• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL...Not Patriots News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are a team mired in a tar pit.
Half empty vs half full.
You say Mired in a tar pit, I say in the midst of a down turn due to cyclic circumstances.
You're talking about teams that have switched HC and GMs every few years if not every year. Yeah, that's a problem, but so is having one person run everything for 23 years and him not changing anything.
He has changes many things and is willing to take wild chances. Sometimes you're the hero, sometimes the zero.
Times have changed and BB has not.
You hypothesize.
If he fires BOB, who will he bring back to take over the offense?? Josh??
If Kraft fires Bill who will he hire? during a year when a dozen teams may be looking for new HC's you think this is a good year to try and find a successful one and throw away a proven commodity when the pickens will be slim?
Being terrified to change can be much worse than making wholesale changes.

If BB stays, Will there be any change in the defensive coaches? Will he bring back Josh? If not, what old friend will he bring back? He is not going to bring in anyone who will stand up to him or tell him that he doesn't know shit about how to run an offense. He'll find someone who he's comfortable with and can control. With Belichick staying in place, nothing will change.

This team needs to start moving into the 21st Century. Hell, I'm 3 years older than BB and I accept change much easier than he does.
You are not part of the inner workings at Gillette. Neither you nor I know what has changed on a day to day basis.
Stability and continuity are what young players need, not constant change for the sake of change.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles. 25 - 20. One score.
Dolphins 24 -17. One score.
Raiders 21 - 17. One Score.
Commanders 20 - 17. One Score.
Colts 10 - 6. One Score.
Giants 10 - 7. One Score.

6 of their 9 losses have been by one score or less. Usually in the closing seconds with a chance to win. The defenses is doing their job, the offense is not. If Bill had "Lost Control" the defense would be giving up silly points. The problem is not Bill having no control over the team. The problem, as much as I was glad B'OB was coming back is OC and QB. Mac cannot pass, cannot run and cannot fake a handoff when everyone knows it's coming. Furthermore his continually seeking advice outside the team is asinine and has lowered his trade value even more than just his play. He can't be trusted.

Money and draft position.

How often did that work for the Lions? The Browns? The Raiders? The Jets? The Cardinals? And a half a dozen other teams that continually swapped HC's and still ended up picking top 5 every year?

Look at the current standings. With a few odd exceptions that will likely auto-correct in a few weeks, ALL of the top teams have franchise QB's.

We don't have one of those.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Bills would be 6-6 with BB as HC and Josh at OC?? And Leslie Frazier and BB running that defense??

My guess is that they would 10-2 at the very worst.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. Are you for or against BB?
Just decided to throw it out there.

Was listening/watching a program on NESN. They were talking about the Bills sudden collapse and the number of people that HC Shawn McDermott has fired. They were all saying that he's canning people to deflect the blame from himself. Problem now is that by firing the OC and then losing to the Eagle, he's painted himself into a corner. Then the discussion turned to BB and if he an Joish were in Buffalo how efficient Josh Allen would be with a real OC and BB working the defense with Frazier, how much better they would be. The four of them agreed that the bills would be no worse than 10-2. BB would never go for a 4th and 6 in the second quarter and would certainly not allow an up the gut run.

Then the conversation turned on its heel. "Think the owner of the Bills has considered calling BB?" I won't get into that conversation. It's too much speculation.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just decided to throw it out there.

Was listening/watching a program on NESN. They were talking about the Bills sudden collapse and the number of people that HC Shawn McDermott has fired. They were all saying that he's canning people to deflect the blame from himself. Problem now is that by firing the OC and then losing to the Eagle, he's painted himself into a corner. Then the discussion turned to BB and if he an Joish were in Buffalo how efficient Josh Allen would be with a real OC and BB working the defense with Frazier, how much better they would be. The four of them agreed that the bills would be no worse than 10-2. BB would never go for a 4th and 6 in the second quarter and would certainly not allow an up the gut run.

Then the conversation turned on its heel. "Think the owner of the Bills has considered calling BB?" I won't get into that conversation. It's too much speculation.

I mostly think that BB has the ability to turn the Pats back into a contender rather quickly. Their 2 and 9 record has a lot of winnable games on it that they could've won with a play here or there. A quality QB with some fight in him could've provided that. IMO this team is not as bad as their record indicates. The QB and receivers are.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts?
Good argument about that exact subject on Early Edition last night.

The consensus seemed to be that Patricia was trying multiple player movements last year to allow Mac to have more opportunity to have an open target to throw to. No one knows for sure why the Patriots are not doing it this year and Tom Giles was cut off when he said, "Just someone looking for answers to something that will never be answered."

If the OL is so bad that nothing works, then nothing will work. Trying to make the offense more complex or razzle-dazzle will just result in more turnovers or sacks for the QB.

This year's offense under BOB is far worse than it was under Patricia.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The consensus seemed to be that Patricia was trying multiple player movements last year to allow Mac to have more opportunity to have an open target to throw to. No one knows for sure why the Patriots are not doing it this year and Tom Giles was cut off when he said, "Just someone looking for answers to something that will never be answered."

If the OL is so bad that nothing works, then nothing will work. Trying to make the offense more complex or razzle-dazzle will just result in more turnovers or sacks for the QB.

And that's a shame.

I also read something that stated if the fire BB then BOB must go too. The thought was the defense is very good, and they are IMO and Mayo could coach the team with input on the defense. I assume releasing them to be more aggressive. Bring in a GM that will all but can a lot of the current coaching staff and find a really good OC. A lot of people seem to think things are leaning this way.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts?

"(Head coach) Bill (Belichick) basically tells him, 'This is what I want this week, this is what we're looking for,' and he works within those constraints.

And how much different is this from every other team? Is he telling him which plays to call, or is he saying "Hey, we might need to think about a run heavy plan"?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what tanking looks like. We all assumed the offense would be at least a little better under BOB yet it's a giant shit sandwich. It makes no sense unless it's:

Tanking