• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL...Not Patriots News

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody watch the 49ers and Ravens?

Brock Purdy showed why he was pick #256 in the 2022 draft.

Bad decisions, bad WR selection, bad passes. His only saving grace was TE George Kittle.

Purdy threw for almost 300 yards, but no TDs. He threw 4 INTs.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that, size matters. Purdy and Zappe are about the same size. Purdy has a huge advantage in WRs, RBs and TSs as well as huge advantage in the quality of his OL. The Ravens batted passes and roughed up the receivers last night. Side note: They won't be allowed to do it in the playoffs. Especially the shirt grabbing that they were allowed to get away with. The 33-19 score was on Purdy.

I think that Zappe might be better than Purdy if he had that same offense.

Would you rather sleep in a clean, warm bed or in a restaurant dumpster?
He did have his throwing arm hit on at least one pick. A couple not so much bad decisions but off the mark. He was throwing behind his receivers quite often.

Size can be an advantage. But finding open throwing lanes and these new half side arm throws are just as important. Athletisicm over size IMHO. DL/DE/LBs are monsters now adays. Big, fast, strong and crazy vertical for men their size. So I guess size does matter, lol.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this??

They are 26th in the NFL in scoring.
They are 26th in the NFL in Passing Offense

Head Coach Sean Peyton said, "I've seen enough. Jared Stidham will start for the Denver Broncos this week.

Have to wonder if 5 sacks, 2 INTs, 1 Fumble for a TD and a Safety against the 3-11 NE Patriots has put a nail in Russell Wilson's coffin. Or is Russell Wilson in the same sinking lifeboat as Mac Jones, Zach Wilson and a few other QBs who are surrounded by less than quality players?

Just when the Gods seem to be smiling upon thee, you realize that they had gas and they released a wet fart upon you.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to wonder if 5 sacks, 2 INTs, 1 Fumble for a TD and a Safety against the 3-11 NE Patriots has put a nail in Russell Wilson's coffin.
I'm confused. Wilson was returning kickoffs? I must be missing something.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. Wilson was returning kickoffs? I must be missing something.
No, Just that Peyton decided to hang the entire debacle on Russell Wilson.

You know, he brushed those crumbs off his shirt, said, "It wasn't me. it was him."

He has named Stidham as the starter for this Sunday's home finale against the Chargers. He's got a 50/50 chance of looking like he knows what he's doing or doesn't have a clue.

Whatta ya think?? Ex-Patriot provides an umbrella for the HC?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney Harrison named a finalist for the HOF. IMO he should be in immediately. One of the all-time greats stat-wise but also intercepted a ball in the Super Bowl to ice the game. And while he was on the wrong side of the "helmet catch", it is certainly a "famous" play. He was a core player in a team that went 16 - 0. Give the man his due.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this??

They are 26th in the NFL in scoring.
They are 26th in the NFL in Passing Offense

Head Coach Sean Peyton said, "I've seen enough. Jared Stidham will start for the Denver Broncos this week.

Have to wonder if 5 sacks, 2 INTs, 1 Fumble for a TD and a Safety against the 3-11 NE Patriots has put a nail in Russell Wilson's coffin. Or is Russell Wilson in the same sinking lifeboat as Mac Jones, Zach Wilson and a few other QBs who are surrounded by less than quality players?

Just when the Gods seem to be smiling upon thee, you realize that they had gas and they released a wet fart upon you.

That’s not why he benched Wilson for the last 2 games. He has an injury clause in his contract that if he gets hurt the Broncos are on the line for like 36 million dollars. The season is over. They are not making the playoffs. Why risk Wilson getting hurt? Hence the benching.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not why he benched Wilson for the last 2 games. He has an injury clause in his contract that if he gets hurt the Broncos are on the line for like 36 million dollars. The season is over. They are not making the playoffs. Why risk Wilson getting hurt? Hence the benching.
From what I've read, The Bronco and Wilson have been in a real pissing contest for the past month and half. The Bronco knew that when they brought him aboard, they would have to write a check for $85M Guaranteed. That monster is due in 2024 and 2025. They thought that they could rewrite it and move it. Wilson is not budging and wants it when it's due. Ain't a team in the league that wants to eat that contract. If they cut him, he gets it in one check. If they trade him, the other team isn't going to give them shit and will demand that they pay at least $50-$60M of it.

