• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL...Not Patriots News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head Coach Andy Reid was livid after the game and said that the game was an embarrassment to the NFL. Not to him or his team, the NFL. I can't wait to see his press conference if it ever gets reshown. I'd like to know if he's complaining about the officiating. All of the calls that have always seemed to go his way, didn't. Fumble out of bounds was a first doen Buffalo. A Reid challenge stood as called on the field and he lost a timeout.
That's because he absolutely sucks as a coach. What did he ever win before he got to KC and the league helped him? What did he ever win without Mahomes?
Just kidding, I like Andy, but a lot of calls went his way don't seem to be. Happens to everyone. Not saying that particular call was wrong, by the sounds it wasn't, but the refs have screwed the pooch on a number of obvious calls this year.
Wonder what will come from Reid's tirade.
Nothing.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead 20-17.

KC got flagged on an incredible play where Mahomes hit Kelcie and Kelcie turned and thrw a pass to Toney who cruised into the end zone and they thought they had won the game. Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Toney was lined up in the neutral zone. He was actually looking back at the football standing in position. Or should I say standing out of position. Play is called back and it's 2nd and 15. KC never moved the ball.

Head Coach Andy Reid was livid after the game and said that the game was an embarrassment to the NFL. Not to him or his team, the NFL. I can't wait to see his press conference if it ever gets reshown. I'd like to know if he's complaining about the officiating. All of the calls that have always seemed to go his way, didn't. Fumble out of bounds was a first doen Buffalo. A Reid challenge stood as called on the field and he lost a timeout.

I rarely cheer for the Bills, but they overcame some brutal holding calls when the score was tied 17-17.

Wonder what will come from Reid's tirade.
I'm with the Chiefs on this one.
This is a call that is historicall not called.
They also could have given a warning.....
Remember also that the NFL is in New York and the Jets and Giants are toast.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes no sense.

1. The refs are not obligated to give a warning, and are we sure they were not given one earlier in the game? And if so how many are they suppose to get? I'll tell you, Zero.

2. You see WRs and TEs checking with the side judges all game long. WR, "Am I good"? Ref " Yes or Back up a littlle"

3. Historically not called b/c historically the WRs and TEs check with the side judge or it so marginal you can't really tell.. Toney appeared to be at least 1' past the line of scrimmage and again did not check. He didn't check b/c he was hoping to get an edge.

4. Please stop with the whole "The NFL is in New York whiney attitude it made no sense when you said eight years ago or the 800 times since.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having YouTubed it, I disagree.

I think the refs got it right.

A warning is not required, line up where you're supposed to line up. There are lines all up and down the field to give an indication. If you're unsure look to the ref for confirmation, or line up shallow rather than risk a penalty for your team. Pretty simple. The refs even said, not when you line up where we can't even see the ball. Defenses don't get warnings...

Furthermore, Mahommes screaming at the ref like that should have gotten him an unsportsmanlike conduct, and he should be fined for his toddler ass temper tantrum.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes no sense.

1. The refs are not obligated to give a warning, and are we sure they were not given one earlier in the game? And if so how many are they suppose to get? I'll tell you, Zero.

2. You see WRs and TEs checking with the side judges all game long. WR, "Am I good"? Ref " Yes or Back up a littlle"

3. Historically not called b/c historically the WRs and TEs check with the side judge or it so marginal you can't really tell.. Toney appeared to be at least 1' past the line of scrimmage and again did not check. He didn't check b/c he was hoping to get an edge.

4. Please stop with the whole "The NFL is in New York whiney attitude it made no sense when you said eight years ago or the 800 times since.
!. Correct
2. OK
3. Historically, refs have volunteered when this obviou
4. I will accept your "please stop" respectfully but I'm not going to stop.
I will also not defend my statement because that would drive you over the edge

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, refs have volunteered when this obvious
As I wrote previously:

Off. Offsides was called 1 time in 2021
Off. Offsides was called 2 times in 2022
Off. Offsides was called 11 times in 2023

Why is it being called 10X more in 2023? Because someone said something at the meetings. My guess is that someone like Belichick or Siriani asked why Jefferson or Hill or Metcalf gets warnings for being in the neutral zone, but defenses are constantly called. The answer is simple, "It's in the rule book and the book does not say that the offense gets warnings, but the defense does not."

'Call any blatant offsides and no more warnings to coaches' must have been the instruction to all officials. Either Reid didn't read it, or ignored it.

