• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL...Not Patriots News

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC Frank Reich was fired by the Carolina Panthers yesterday.

HC Ron Rivera was informed that he will not be with the Washington Commanders in 2024.

Both teams have been mentioned as the next place for Bill Belichick.
I'd take Riverboat Ron for a couple years. Can't stand looking at him, but at least he takes chances.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Riverboat Ron for a couple years. Can't stand looking at him, but at least he takes chances.
You don't recall the pass to Kevin Faulk? How about not taking the timeout?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't recall the pass to Kevin Faulk? How about not taking the timeout?
Recall both vividly. Two "gutsy" calls doesn't make up for what many, me included BB has made or didn't make.

As for the timeout??? Not sure it was as risky as it was calculated. BB knew what call he wanted and wasn't going to change his mind. He's too stubborn. He was prepared to go down with the ship had it failed. If they stop them it forces Seattle to use their time out. Enough for one more play and another do or die Defensive call.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riverboat Ron, haha
Cmon man!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your choice if BB departs?

Ben Johnson - Detroit Lions
Eric Bienemy - Washington Commanders
Kellen Moore - LA Chargers
Ken Dorsey - Ex Buffalo Bills

Younger and more offensive minded

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports media is the most accurate and good, because it is in real time, and most broadcasts are good enough. The rest is news and speculation.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead 20-17.

KC got flagged on an incredible play where Mahomes hit Kelcie and Kelcie turned and thrw a pass to Toney who cruised into the end zone and they thought they had won the game. Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Toney was lined up in the neutral zone. He was actually looking back at the football standing in position. Or should I say standing out of position. Play is called back and it's 2nd and 15. KC never moved the ball.

Head Coach Andy Reid was livid after the game and said that the game was an embarrassment to the NFL. Not to him or his team, the NFL. I can't wait to see his press conference if it ever gets reshown. I'd like to know if he's complaining about the officiating. All of the calls that have always seemed to go his way, didn't. Fumble out of bounds was a first doen Buffalo. A Reid challenge stood as called on the field and he lost a timeout.

I rarely cheer for the Bills, but they overcame some brutal holding calls when the score was tied 17-17.

Wonder what will come from Reid's tirade.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead 20-17.

KC got flagged on an incredible play where Mahomes hit Kelcie and Kelcie turned and thrw a pass to Toney who cruised into the end zone and they thought they had won the game. Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Toney was lined up in the neutral zone. He was actually looking back at the football standing in position. Or should I say standing out of position. Play is called back and it's 2nd and 15. KC never moved the ball.

Head Coach Andy Reid was livid after the game and said that the game was an embarrassment to the NFL. Not to him or his team, the NFL. I can't wait to see his press conference if it ever gets reshown. I'd like to know if he's complaining about the officiating. All of the calls that have always seemed to go his way, didn't. Fumble out of bounds was a first doen Buffalo. A Reid challenge stood as called on the field and he lost a timeout.

I rarely cheer for the Bills, but they overcame some brutal holding calls when the score was tied 17-17.

Wonder what will come from Reid's tirade.
He was clearly offside

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was clearly offside
I saw both Reid and Mahomes press conferences and they both bitched about the call. Mahomes said, "I've been playing for seven years and have never seen offense offsides."

Dean Blandino, for head of NFL referees:

OOS was called 1 time in 2021, twice in 2022 and has been called 11 times already in 2023.

They used to warn WRs but it got so out of hand and defensive players were really getting riled because they are constantly called if they line up in the Neutral Zone.

KC has never played a playoff game on the road. This loss could be the determing factor in them at least playing away for their first game.

What will they bitch about when they lose in Foxboro next Sunday?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw both Reid and Mahomes press conferences and they both bitched about the call. Mahomes said, "I've been playing for seven years and have never seen offense offsides."

OOS was called 1 time in 2021, twice in 2022 and has been called 11 times already in 2023.

They used to warn WRs but it got so out of hand and defensive players were really getting riled because they are constantly called if they line up in the Neutral Zone.

KC has never played a playoff game on the road. This loss could be the determing factor in them at least playing away for their first game.

The flag was thrown before the pass. The refs have no way of knowing they were "messing with history". Maybe Kelce saw the flag thrown, thought it was defensive offsides and made the play knowing he had the cushion of the penalty if anything went awry.

This belongs in stupid news. So tired of teams that don't do enough to win complaining when the straw they clutch on to is taken. I've always thought come from behind wins are over rated.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Translated: " Wea re the Chiefs, We are at home, that call is supposed to go our way"!
The flag was thrown before the pass. The refs have no way of knowing they were "messing with history". Maybe Kelce saw the flag thrown, thought it was defensive offsides and made the play knowing he had the cushion of the penalty if anything went awry.

This belongs in stupid news. So tired of teams that don't do enough to win complaining when the straw they clutch on to is taken. I've always thought come from behind wins are over rated.
And clearly if the Chiefs look at the play they will see he is offside. This is what bothers me when posters here, and announcers, and media make statements like, " You don't make that call in that situation". Bullshit that's what causes the drama, if it's a rule and your team broke that rule make the call.

Toney didn't even check with the ref, most times a WR or TE will look over the ref to see if they are onside, he didn't do that. I feel like he was trying to gain and edge an got busted.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translated: " Wea re the Chiefs, We are at home, that call is supposed to go our way"!

And clearly if the Chiefs look at the play they will see he is offside. This is what bothers me when posters here, and announcers, and media make statements like, " You don't make that call in that situation". Bullshit that's what causes the drama, if it's a rule and your team broke that rule make the call.

Toney didn't even check with the ref, most times a WR or TE will look over the ref to see if they are onside, he didn't do that. I feel like he was trying to gain and edge an got busted.
I just went back and gave @BigKen a winner for the post that gave stats showing the leave is emphasizing that call, whether it announced it or not (not sure if there was any league communication), however it's always been a rule... And despite adjectives like "marginal", he was two feet in front of the rest of his team. They were a foot back (and most more) and he was a foot forward.

For their part, they should be focusing their effort supporting their teammate's mistake with those "never seen it called" comments instead of blaming the refs. With that approach they can productively air their grievance and not sound like douches.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid was bitchin' further and actually said, "The officials didn't warn me first. They just made the call."

How about drilling Mahomes after he throws a pass and the coach says, "He didn't warm first, he just made the call."

Rules are in place for a reason. They attempt to prevent anyone from taking an illegal advantage. Do refs warn a coach before throwing every flag?
Blandino said it best, "Officials used to all a slight forward position. Then they warned the coaches about it. For years they also warned the receivers as well. It's getting beyond the rule and the officials have to call blatant disregard."

Tooney was far over the line, you can't see the ball from any camera angle on his left side and he's looking physically behind himself at the ball. Only two reasons why he was that far forward. He knew he could push the rule and pushed it too far. OR He seriously needs a pair of corrective eyewear.