That and he wasn't all that he was advertised and has not been the QB he was in Seattle.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, The Bronco and Wilson have been in a real pissing contest for the past month and half. The Bronco knew that when they brought him aboard, they would have to write a check for $85M Guaranteed. That monster is due in 2024 and 2025. They thought that they could rewrite it and move it. Wilson is not budging and wants it when it's due. Ain't a team in the league that wants to eat that contract. If they cut him, he gets it in one check. If they trade him, the other team isn't going to give them shit and will demand that they pay at least $50-$60M of it.

That and he wasn't all that he was advertised and has not been the QB he was in Seattle.
He looked a lot like that same Wilson against the Pats. Maybe the Donks aren't the team Wilson needs to get the results he was having early in his career.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know stats don’t tell the whole story but Wilson threw for over 3,000 yards. 26 TD’s and 8 interceptions. I think that’s pretty solid. If we were to miss out on the top 3 QB’s in the draft, I wouldn’t mind signing Wilson and drafting someone like JJ McCarthy and let him learn from Wilson.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know stats don’t tell the whole story but Wilson threw for over 3,000 yards. 26 TD’s and 8 interceptions. I think that’s pretty solid. If we were to miss out on the top 3 QB’s in the draft, I wouldn’t mind signing Wilson and drafting someone like JJ McCarthy and let him learn from Wilson.
Patriots could never take that contract.

BB offered TB12 $18M for one year. Brady was asking 2/$50M/. No way that Kraft picks up a 2/$85M contract for Wilson.

IF, big if. The Broncos will take a 2028 7th Round pick and swallow $60M, That would be palatable because the Patriots would actually be paying 2/$25M. Just not sure that Wilson is a good fit even with BB as HC.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots could never take that contract.

BB offered TB12 $18M for one year. Brady was asking 2/$50M/. No way that Kraft picks up a 2/$85M contract for Wilson.

IF, big if. The Broncos will take a 2028 7th Round pick and swallow $60M, That would be palatable because the Patriots would actually be paying 2/$25M. Just not sure that Wilson is a good fit even with BB as HC.

I’ve read the Broncos will flat out release him. Not sure what his contract demands will be though….

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve read the Broncos will flat out release him. Not sure what his contract demands will be though….
If they choose to do that, they have to write him a check and say farewell. Then he's an unrestricted free agent and can negotiate with whoever he wants and take whatever he can get. He's still worth $15-$20M a year based on who's out there and what QBs can demand.

If BB is still here, he'll try to lowball him. None the less, Wilson is not the answer.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another One Bites the Dust

Pete Carroll as HC of the Seattle Seahawks

will remain as an advisor.........................

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is done in Alabama. Is he done coaching? Rumors abound that he looking for one last spin in the NFL.

Carroll
Saban
Belichick

All born between 1948 and 1952. End of the Baby Boomer era???

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is done in Alabama. Is he done coaching? Rumors abound that he looking for one last spin in the NFL.

Carroll
Saban
Belichick

All born between 1948 and 1952. End of the Baby Boomer era???
Anyone 60 and older is a baby boomer, maybe 59... That's 1964....

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matty P getting absolutely torched on social media today for the Eagles loss to the Bucs.

I hate Patricia just as much as the next guy but man is it ruthless. While I'm not giving him any credit for anything, the Eagles defense already sucked which is why they fired the guy before him.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matty P getting absolutely torched on social media today for the Eagles loss to the Bucs.

I hate Patricia just as much as the next guy but man is it ruthless. While I'm not giving him any credit for anything, the Eagles defense already sucked which is why they fired the guy before him.

I think he’s been very much disliked everywhere he’s been. He looks like an arrogant doucher.