refused to look over at them when he lined up. No one, especially that official knew what was going to happen on the play. Like I said, in my gut, I think the official saw him lined up way over the ball and said, "You won't look at me and check after i told you not to line up over the ball." Pulled the flag before the ball was even in Mahomes' hands.

We'll never know.

The Chiefs don't have any legitimate complaint. If a lineman gets away with grabbibg a shirt 25 times but gets called on the last play of the game because it's so flagrant and he stops the defensive player from getting a sack on a 4th and 10 and the Ref. throws a flag, does the offensive team have a legitimate complaint? What if the league demands that officials call every violation on every play and if they don't the entire crew will be terminated. How enjoyable would a game be? Rules are rules. If the rule is broken, there is a penalty to be paid.

I admit that I loved seeing the Chiefs get that play called back and enjoyed it even more for such a stupid violation. I'm certainly not a Bills' fan but the Chirfs have gotten away with so much crap over the past five years, it's time that other teams get some of the breaks that the Chiefs feel "entitled" too.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs have a legitimate complaint if the usual protocol wasn't used. Especially if they let it slide earlier only to not when it mattered most. But he did it and did it egregiously so every complaint should include acceptance they lost control first. The league is known to play game through the officials. Deflategate was an example of that and this smells of a similar stink.

However, no tears for the Chiefs.
They have a complaint, but not a legitimate one.

I travel 101st Blvd on my way to and from work every day two lanes each direction, with a wide grass median. 55 mph speed limit but many routinely travel 70 or more. There is a Clarksville PD cruiser that is going the other direction almost every day. He pulled me over on day.
Yeah, but you've clocked me going 70 before and I didn't get a warning is not a legitimate excuse.
Yeah, but lots of other people are doing it is not a legitimate excuse either.

As the ref explained, they are not required to give warnings, but the player is required to line up behind the ball.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I would love to block him but his posts fuel my anger. Plus they make me laugh for various reasons. It’s like watching a huge car pile up. You want to look away but can’t.
Capacity to choose
  • Response-ability is the capacity to choose. Out of many possible responses, I can always choose the one I make. Response-ability is remembering to be in charge and make careful, thought-out choices.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a complaint, but not a legitimate one.

I travel 101st Blvd on my way to and from work every day two lanes each direction, with a wide grass median. 55 mph speed limit but many routinely travel 70 or more. There is a Clarksville PD cruiser that is going the other direction almost every day. He pulled me over on day.
Yeah, but you've clocked me going 70 before and I didn't get a warning is not a legitimate excuse.
Yeah, but lots of other people are doing it is not a legitimate excuse either.

As the ref explained, they are not required to give warnings, but the player is required to line up behind the ball.
Here in Georgia, you won't get a ticket for driving with traffic.
I routinely drive 77 in a 70 and don't pay attention to cops unless they have their lights on.
They are very picky about moving over or slowing down for emergency vehicles.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capacity to choose
  • Response-ability is the capacity to choose. Out of many possible responses, I can always choose the one I make. Response-ability is remembering to be in charge and make careful, thought-out choices.

What I said was a thought out choice. It’s how I feel about him. Nothing will change that thought. I’m sure everyone here has met someone… worked with someone…or chatted online with someone they just do not like. It’s just how it is.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I said was a thought out choice. It’s how I feel about him. Nothing will change that thought. I’m sure everyone here has met someone… worked with someone…or chatted online with someone they just do not like. It’s just how it is.
Amen. Not about the person you don't like, but your choice to not like and still coexist. I'm a little different in I do like the guy, despite being rubbed the wrong way at times.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While working for the Marine Corps in Okinawa, my boss hired a guy that I did not get along with.
I was his superior so I needed to get along with him.
I tried hard and he just did not want to get along with me.
I stayed professional and treated him with respect.
It took a year but I "won him over" He was eventually deployed back to the states.
He ended up sponsoring me for NAVFAC training that helped me move over to NAVFAC.
We do not have contact anymore but I turned a person that hated me into an ally.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in Georgia, you won't get a ticket for driving with traffic.
I routinely drive 77 in a 70 and don't pay attention to cops unless they have their lights on.
They are very picky about moving over or slowing down for emergency vehicles.
Pfft... I went by a trooper on 400 north of Cummings with my speedo buried. Literally could not see where the needle topped out at because it went behind the bottom of the gauge. I saw the cop and let off and by the time I coasted by I was still buried.
He looked up from his book and looked back down. I could tell because he had his dome light on.

But...not my point.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or better, go all DK all the time on him
Head Scratch What GIF by The Steve Wilkos Show