Tooney on the other hand, has been a problem all season. Size and speed. Questionable brain. He was wide open in the end zone and dropped a game winning TD earilier this season and cost the Chiefs that game. He cost them a critical game against the Bills. Mahomes doesn't have a full stable of high speed, talented WRs with oversized hands in 2023 like he's had for the past five years. Tooey never looked at the side judge and yet he thought seeing the ball behind him was okay.

All in all, it was a spectacular play that never was. Anyone remember Chris Jones lining up offsides against the Patriots on a 3rd down that gave TB12 a second chance to beat the Chiefs? Apparently the Chiefs don't learn from mistakes, especially playing on their side of the ball.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I wrote previously:

Why is it being called 10X more in 2023? Because someone said something at the meetings. My guess is that someone like Belichick or Siriani asked why Jefferson or Hill or Metcalf gets warnings for being in the neutral zone, but defenses are constantly called. The answer is simple, "It's in the rule book and the book does not say that the offense gets warnings, but the defense does not."

'Call any blatant offsides and no more warnings to coaches' must have been the instruction to all officials. Either Reid didn't read it, or ignored it.

Tooney on the other hand, has been a problem all season. Size and speed. Questionable brain. He was wide open in the end zone and dropped a game winning TD earilier this season and cost the Chiefs that game. He cost them a critical game against the Bills. Mahomes doesn't have a full stable of high speed, talented WRs with oversized hands in 2023 like he's had for the past five years. Tooey never looked at the side judge and yet he thought seeing the ball behind him was okay.

All in all, it was a spectacular play that never was. Anyone remember Chris Jones lining up offsides against the Patriots on a 3rd down that gave TB12 a second chance to beat the Chiefs? Apparently the Chiefs don't learn from mistakes, especially playing on their side of the ball.
"Ultimately, if they looked for alignment advice, certainly we are going to give it to them," referee Carl Cheffers told pool reporter Matt Derrick after the game.

Will they give that same courtesy to defense?

"But ultimately, they are responsible for wherever they line up.

This is all that is needed to be said. They, basically Toney and his coaches are responsible for his actions.

And, certainly, no warning is required, especially if they are lined up so far offsides where they're actually blocking our view of the ball. So, we would give them some sort of a warning if it was anywhere close, but this particular one is beyond a warning."

Yeah...Egregious.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I wrote previously:

Now why did you need to do that? I just took my winner back from that previous post just for you posting "As I previously posted". Why must you expect us to "memorize and worship" everything you post?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now why did you need to do that?
Believe it or not, people outside our little group drop in and only read a last page. That and I'm trying to make a point about how and why things have "changed". Some folks in here also write like this was the first time it's happened in 2023.

You're the only person who's ever mentioned "Memorize" or "worship". I've never asked anyone to do do anything such as that. You're taking this way out of context. Put me on "IGNORE" and my posts will never upset you again. Jeezzuzz, why do you and Charlie have to take everything so personal?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, people outside our little group drop in and only read a last page. That and I'm trying to make a point about how and why things have "changed". Some folks in here also write like this was the first time it's happened in 2023.

You're the only person who's ever mentioned "Memorize" or "worship". I've never asked anyone to do do anything such as that. You're taking this way out of context. Put me on "IGNORE" and my posts will never upset you again. Jeezzuzz, why do you and Charlie have to take everything so personal?
Their wives are mean to them.

No seriously, everybody here is a bit on edge because of this ugly season. We are not nice to each other!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My comment regarded the "as I posted earlier" and I probably got the context wrong - my apologies on that...

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me on "IGNORE" and my posts will never upset you again. Jeezzuzz, why do you and Charlie have to take everything so personal?

Do you want to know why i do not like you? Literally one of my very first posts was about Brady cutting his hand on Woodheads helmet in practice and I said the cut was “gushing blood”… a direct quote from an article I read. You jumped all over me… “Really!?! Gushing blood… you need to do your homework before posting on here.” Went on to tell me I was wrong and didn’t know what I was talking about. I posted the article and you just shrugged it off. That’s why I ALWAYS POST THE ARTICLE OR INSTAGRAM OR TWEET I READ. Because you were an asshole from day1. So I made it my goal to prove you wrong every time I can. Maybe it’s petty… I don’t care. I just don’t like you. Never have… never will.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want to know why i do not like you? Literally one of my very first posts was about Brady cutting his hand on Woodheads helmet in practice and I said the cut was “gushing blood”… a direct quote from an article I read. You jumped all over me… “Really!?! Gushing blood… you need to do your homework before posting on here.” Went on to tell me I was wrong and didn’t know what I was talking about. I posted the article and you just shrugged it off. That’s why I ALWAYS POST THE ARTICLE OR INSTAGRAM OR TWEET I READ. Because you were an asshole from day1. So I made it my goal to prove you wrong every time I can. Maybe it’s petty… I don’t care. I just don’t like you. Never have… never will.
Forgiveness is a virtue some people do not have.
Taking correction is a virtue others do not have.
You guys need to get a room......

