• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there's a "real chance" Taylor Heinicke starts the Wild Card game against the Bucs.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there's a "real chance" Taylor Heinicke starts the Wild Card game against the Bucs.​

Smith's calf injury is reportedly still sore and "hasn't loosened up" after pushing through the strain in Week 17. Smith certainly didn't look anywhere near full health last Sunday and would be playing at less than full health again if he ends up suiting up through his questionable tag. Heinicke would be a slight downgrade to Washington's chances of pulling the upset. The 27-year-old has 77 career pass attempts. Heinicke has been taking first-team reps in practice all week.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there's a "real chance" Taylor Heinicke starts the Wild Card game against the Bucs.​

Smith's calf injury is reportedly still sore and "hasn't loosened up" after pushing through the strain in Week 17. Smith certainly didn't look anywhere near full health last Sunday and would be playing at less than full health again if he ends up suiting up through his questionable tag. Heinicke would be a slight downgrade to Washington's chances of pulling the upset. The 27-year-old has 77 career pass attempts. Heinicke has been taking first-team reps in practice all week.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
don't think he would be a slight downgrade at all

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an awful lot of faith in a guy with 77 passes 3 INTs and 1 TD pass. Of course if he starts I hope he plays well and it will be Cinderella story #2 for the year.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an awful lot of faith in a guy with 77 passes 3 INTs and 1 TD pass. Of course if he starts I hope he plays well and it will be Cinderella story #2 for the year.
Do we need him to the man that carries the team NO we just need him to be alittle bit of an upgrade over Smith

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happens, taking TB and giving up the points.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Heinicke plays like he did in the 4th Quarter vs Carolina I like Washington
He's an untested QB seeing his first action in the playoffs....even if he weren't 100% Smith is still the better choice since he has playoff experience.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an untested QB seeing his first action in the playoffs....even if he weren't 100% Smith is still the better choice since he has playoff experience.
May be untested but this gets me excited

Last edited:

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the skill and mobility on top I think he has the brains to play smart

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be untested but this gets me excited
This is nice, got me excited too. I said to myself ... he looked good in those preseason games. :pound:

2017 threw one pass for Houston

2018 - played in 1 game for Carolina 320 yards on 57 attempts; 5.6 yards per attempt; 1 TD and 3 INTs

2020 - played 7 minutes for the WTF threw 1 TD in 19 attempts

I get that Smith is damaged goods. If the Hineyman plays I will be rooting my ass off for him but I don't see anything other than your YouTube video which is mostly preseason games that suggests he is going to gun down Tom Brady. However I will be standing in line to eat all the crow you can serve if I am wrong. :suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear I would love to see this kid play and play well. Having served at NAS Oceana I would drive up to ODU where he played many years later to watch Nancy Liberman play basketball. ODU was the dominate woman's basketball team in the mid 70s to early 80s. My best friends cousin was HC of the men's basketball team for six or seven years. I have a warm spot in my heart for the school. After researching Heinicke following his 7 minutes of WTF football I said "oh yeah, I remember that kid staring for ODU. He once threw for over 700 yards in a game. So it would be a nice story.

Just not one I am counting on.

Saw Ringo there a little over two years ago. ODU that is. :drum:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really torn here. I think deserves is based on ability. No doubt Smith trumps Heinicke in experience. As far as health goes it is vice versa.

I have watched some opinions that say start Heinicke and if it doesn't go well then put Smith in. Right now Smith doesn't look like he can come in and put up a lot of points so I don't really agree with this idea. What if you go the other way, Smith struggles and you are down 10 or more. Do you really expect Heinicke to over come that deficit? Catch 22 for those old enough to remember that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good story for Heinicke, but the larger story is Smith's absence and further doubts about his future in the NFL. I have real concerns about his health, as week after week, that leg is not responding to treatment in a manner that sufficiently allows him to practice without these reported next day setbacks.

I was told that it was too early to talk about his retirement when I bought it up earlier in the year. Perhaps it's still too early, but at some point, the best ability... reliability, will force that conversation.

Regarding Heinicke, he's playing with absolutely nothing to lose. Few expect Washington to win this game, hell, it would come as something rather surprising if the WFT kept this one close against the favored Buccaneers.

Last edited:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is the only guy on your team that can run and pass for 10 yds on the same play, you have no choice but to put a lot of faith in him. Or at least act like you do. As I said in an earlier post, I think we are screwed.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear I would love to see this kid play and play well. Having served at NAS Oceana I would drive up to ODU where he played many years later to watch Nancy Liberman play basketball. ODU was the dominate woman's basketball team in the mid 70s to early 80s. My best friends cousin was HC of the men's basketball team for six or seven years. I have a warm spot in my heart for the school. After researching Heinicke following his 7 minutes of WTF football I said "oh yeah, I remember that kid staring for ODU. He once threw for over 700 yards in a game. So it would be a nice story.

Just not one I am counting on.

Saw Ringo there a little over two years ago. ODU that is. :drum:
Ringo? Wonder if he can throw a football?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good story for Heinicke, but the larger story is Smith's absence and further doubts about his future in the NFL. I have real concerns about his health, as week after week, that leg is not responding to treatment in a manner that sufficiently allows him to practice without these reported next day setbacks.

I was told that it was too early to talk about his retirement when I bought it up earlier in the year. Perhaps it's still too early, but at some point, the best ability... reliability, will force that conversation.

Regarding Heinicke, he's playing with absolutely nothing to lose. Few expect Washington to win this game, hell, it would come as something rather surprising if the WFT kept this one close against the favored Buccaneers.
Smith should retire the next day after our season ends. Or Sunday. Whichever comes first.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need him to the man that carries the team NO we just need him to be alittle bit of an upgrade over Smith

Well, he is not an upgrade over Smith.

But if Smith isn’t healthy enough to play better than he did last week, then Heinicke is really the only viable option.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is the only guy on your team that can run and pass for 10 yds on the same play, you have no choice but to put a lot of faith in him. Or at least act like you do. As I said in an earlier post, I think we are screwed.
House Money! Just enjoy the game as I assume both will play.