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want to know why i do not like you? Literally one of my very first posts was about Brady cutting his hand on Woodheads helmet in practice and I said the cut was “gushing blood”… a direct quote from an article I read. You jumped all over me… “Really!?! Gushing blood… you need to do your homework before posting on here.”

Bruh! That was like 12 years ago. I mean, it might be time to let that shit go.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh! That was like 12 years ago. I mean, it might be time to let that shit go.

Nope. I would love to block him but his posts fuel my anger. Plus they make me laugh for various reasons. It’s like watching a huge car pile up. You want to look away but can’t.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN, the league is investigating whether or not Mahomes tirade on the field and his screaming comments were directed at an official who was being hindered leaving the field.

Later is was reported by ESPN that Mahomes has apologized to the world for his tirade and "Insensitive comments" to Josh Allen after the game.

League deciding whether or not to fine Andy Reid for his "officials' comments after the game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers QB Justin Herbert fractured his ring finger on his throwing hand in Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos.

He had surgery to repair the damage today. It's estimated that he will miss two three games.

Some reports say that should the Chargers lose another game, he will not be back until next year. If I owned a 5-8 team and my franchise QB had surgery on the Tuesday before game 14, I would not risk any chance of having that hand take any further abuse this year. Join me in the Owner's box and we'll discuss what you think you may need next year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night, ESPN discussed the OOS in detail and in particular Kadarius Toney.

Every time that guy lined up as the outside WR, he lined up off sides. They showed him on both the right and left side andhe was off evey play. The guy commenting said that at some point, somewhere, an official should have warned him butthey couldn't find anything on any of the television camera shots. The commentator also showed that the flag was already on the ground when Mahomes threw the pass to Kelcie and he said that Mahomes must have thought he had a free play that would be called back if anything went wrong.

The back of Toney's foot, according to supposed metrics, was about 15" in front of the ball.

For all of the complaining, never once in any play did Toney look to the sideline. Once he lined up, he never took his eyes off the ball. According to the commentator, every WR will look to the side judge when they know that they are close. That official will nod once that he's okay or turn his/her head 'no' and the WR will back up at least a foot. He said it happens at least ten times a game for both sides. Toney was just way to far over the front of the ball.

The final comment about it was that Mahomes knew he was pushing his position and should have told him to check with the side judge. He also said that one of the Bills' coaches may have called out Toney and the official waited to see if Toney would look her way. He didn't and she threw the hanky when he took his first step.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night, ESPN discussed the OOS in detail and in particular Kadarius Toney.

Every time that guy lined up as the outside WR, he lined up off sides. They showed him on both the right and left side andhe was off evey play. The guy commenting said that at some point, somewhere, an official should have warned him butthey couldn't find anything on any of the television camera shots. The commentator also showed that the flag was already on the ground when Mahomes threw the pass to Kelcie and he said that Mahomes must have thought he had a free play that would be called back if anything went wrong.

The back of Toney's foot, according to supposed metrics, was about 15" in front of the ball.

For all of the complaining, never once in any play did Toney look to the sideline. Once he lined up, he never took his eyes off the ball. According to the commentator, every WR will look to the side judge when they know that they are close. That official will nod once that he's okay or turn his/her head 'no' and the WR will back up at least a foot. He said it happens at least ten times a game for both sides. Toney was just way to far over the front of the ball.

The final comment about it was that Mahomes knew he was pushing his position and should have told him to check with the side judge. He also said that one of the Bills' coaches may have called out Toney and the official waited to see if Toney would look her way. He didn't and she threw the hanky when he took his first step.
The Chiefs have a legitimate complaint if the usual protocol wasn't used. Especially if they let it slide earlier only to not when it mattered most. But he did it and did it egregiously so every complaint should include acceptance they lost control first. The league is known to play game through the officials. Deflategate was an example of that and this smells of a similar stink.

However, no tears for the Chiefs.